1.1.4.2 State of Venomblade

Actually, it’s not. Dmt made setups that afaik beat the SR record. I made the fastest crucible setups. Give us some cred. We agree on this so there must some truth to what we’re saying.

Check out my thread Dreeg's Acid Fisting - Venomblade Dervish - Caster/Melee Hybrid High Dmg Setups [1.1.1.1 - 1.1.4.2] Dmg is superb. Def stats are real good except phys res and stun res. It’s the most solid no-green VB I made with real good dmg despite all the nerfs. But I honestly couldn’t clear crucible without a Courageous Tincture. So, imo, dead build… Dervishes can’t handle the debuffs and one-shots anymore without serious phys res. No Censure/Seal + no Maiven + no Military Training/Field Command + no Mog’s Pact + no AofG/Possession = wrong season.

A good solution to many nightblade problems vs. current environment might be changing the phys res scaling on dual blades so that it scales 1% per point not to 5% but to 10-12%.

As for VB, the 6% phys res to Possession should be global.

As long as there are builds that do SR90 and have almost the same clearing power as the “doing just fine” build, “doing just fine” doesn’t mean much. If a build can’t do 170 without pharma anymore, it’s dead (especially when it used to be one of the best - imo THE best - builds in the category). These standards are based on what the game offers. Not on what someone says they should be.

1 Like
  • That someone is actually Zantai, it’s not popular belief or something. It’s deliberate on his part

SR:
A nimble DW char not going beyond SR 65 very well has been agreed upon as being ok. SR 65 is where Cruci is at difficulty wise.

Crucible:

I don’t want to debate without having good arguments so I have made my own GT version today which I will be testing in crucible. Last time I did Acid Drevish seriously was with a 2PC vileblade pure RF and did quite well.

So i’ll do full Vileblade now with Dervish and see how I do.

The mods on the set are heavy on the occult side. Dervish will have 26% CDR, up to lvl 18 Ascension every 18 secs and more dots + some AA support. How much that evens out or not is the debate here

Occult has % absorb, more phys res, more flat damage to sum it up.

I’ll do my best to try it today. But to be 100% transparent I won’t do the 3 buff 1 banner thing. That is completely arbitrary on the player’s part. It will be 4 buff + banner, no consumables as per usual. Alo will opt out of testing so that items/ affixes are as they should be currently.

The Dual blades suggestion would make some tanky DW chars a bit OP. And 2h already barely takes enough from Kraken sometimes.

Consecration is a bit of Filed command. You get some DA and armor on My GT can be 2600 or 2800 which is ok with ascension

2 Likes

You might shoot me for saying this fluff, but if you really want to keep things even, you gotta go 3 buffs instead of 4, since 3 + 1 is what most individuals go by

3 + 1 isn’t random beacuse it allows for the player to upkeep 100 tributes so long as they can clear cruci 3x within the buff period.

Can this be done with 4 buffs?

@Superfluff is the sky falling? when the hell did you start giving hearts? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Never have never will. Someone started this trend and some people go by it. It does not mean it’s the norm.

If I make a build and i tell Zantai, i can’t do 160-170 without ulzuin pact then that means nothing to him.

The only part of that where you might get his attention is energy consumption. Anything else is on the palyer.

Also Ya uses consumable to offset low DA so it’s pretty much there

1 Like

Fair point. But tbf, ya hates using consumables…just not as much as he loves his dervish :stuck_out_tongue:

Like Superfluff notes, that someone is a pretty important someone and you are flippantly ignoring that fact like it’s no big thing. You wonder why you’ll never gain any traction with that someone? Stuff like that is a big part of why. Something to think about.

To detail on this a bit more.

We are looking at builds from an end game performance/ bragging rights on a build that does well.

Zantai is looking at it more from a farming perspective. If you want to farm cheaper and safer. You can do 150. You can get plenty of items and you are free to be economical with your buffs if your build can take it.

But 160-170 is not just for farming but also more challenging, for the min maxers. We go there cause we want a step up. So doing runs here without all buffs put at our disposal is completely arbitrary but not what is really expected of you.

At most you can argue that if your build can do this area well enough, then tribute cost to enable 150+ should not be so steep, or tribute gain, should be a bit higher at 150+ You are there for the min max experience (at least that’s how I see it) If anyone agrees to this I’d gladly back it up

riiiight…just like how SR 75 isn’t meant to be farmed… <— not being sarcastic btw

I’d always be up for increased tribute gains from 150-170

Makes testing easier :stuck_out_tongue:

there was a debate during FG testing, that any hard cap on celestial stones, be it 70-75-80 (I wanted 80 available from the start), would lead min max players into thinking that the highest Shard is the one they need to achieve. If they don’t, the build is incomplete and hasn’t achieved true end game potential (For a player interested in SR).

And it’s true. This has happened.

Now, with new waystones unlocking 80-160. You can rest assured that more palyers doing SR seriosly will begin to do SR 80 predominantly and even SR 85 and 70-75 will become the old 65.

It’s the same thing

3 Likes

We might be getting off topic here mate, but one last comment on this issue:

I personally won’t be making that shift in mindset. There are SR builds, there are cruci builds. There are MC builds, and there are celestial-hunter builds.

All different, all viable.

Comparing them is basically “apples to oranges.” Which is why 99% of my builds aren’t tested in SR

1 Like

not entirely. It’s sort of the same mindset as in crucible. Was just trying to offer a larger perspective on the whole end game topic.

But to get back on our main track. a bump to tribute gain would be nice at 150+

3k+ raw da is pretty high…

You can’t get that armor on VB unless you go for 2pc Perdition (and do some other compromises) which makes VB slower than SR set dervish and still lacking in many other defenses SR set is swimming in.

Even if that someone is Lead Designer, it doesn’t change the fact that SR60-65 or crucible 7:30 is not “just fine.” And it’s not because I say so. It’s because most endgame builds do 75 no problem and/or clear 6:30 or better. My standards are based on what I see in the game.

Btw, I couldn’t care less about traction of what it takes to get it is blind approval. Or mindless ridiculing of all critique - as you tend to do.

I don’t agree. SR is way easier than crucible now. First, you don’t get debuffed by more than one boss/mob. Second, you can die. Currently, density of debuffs in crucible imo more than makes up for blessings and no SR scaling.

Last build I made, very offensive lightning pet Conjurer (omg how crap pets are now!) did SR75 with eyes closed, 100%, but did die in crucible quite often.

Than what is the norm? If you wanna discuss balance and performance there must be a norm. Most of the best builders here agree that 3+1 should be the norm.

I find that hilarious. I put great thought into my ridicule of mindless critique. As you tend to do.

It’s a shame that you’ve managed to garner yourself a small group of “fans” and yet you waste what little influence you actually could have to effect positive change in the game because… noone takes you seriously. Noone that actually matters being the key words here.

giphy

6 Likes

This thread is to argue that Venomblade is weak. So what’s your “great thought“ about that? The gif with cows licking a block of concrete?

Next time you think what others argue makes no sense, except your “great thought” maybe you could provide some gt links, maybe vids, anything concrete to prove them wrong?

What are you talking about? Are you high?

Here’s how weak it is:

Salt?

44Z41Y

damn, you guys love this game too much, don’t ya?

Just leave venomblade in the dust. DW season has pass, get over it and move on to caster.
Even dreeg set is better than venomblade now… :rofl:

I have played VB builds for the majority of time I play GD, especially on Witch Hunters (DW Witch Hunter is my favorite class hands down - love the Caster/Melee Hybrid playstyle). VB Set got waaaay better with the redesign some patches ago. I do agree that it is not quite there yet, though. With the rebalancing of SR I can farm SR 50 quite consistantly but I wouldn’t do that in Hardcore at all. When death occurs it happens rather quickly.

I can’t pinpoint the issue but going more defensive with devotions for example to counteract the problem results in rather bad damage, the trade off is too high in my opinion.

what’s most?

three people posting builds.

3buffs 1 banner is absolutely arbitrary

I find Crucible easy in general unless you play no buffs, again arbitrary. Just a difference of opinions here

No you don’t need to do that. I don’t mean to question your theory crafting but never in a million years have i even thought of that. 2680 armor is relatively easy to get without gimping your char

1 Like

While I have nothing to contribute to the topic of Venomblade, now that the new Waystones are coming, I wouldn’t be against shifting the Ideal range of builds for SR from SR60 to SR75 in terms of balance.

Kind of like how Crucible 170 is the norm now.