[1.1.4.2] The Fastest 2H for SR 75-76 Ultos Lightning Primal Strike Vindicator (vid)(g4)(s++)

Ofc that setup got 15-20% less dmg. You didn’t have to make tables to prove it (some mistakes there, too). But 2.6da… it’s way beyond the sphere of calculated risk and getting dangerously close to the domain of compulsive gambling…

Which is ok! Things we all do for more dmg! But SR is not quite the medium for that kinda message… at least imo. 2.6k da is like the most hardcore crucible speedrunner spec from the glass cannon days…

I played this build since 1.1.4.1, a lot of runs. I have to say dying rate is not too low though. But that dose not mean I can’t even finish the run. NONE of my previous hundred runs failed. it is SR 75+ even almost immortal retal builds dies a lot. The difference of this build is NEVER FAIL.

It appears that you and me have different views on what is failure and what is not and I can respect that. Glad your build works out for you, Idk exactly how much your average clear time will be negatively affected by dying and thus make it slower than builds that never die on 75-76, but I also don’t care that much. I just think that your title is a little ridiculous when you don’t take all the runs with deaths into account. New players could get jebaited and frustrated.

My average time gose 7m to 10m depends on the combination of bosses. Never fail means there is no chance that time left in SR gose to 0.
I tried with some immortal retal builds that never die or let’s say don’t die much. but turns out the average clear time is more than 13 minutes. Had a big chance to have the time left in SR gose to 0. The worst case is meeting Kuba, the only option I get is rage quit, since this guy never die either if you use retal build in SR75+.

1 Like

Everyone plays the way they wanna. If dying a lot is okay as long as you never fail to clear it in the end - beautiful, spread your wings and touch the sky. Spec for it on every toon.

My only little argument is that there maybe should’ve been a splash more tentative language in that statement that 2.5k da is okay till SR80… Or maybe a short introduction to this building philosophy. Because afaik most people build with never ever dying in mind and don’t get this different approach.

After SR80, even tiny foes has near 10% chance to critical hit with 2500 DA you got. before SR 80, there is no chance to die when farming elite foes before boss stage. So it’s ok when you meet certain boss you have been one shot or die in SR75+ runs. but it’s not ok if you died because of tiny elite foes.

Alright fair enough.

I thought at least the timer goes to 0 when you die. Damn SC SR really is a little washed up :sweat_smile:

that is crucible rule, if you die you failed the whole run and also lose all of the colorful shinning buffs. That’s why people love to stack DA to protect themselves in crucible.
In SR 75+, dying means nothing.

1 Like

That’s when you check the tooltip for the last hit taken, standing by the rift in safety, after you already died, with your buffs back on and all stats zeroed out. It doesn’t include enemy buffs, debuffs and mutators.

In fact raw 2.6k da is fine. This is how much you have with 3.1-3.2k base da upon meeting Fabius and his Blade Spirits. But with 2.6 base da you can easily get below 2k in SR - and that’s not counting enemy oa buffs.

GD is a game of incredibly strong buffs and debuffs.

Not easily get below 2K, even if it is the case kiting is another option for this build as long as you had enough overall damage. I don’t wanna argue with this DA thing anymore. Feel free to test in real game to see if there is a chance for this build had the timer goes to 0.

Indeed, the build is good enough for that and pretty fast, too.

At the same time this reminds me of why I swapped over to HC instead :laughing:

In all fairness, there is really no point or incentive going beyond 76, except for maybe bragging rights so maybe the OP is where he wants his build to be.

It’s a little scary though having 2.5K DA, it might get a little inconsistent, one big hit and you’re dead ( and by inconsistent I meant dying a lot ) or rolling that dreaded boss room gang bang with a really really bad boss combination.

that green birb is still staring at the screen, maybe he is ok with it.

1 Like

Plot Twist, green birb is just a cutout.

1 Like

Since someone mentioned Ram’zul, well why don’t people mention that guy more often? Jesus fuck he’s much worse than my boi Alek. Double shotgun, really?

Getting someone’d again :sob:

Thx, I updated the thread with FAQ part.

No problem, dying might be off putting to some, its important to let the players know what to expect if they use this build.

What build doesnt die in SR? Game spawns anasteria and Aleks then an aether snek on you as a big “fuck you” on survibility.

Or classibr Kuba Grava chase you around the map.

I should correct my statement, I meant dying “a lot” might be off putting to some…

Dying is expected in SR, what we can do is minimize how many times.

I watched the video, and it seems to me that the only reason why this build works is because of aether clusters.

Not that there’s anything wrong with using them, but most crafters I know of tend to steer clear from consumables.

I know you mainly focusing on Crucible build, which may had much more fun with Colorful Buffs surrounded you which are Crucible exclusive. But things get quite different in SR 75+ runs especially after patch 1.1.4.0. You always get bad debuff from bad mutators and all monsters in SR 75+ is way more powerful than Crucible ones. Even elite foes has ability to reduce 25 of all your res, With such low capped resistance and CC res in SR75+ is pretty much suicide.

^And for the record, I play mostly naked crucible, and I find 2.9k DA low. But each to their own - I think your ultos build does a great job at what it was designed to do.

1 Like