[1.1.4.2] Pure Vitality Oblivion Spamlord/RE leechtank Oppressor. Crucible 5:54. SR+

He’s hearing you. The point I wanted to make was that cdr on RE from path is irrelevant due to reaction times. More so in this build where you spam oblivion. All the other advantages and disadvantages for path were already noted. You respond with an entirely different argument hence he replied that way.

Well, let’s wait for @Cinder, he might test it and find the conclusion :slight_smile:

Just threw this Sentinel together while taking some ideas from your build and I think it might be worth testing if you’re able/interested. Few design choices to explain:

• Blood Orb is used to convert the Acid damage on Dreeg’s Cleave/Celestial Presence to Vitality so the Guardians deal pure Vitality damage. Also nice for converting flat Acid like Blood of Dreeg for Oblivion. I’m 50/50 on whether the Elemental->Chaos conversion is a bad thing or not.

• Devotion path was rushed. Could probably do with tweaking as in hindsight, I’m not too happy on no Vitality procs, could probably work Twin Fangs in as a minimum but I’m uncertain on Wendigo’s Mark.

• Augments can be shifted around if more overcap on resistances is desired. Getting 210 OA shred on Pox and the occasional Resilience proc more than covers DA. This means you can also safely swap out one or both Seal of Might if other stats like ADCtH from Seal of Blades is wanted.

Great build as well by the way! Always good to see these item-granted skills getting used, Oblivion especially has gone unused for so long until it became spammable.

Interesting idea! I’d love to make a functioning Guardian-centred build.

But their Scion of Dreeg skill transmuter kind of messes up possible vit dmg versions, right?

Maybe a fire Blightlord would work best for this? We’d lose our precious oblivion relic in that case, though… :cry:

I kind of want to make Guardian+Thermite Mine sudo-pet/meme build now – just for kicks & giggles :smile:
Do fire Mines even have enough item support? I guess there is that Ember Effigy which looks pretty nice…

This was tested by @thejabrixone and yes, dreeg bros damage can be converted. Most likely because the transmuter changes the summoned pets into new units (to allow conversion of RR) instead of directly converting the damage types.

Huh.

Is this the only skill mod with conversion that behaves this way?

I did a very quick test with Path of the Three over Harbinger, btw; it feels like the dmg is at least equal; gameplay feels a lot more fluid, too, but survivability took a bit of a hit (might go back to Haunted Steel component in my weapon). The new ele>vit conversion reducing the competing PoT conversion to basically ~25% seems to indeed help a lot here.

I still need to test it a little more though.

@Evil_Baka So, vit Guardians look a lot better now :stuck_out_tongue:

& Occultist offers some massive flat dmg here; I’m just not sure how well that will actually scale with the 65%WD of Oblivion :confused:

Regarding your devotion path: I like the use of Spider & Throne! Those two are pretty great now. But yeah, getting some vit procs instead might be cool. I’m not that experienced with acid devos, but maybe Eye of the Guardian could be good?

Abomination looks pretty great, too; but its probably not worth giving up DG for it…

Great build.
Oblivion is definitely the pieces needed to fill the non-existent damaging spells in oathkeeper.

Made me want to mess around with vitality oppressor again… :+1:

The other skill that works like this is Storm Totem with the transmuter - it creates a new Vitality-based totem that can be converted to something else if you wish.

That is just so weird. But kind of cool, too.

:smiley:

I guess it has to be some kind of pet-like skill to work like this?

Love the build. 2 questions…:

1. Have you considered haunted steel for a 2nd poor man’s ghoul? (EDIT: just noticed you don’t have ghoul.)
  2. Why no symbol of solael?

And maybe it’s just me, but I think leaving siphon souls or presence of virtue at 12/12 for 13/12 harbinger of souls is worth.

1. x1’s original build actually used both ghoul & haunted steel; the reason I dropped them was that with the harbinger+Oblivion combo they weren’t really needed anymore (27%AdctH*0.65=17.5% effective constant life leech is pretty awesome). I am tinkering with a setup that drops Harbinger for Path of the Three atm, though, and Haunted Steel is definitely on the table again there.

2. Symbol of Solael is a very good point! I think I just kind of forgot about it :sweat_smile:
    I’ll see if I can make it work without gimping defense too much! But man, that’s a lot of active skills…

3. I left Harbinger at 12/12 here mainly for the breaking point on AdctH & CS – the %vit is the only thing that really does sth. at 13/12 for this build (flat vit isn’t all that significant with 65%WD). But %vit still is damage…
    Maybe I’ll just take a point out of Haven. Who needs %life when you can have damage instead, anyways – right? :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback!

I wouldn’t know because I haven’t piloted the build personally, so take what I’m saying with a heap of salt:

• I would assume that siphon souls is mostly used as a debuff more so than damage. And the AoE increase from 11/12 --> 12/12 is kinda lame.

• As for PoV, do you really need that additional OA or IT damage?

All being said and done, it seems like %vit +/- flat vit seems like a better choice. But honestly, it’s not going to make a difference, really. Just being pedantic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also… my suggestion for pants - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWOQkyV

It’s because choosing the Transmuter actually summons a different pet with the changed attributes/skills. :sunglasses:

Better than from 12/12 to 13/12… :smile:

PoV doesn’t really give much OA at overcap levels, too, I admit; I just don’t think there are many other options to increase dmg (aside from 13/12 Harbinger, which I totally dig btw.; I just took the point out of Haven to do it! Sorry if I was being ambiguous on that case above)

Wraithborn legwraps are a nice suggestion, too, btw. All I’m worried about with those is the lost physres…

Aren’t we all (at least if we’re also min/maxing builds to do >6min cruci runs)? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sheer spectulation on my end - but phys res should be fine because of 21/12 decay. That + MoT is really your main source of defence in butt-clenching situations.

EDIT: Haven seems good to me because of increase %healing effects. It benefits your Adcth

Still waiting on those Path of the Three test results :unamused:

Finished a 6:20 run with this just a second ago.

I’ll push it through 2-3 more runs to see what it can do with different mutator combos now :wink:

Wow, if you had vitality res mutator somewhere it’s pretty much the same as with HoS. Do tell how it felt in-game compared to HoS.

The extra CDR definitely made the gameplay feel more… fluid (and a little more fun because of it).

• Dmg-wise, its pretty strong and very close to the HoS setup; my best run was only 6:17 as of now, but that one also contained stupid moments like Moosi stuck at spawnpoint & the usual catch-me-if-you-can/terrify annoyance. So it might still be a 6min build, too.

• In terms of defense it actually felt a little bit worse despite the lower CD on Ascension etc+ extra points in Haven; 10% AdctH+CS for the build’s main sustain ability does make quite a difference apparently.

Since PoT’s conversion doesn’t hurt the build at all due to ele>vit conversion, I wonder now where the HoS setup takes all its dmg from…

Maybe Oblivion is stronger than it appeared at first sight?

@x1x1x1x2 What did I tell you, CDR is the single most powerful stat in the game :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@x1x1x1x2 don’t read that part tho

@Cinder I am surprised conversion didn’t hurt the build. On paper Oblivion’s thingy damage looks pretty huge, can you post a screenshot with its damage breakdown with all the buffs? So maybe if you find a way to get casting speed elsewhere (I know it’s almost impossible but still) PoT will definitely be much stronger. As of now, HoS gives you quite a lot.

I supposed casting speed affects everything you do in your piano build, so it might be one of the reasons.