[1.1.4.2] (S&B) The Dawn Is Breaking - Retaliation Warder, SR90 [c] [sr+]

very nice build! didn’t mentioned you posted your video below, thanks

1 Like

Well with retaliation is not like you have many active skills. Outside of devils or totems you mostly afk while mobs kill themselfs on you. Recent retal -> skill is to deal with caster mobs mostly.

Build looks interesting, but after 3k hours I’ve never gotten mythical open hand of mercy yet…I mean, those things are harder to get than bis double rare greens.

edit: ha, my plan worked. Game knew I was talking shit, just gambled 17 accessories in steelcap and got both open and closed hands, plus reign of fire and ice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why you don’t use Osyr’s Fortitude in rings / amulet? It gives more Lightning retaliation and much more health and %shield damage blocked.

1 Like

hm, that’s a really good point, I somehow missed them.

1 Like

I really like this build, thanks for posting it, it’s my go to farmer now. And thanks to Garfunkel on the suggestion for Osyr’s Fortitude.

1 Like

I suggest this version of augments - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN466lRV

plus, you put 3 more points in Counter Strike than needed for overcap. 26 is max anyway :smiley:
And with so much Health it is worth investing more attribute points into Cunning for more OA. Like ~700 Cunning is ok imo.

2 Likes

My version of your build if you’re interested - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p7EoaN
I think it is more balanced. More res overcap too. Thanks for your build. Was able to facetank Ravager without any changes to gear (with my version though)

the reason why I removed Ghoul - my HP almost never goes below 45%. And I need more consistent %slow res. You had to put 8 points in Decorated Soldier and even then you have only 65% slow res without Primatic Diamond proc (which is rare procs anyway). I find that 3 nodes on Aeon is very valuable too. we lose 4% leech but we get faster attack so that compensates. Besides our direct damage is comparatively low anyway for ADCtH to mean much.
Those 7 points from Decorated Soldier we can put in other skills which is good too and in the end is better for survival.

Medal I think is better too than Markovian. Huge DA (mine got 114 DA), 3% max elemental res… +Field Command = more OA which we need very much. It got 120% retaliation via Unleash the Arcane proc which is not counted by GT for some reason.

P.S. take no notice for amulet component. I’m still farming mats for Seal of Ancestry :smiley: wil change soon. So even more HP

1 Like

i have seen this stream lately with some streamer. He had 2700 da/oa though before savagery proc

you can’t have 2700 oa before any buffs without sacrificing much of this build tankiness. You can opt for less tankiness ofr course. That is your choice. As for DA - I have 2940 before any temp buffs (with only perma buffs)

ill try to look it up

Did somebody manage to kill Callagadra and Crate with this build?
Perhaps Mogdrogent is either impossible or it will take enormous amount of time due to lightning.

Calla is probably possible with some tweaks but I’m too lazy now to try her.
Crate is just a piece of sh … genial gamedesign. I got annihilated for some times and broke up with that idea.

Any thought on those devotions setup for your build i found it on chineese SR builds so i dont dont know which one to pick up between yours and those two and why your is better
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLn0n6N
and
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dJxj0Z

I can’t say that my setup is the perfect one but it’s the cheapiest one and it has the biggest number of flat lightning retaliation. :slight_smile:

I know your setup is the cheapest not speaking about gear only devo since you have the most lighting retal dmg isn’t better to go for the most lighting RR like in the first link with arcane bomb and elemental storm ?

And whats the difference between flat lighting retal and lighting retal ?

No difference.

Actually, I don’t say my setup is the best retal warder ever. It has the devo path that just suited me and showed itself well.

Damn another devo tree xd i am lost :thinking:

The first one is rather unrealistic if you don’t use GDStash. I mean all those GG rolled greens… And Cally… That’s a “high end setup” - to say the least.

The second one is definitely a lot easier to assemble.

In fact, there are several ways to go about creating a working retal build. I’d recommend to stick to the basic gear and skill setup of this build - and then experiment with different devotion maps.

BTW - the original build presented in this thread is great and works just fine… :wink:

3 Likes