FOR THE HORNED RAT!
So with the recent buffs to Dunefiend EoR across 2 patches it looks decent now (even with EoR itself nerfed) tho the set still lacks stats by itself so I had to resort to greens for EZ capping. Too lazy to be creative nowadays. Onto the build:
Char sheet with all permanent buffs.
- What changed from old dunefiend? - Well, 22.214.171.124 gave it lightning to acid conversion (was previously lightning to pierce) then 126.96.36.199 gave it energy regen, which was one of the most requested buffs for dunefiend. Now it can sustain spinning for long periods as long as there are people with energy that can be leeched. Just don’t go spinning for long periods of time without hitting anyone and you’ll be fine. The major energy consumers now are really just blinks, tho it will still cause you to run out of mana since spinning and regen just balance out each other.
- Dervish vs Sentinel - Haven’t really tried Sentinel but from my tests with this Dervish, it’s likely that Sentinel will still have energy problems unless you go out of your way to really fix it, which means either less damage or less defense. I like dervish better cause Veil.
- Gear - Only dunefiend is really core here. Belt and Relic are common acid combo nowadays. Medal cause even with 11/12 post nerf anatomy and that medal, Alex is still a pain in the ass to kill. Peerless eye over essence cause I’m OA whoring. Green rings for EZ resists/stats. Since dunefiend lacks by itself, then I think at least 1 green with good affixes is mandatory, either the rings or a stoneplate boots. Go for Widow’s sting or Deathguard can be alternatives tho keep in mind the previous sentence. HOW DO I GET THOSE GREENS? JOIN THE CULT OF THE STASH! MEMBERSHIP IS FREE!
- Stats - Figured DA is enough so just got required physique for pants and went with full cunning
- Skill Choices - EoR, obviously. No DW blades skill cause I figured 25% phys res is enough. Adjust depending on your tastes. 11/12 Anatomy for the cunning dump. Mandate cause Slow Res is very valuable for EoR and while you can get it by items, it’ll make itemization more convoluted and I’m lazy enough not to find a better solution. Once you solve the slow res problem without Mandate then go Path (with this itemization, getting slow res bonus from crafting won’t get you anywhere since we only have 1 craftable item, so try another item setup if you wanna solve slow res that way). Legwraps of Tranquil mind exists but I prefer having Barbaros for the steroid.
- Devotions - Pretty common for acid builds with deadly means. I removed Tainted Eruption proc since SS is the only skill I have to bind it and SS with dunefiend is kinda clunky. Low CD and when the CDR procs it never feels good. and you just lose DPS cause you’re not spinning while yo’re trying to figure out what’s happening to your SS. Removal of the proc actually made me gain around 30 seconds on my runs.
Cruci Performance and Video
Cruci cleartime is consistent around 6:30 mins with 3 buffs and 1 banner on my hardware. Video shows my best result at 6:20.
The build is great,Not in the same league as the new ranged builds you’re seeing or the usual casters but it’s not even minmaxed yet (it’s first draft) so a lot can be improved. Just not by me cause I wanna move onto other builds and games.
Anyway, you usually don’t die aside from chainstuns as stuns = no spin = no lifesteal. The only time I died with this build was when 2 Moosilaukes just chainfreezing me luckily and I never got to spin again. This was with other nemeses dead, so try avoiding stuns if you can.
Other Stuff* **Realms** - I don't like realms. I did have some spare realm sets back when I played it last patch tho. There's a shitton of them drops before it was moved to vendors so it wasn't a problem finding good rolled parts. - copied this from the previous thread again
LUSTRIA SHALL BE OURS!!
Oh, wrong game…