[1.1.4.2] Fire AAR Sorcerer: Haze

BTW, why you all put 12 points into Arcane Balance? Isnt it a rather weak passive, offering mere 2% crit damage per point? As well as Reckless Power beyond 12 and Demo mastery beyond 32?
And put some points into much better abilities:
Overload (10 OA per point)
Conversion to 9/10 (CC resist)
Blast Shield (damage absorb scales very good at high levels)
Blackwater Coctail (enemy OA reduction along with damage, AoE and duration increase).
And is there any point to invest into spirit that much? Why dont use a rare with “of insight suffix”, if you crave for energy that much?

Link me the build please.

@vizix @bog: I’ll try to answer the questions

But also bear in mind that Ya’s GT is in now way shape or form polished. It’s just his general concept for the fire AAR sorc.

25% crit is big.

I agree with this. I would prioritize overload over arcane balance if I can’t get enough OA.

Reckless power is better because it has higher flat damage benefits, and you have perfect aether fire conversion on AAR.

Overcap on casting speed also provides a buffer against slow debuffs.

I think conversion is 6/10 if you can get CC res on your craftable items. There should be many - pants, weapon, ammy.

Yes it’s good, but it’s not needed. He’s not going to die under 10/12 BS, so any more points into it is a waste

You’re better off going for damage because of adcth.

Yes. %magic damage is huge.

Because ya doesn’t like using greens, and because almost every item on the build is irreplacable.

its the build ya1 made but i dont know what to proc raise the dead devotion with

Use your mobility rune.

yeah i use displacement but i cant link it to raise the dead

Hmm. maybe OFF? or transmuted CT?

I dunno.

Your other alternative is to do what I did and get agonizing flames, and to skip revenant

right yeah that could work i guess range is limited though but better then something else i guess

Canister bomb should work v well too

i think that will be better. Tested it canister it is.

Just a word of caution, the more spells you add into your rotation, the lower AAR’s DPS becomes.

Every second you don’t spend casting AAR, detracts from its output

^Same logic as CC-res

yeah but this has to be i throw molotov mines and canister at around mid range then lazor it to death. Its not ideal like with passive RR like with aura of censure but hey its a sorcerer it throws stuff at ya

Yup, but the point here is to try and minimize it as far as possible.

The question to be answered:

Is 6 devotion points into revenant, + extra CB cast more or less valuable than 12 points into agonizing flame, and a less reliable RR source?

I don’t know. Very very close.

it’s a matter of piloting preference and testing.

Your crits would go up from 2.2x to 2.45x. That’s ~4,8% total DPS gain. That’s roughly equal to ~+100% damage. Or ~8% damage per point. Not as “big” as you imagine.

10 OA out of 3000 is 0.33%.

To get the equivalent of a 4.8% OA gain, you’d need to invest ~15 skill points (as opposed to 12 in arcane balance for a 4.8% DPS gain)

OA also doesn’t translate directly into DPS. (i.e. 1% OA gain is less than 1% DPS gain)

How about a well rolled chains of ordas for the belt? I’ve always wondered how it would fair against phantom thread girdle, been meaning to build a Fire Sorc AAR using that, but too lazy to farm right now.

hmm yeah well that belt converts aether to fire which is not needed a gargoyle girdle however might help. but i dont know if its worth it

No. As pointed out by ya1, flat damage to AAR is massive.

You want as many +points into disintegration.

Besides, this is already a rather skill point starved build, and at the end of the day, only 24% of your converted pierce damage will be added to AAR

Why not use Olexa Flash Freeze for the massive reduction to enemy fire resistance?

Because enemies are resistant to freeze effects. You’d need to use mageslayer for it to be effective, and even then, you’d only be able to freeze a nem for 0.5s or so