[1.1.9.8] Poison Ivy - Crucible 150-170 4:20, Celestials, SR90, resilient Acid Retaliation caster Archon by mad_lee [vid][g3][cr+][sr+]

Lokkar maybe, not sure about other two. Most of the time you have to adjust a build to fight a celestial to counter celestial’s strengths.

Like versus Mogdrogen you usually need increased maximum Lightning resist and capped Stun res together with very high Lightning overcap (80%) and high adtch. Versus Ravager you need a lot of armor (preferably 3500+), high physical resist, high OA and high adtch.

I gave up on my Vit build after writing myself into a corner I couldn’t find my way out of. Trying to build towards this retal build without GDStashing it, but it’s rough going. I have a regular Bramblevine but it doesn’t have the damage conversion of the Mythical version. Any suggestions for the push 80-100 with not much in the way of gear availability?

Well, as my guide says, you need that exact gear for the build to work.

My suggestion for 80-100: try making some kind of a poverty Cyclone Archon build: i.e. Archon that utilizes Wind Devils and spins using EoR.

Another suggestion: try trading on this forums: a lot of legitimate players exchange Grim Dawn items for other items or mats. I don’t think it’s cheating (although game stops being single player experience after that), but if you take on trading with fair traders on this forum you are going to have much easier time with assembling end-game builds.

That’s too bad. It seems like retaliation builds require a lot of exotic and hard to find gear, and Archon is probably one of the most dependent combinations on retaliation because it has so much of it and is so weak in other ways. Warlord has other builds it can excel at. Archon is simply outclassed if not doing retaliation… retaliation really should be Archon’s thing but for a first class for a new player, it’s pretty hard to pull it off. The fragility of the Briarthorn doesn’t help either.

I agree, mate, Archon might not be the best choice for a first character, especially if you are playing self-found.

This build is (as many of my builds are) a combination of different bits and pieces of less obvious gear/skills/devotion choices that works only if you put it all together. And to be honest, 99% of endgame builds are the exact gear pieces, some of them use obvious cookie-cutter sets, some less obvious gear/skills, but you always need that exact gear.

However, don’t despair, you can always play Cyclone Archon which is still hella strong. And you can replicate it with some faction/epic gear and it will still work, because it combines strongest cookie-cutters in-game: Lightning damage and EoR.

1 Like

Yeah, I play self-found because it doesn’t mean anything to me to load a mod and have all the gear. If I was playing Factorio, sure, there are all the layers of challenge even if you play in sandbox mode and have everything accessible to you. With GD I’d probably just stop playing if I had my build done and dusted and didn’t have any investment in the character itself.

If I’d chosen Conjurer then maybe I could just farm for Dark One, but I don’t think the Wendigo Totem bonuses will help very much as it was the other parts that were stronger. So I’ll try spin2win.

1 Like

Was playing some vinyls after work and stumbled on this EP, The Smell Of Female
Poison Ivy…

1 Like

That’s a sick (in a good way) to bump my build, thanks :kissing:

Just wanted to thank you for the build. Was looking for a fun acid retaliation build. Thought i would not like the vines, but they are growing on me… and shield bounce is just awesome.

Started this build with merits. I don’t have everything for smooth ultimate start, so just did elite and with the perdition set and later empowered perdition set it was super fun. Huge power spike each time.

Just hit mid 80’s and got vilescrorn + draega’s armor on, the bramble shield, and Scion of Noxious Wounds. At 70 i had moved to ultimate and it was pretty smooth even in just empowered perdition gear.
After i got the 80+ gear on ultimate feels like normal now and super exited for the final push to 94.

Think this might be my main ugdenbloom farmer / crucible runner.

I guess one question can this build take on Cali to get the helm – is there an alternate helm you think would be good to take on cali with to get the right one?

2 Likes

Once you get all the pieces together at level 100 you gonna feel the true power of the build. It’s pretty strong!

Daegga, Dawnshard, Mythical Face of Perdition, Okaloth, Terror of the Grove - all are viable options. It’s just Calla gives most value in terms of utility, but it’s not a build defining item here.

Nice thanks for the quick reply. I figured it wasn’t critical, but gives a baddy to fight :slight_smile:

One other question… are the stats and single point in blood pact worth the 16 skill points?

Seems like you could stop at 25 shaman and maybe use those points to max out something. Maybe the 5% damage to health is big?

Like this maxes resiliance to get an extra 2% max resist, 5% physical resist, and maxes out the vines and shields:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V07X9X2

nope, raw stats are better, Resilience is just a fail-safe that is up ~30% of the time (or less, might be wrong here). Blood Pact gives us increased sustain from Aegis, mastery points gives us better stat distribution and higher hp.

Making this build a consistent farmer was super hard, I gave up few times on it before I cracked it. So decreasing sustain would be a big no-no, imo. It’s an Archon, after all, it’s pretty squishy initially (unlike retaliation Warlord), so it needs all defenses it can get.

What are the best skills to focus on when leveling an archon before you get all the 94 gear? I really want to try this build!

Any changes for this in 1.1.6?

Should still be hella strong despite Thornhide pants nerf and slight Bat nerf, so no changes. Will report if I find something thru testing.

Sorry to answer so late, didn’t see your message. You should check leveling guides on this forum, they are really good.

1 Like

Any thoughts on possible BiS greens for this since they were made a whole lot more farmable in last patch?

Hi, I think really good rolled Creeping Rings might do the trick.

For some reason I cannot find the leveling guide and the faction choices. Is it in a different post? I have not played since November and I’m still a little slow trying to get back into the game.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s because there isn’t a levelling guide. This is an end-game build and they don’t include such things.

Thanks.

My apologies. I must have been confused when I read it.