[1.1.4.2] Pure Vitality Oblivion Spamlord/RE leechtank Oppressor. Crucible 5:54. SR+

Good point, that might be part of it, too!

Well, as you said, ele>vit conversion helps a lot here. Since the 50% fire dmg left over after this conversion process start at a virtual 100% again, vit & acid literally can’t compete here – even with max conversion rolls on the offhand (54%), PoT on 15/12 (46% conversion) just barely makes us reach full fire>X conversion. It fits quite perfectly, actually :slight_smile:

The only dmg lost here is the ~25% fire, I guess, which is only slightly more supported by the build than acid as a dmg type.

I’ll try to post a screenshot of the dmg breakdown later today/sometime tomorrow, for sure! Unfortunately, I’m currently testing HoS+Darkflame Chestguard for 95% fire>vit+some other stuff, so Oblivion dmg is reduced by that a little (not sure if the 15% fire>vit are worth the loss of 25% chaos>vit, really; but I’m kind of a completionist sometimes. Must… test… it all!!1 :crazy_face:)

1 Like

@Cinder @mad_lee

I dunno how a build can be more fluid if it’s squishier :roll_eyes: fun, yes but fluid and smooth? I’m surprised!

The conversion does hurt the build tho. That’s why you don’t get faster averages than with harbinger despite all the cdr advantages.

Based on what cinder found out, I’m with harbinger here :stuck_out_tongue:

I wasn’t really referring to things like ‘is consistent’ or ‘has chill playstyle’ when I said that the build is ‘fluid’, but more to the fluidity of the skill rotation, which somehow increased my enjoyment of whole the thing. I guess.

Dammit, metaphors suck :stuck_out_tongue:

How do you mean it hurts the build, exactly? Because I’m not quite sure it does…

But if it doesn’t, 12% CS + some flat vit have to somehow balance out 12%CDR which is kind of difficult to understand for me, too, so… :sweat_smile:

Maybe I’m just missing something.

Edit: @mad_lee:

Sheet dps is close to 75k with DG+Ascension up.

It’s not crazy high, but for a supplementary dmg source with a huge AoE I guess its kind of nice…

That’s not much. But I guess it adds to aoe and most importantly makes you leech like crazy.

Yeah; I think the ability to just facetank everything is also part of why HoS might be just a tiny bit better than PoT. RE can’t really shotgun if you have to kite on bosswaves…

Apologies for threadjacking - but has anyone tried acid oblivion with dreeg’s evil eye set + that offhand with 50% chaos/acid conversion?

Haven’t done up a GT but I would think it’d pack quite a punch.

I doubt it would. There are boomerangs from Seal of Shadows which already pack a punch and don’t occupy relic slot.

I do like biting blades. Piss poor pierce/acid conversion though. :confused:

Dunno the exact math since we never got confirmation from zantai, but since path and harbinger got rougly the same amount of %vit damage, and path is supposed to be better due to cdr, and they’re preforming around the same, then the conversion must be the reason why it just balances out.

The question is: do you really need those extra ~250 points of dmg? Even here, Oblivion is mainly just there for sustain, after all…

The relic might work on this specific blightlord setup, but its still quite niche I’m afraid :frowning:

Either that – or the other stats on HoS are somehow more relevant to the dmg of this build than they appear to be…

Could it be the loss of flat damage + casting speed? PoT3 makes it a predominant RE build, and I believe you’d lose some of the fire damage on RE to acid. IIRC, conversions work via weights.

EDIT: Unless I’m mistaken and the order of conversion comes into play

It’s just easier to check Ravenous Earth’s damage tooltip with PotT and HoS, guys.

1 Like

Asian spanks - trying to do the math

Russian lee - fuck it. check tooltip.

2 Likes

:smiley:

Guess what I was just doing:

Hos:

PoT:

Seems like there is some dmg loss, after all. Now I’m confused…

But my math said it would be ok! :sob:

At the risk of coming across as condescending…are both PoT3 + HoS at the same level?

So 10% damage loss for 12% CDR. I bet if you could cap casting speed without the help from an Exclusive Path of the Three would come out on top.

HoS: 13/12. PoT: 15/12. So the difference might be even steeper at an equal 12/12…

Show me your ways, Senpai :bowing_man:

On a more serious note: where would you take the CS from? Devotions? Eldritch Mirror components? :confused:

Do you use GDstash? https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BnO1k2

That’s the problem. Because Z. decided to leave Vitality gloves without casting speed there is no reasonable way to cap casting speed here. Plus additional ADCtH to Oblivion spam (and faster spam) would tip the scales towards HoS.

Although I totally get what you are saying when you call gameplay with additional CDR more fluid. Playing high CDR casters feels powerful and very satisfying.

Voidrend talons mate.