[1.1.9.8] Poison Ivy - Crucible 150-170 4:20, Celestials, SR90, resilient Acid Retaliation caster Archon by mad_lee [vid][g3][cr+][sr+]

Yeah, it’s complicated. Let me see.

Crossroads green, blue, purple, Bat, Anvil, Eel, Scarab, Messenger of War, Solemn Watcher, Shieldmaiden, Affliction, Hawk, Murmur, REFUND Hawk and Eel and Crossroads, TAKE Stag and Menhir

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the help.

1 Like

This one looks fun. I have a crappy prototype version I’ll be happy to upgrade to this spec.

1 Like

another build to work on. thank you mad.

1 Like

Imagine this had 16% rdata to Vines like the BwC commando…

@mad_lee have you tried pulling some points from global %retal passives and taking that Fervor? Seems like you have a lot of time between casts and nothing to do? Just two points in Fervor already give you 14% rdata per hit… and you can get cheap defense from Consecration.

I swear mad_lee is the reason I keep making new characters (to try his builds). Another really fun one! Thanks!

1 Like

Do you think that 1 additional percent change a lot?

Oh damn there’s already rdata on the Vines second node. I never even noticed that.

First drafts were Fervor + Vines. It wasn’t good. Clunky and also build was being exposed too much. Aegis was a revelation (as I wrote in the guide: changed to it after I saw one of John’s retal testing chars). Build is very nimble because of that, you can basically double scate around monsters and throw Vines and Aegis, or you can choose to facetank with Wendigo Totem up.

No Theme Music!?

Poison Ivy

[https://youtu.be/bvHsiYDs8pU]

1 Like

damn, she is a legend! Nice theme music!

After @thejabrixone tried different Blessings/Banner setup in Crucible: 3 blessings (Ulzuin instead of Amatok) and 4 level 1 Storm banners. And it works great, much smoother gameplay, more freedom, better damage.

Added 5:32 video. with new Blessings/Banner setup.

1 Like

absoluetly agree with this

I really, really love this build but man do I wish it was a bit sturdier and/or had more OA.

yeah, OA is a pain. Where are you having problems with tankiness with this one?

I was doing the new roguelike and during one of my runs I got deleted instantly by the last boss from full HP. Not sure what caused it though. Mind you, I don’t have a prismatic diamond currently (using titan plating) so I’m sure once I do the swap I should survive a damage spike like that. I am also comparing sturdiness to a retal Warlord which isn’t that fair :rofl:

I haven’t yet seen what new boss does, but I have heard that he is nearly harmless in melee range but vicious if you try and play ranged against him. Prismatic is definitely needed here as another defensive layer, since we have plenty of armor and physical resist already.

And yeah, obviously retaliation Warlord is like leagues above Archon in terms of tankiness, not even fair to compare those as you said it yourself. Actually making this Archon consistent in Crucible was a huge pain the ass, this class combo is a bit glassy.

Decided to check this bad boy in 1.1.5.2 and recorded two runs:

Very first run (out of practice with the build, unlucky mutators and mucho Aleksander): 6:33 run
Second run (got used to it, lucky mutators and few Alejandros): 5:18 run.

Added videos to the op.

Amazing build but i tried to facetank ravager, mogdrogen and lokarr and i cant

Hi!

I don’t think this build can facetank them. It’s a tanky caster build, but you shouldn’t facetank Celestials with it )

But if you really want to do it, I think Mogdrogen should be possible. Just overcap your Lightning resist by 80%+ with a potion and augments.

For Ravager - maybe try Golemborns with Enchanted Earth. But problem with Ravager is that you have low OA to hit him often enough.

Lokarr should be easy, but maybe run around a bit, you don’t need to facetank to do full damage.

is it possible to facetank them with some eor archon build then?