[1.1.4.2] The Speed of light! 6 Mortar Traps Sorceress *5:25 on average

That setup is really designed to abuse storm beacons, don’t even softcap agonizing flames, damn Nery!

I suggest to put a campaign setup with softcap agonizing flames taken from vindictive flames point… :stuck_out_tongue:

Good job here, I surprise to see reckless tempest, but 100% uptime looks delicious indeed.

EDIT: BTW, that bat bound to small BWC radius enough for you? I suggest to bind bat to thermite mines instead. Sounds dangerous if you need to kite or side stepping a bit.

1 Like

It’s a high CDR Sorc with Mirror and Blast Shield that evaporates Crucible in 5 minutes. I don’t think he is ever really in danger.

Damn, forgot that he has perma Phoenix and Ghoul. Should be practically immortal.

1 Like

Obviously I am using beacons but for campaign, vindictive flame at 16, agonizing flames and less points in spirit is the smart thing to do!

I disapprove. smh

How dare you.

Jokes aside…we 22/16 vindictive flames? I feel like you should hardcap BWC for bigger AoE, and DA shred.

bat will proc a lot more reliably

damn what a sick build. I even have all those items :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Filthy casters everywhere!

Beautiful work and a crazy run :smiley: I wonder if i should try those lightning pillars on my build, that’s an interesting idea :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks!

Definitely, especially on the Druid!

Maybe you are right. Health regen is nice passive defense and extra speed boost casting spell.

Why you don’t like the pic?

It’s sick indeed! Yeah, sometimes little tweaking on some standard items can lead to that. But lightning builds are very good currently, so does mortar traps.

I was just taking a page out of medea’s book :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t imitate Medea, Spanksalot, that’s enough!

1 Like

Some questions:

1. Wouldn’t it be like heavens better on a purifier with all this Box support?

2. Doesn’t Calamitous medal steal away 33% of your phys, making it fire?

3. What’s the Eternity for?

Purifier have been done by x1, so wanted to do fresh char. But both Sorc and Puri are great. Doubt it can be “much” better.

Guys offered me non mythical Calamitous to avoid conversion.

Eternity is nice relic. And my build don’t rely on WD, so I prefer it over Iskandra.

I think for this archetype Sorc is better. It has much more offensive power in form of OA, cdr and permanent crit damage. And it packs much more %damage itself due to exclusive skill, IEE and huge Spirit dump.

Censure’s passive RR does not scale that well on this archetype, imo.

With the main dmg source being Mortars, I don’t think cdr is as crucial as in the case of things like Canister or BwC. It helps with Tempest… and that’s it. It’s all for defense beyond that.

I said purifier not just because Censure. Gear here supports Box pretty well. With the mods, Censure and Ignaffar rellc it’s whopping 50 rr over the arcanist. And with the Box da shred and Deadly Aim spikes, oa might actually be higher: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNY5Ym4N (res can be fixed I’m sure and shoulders are just random lol). The downside i see is -250% from spirit dump (and -100-150% more global) and the crit dmg (partially made up for with Deadly Aim spikes). Not worth almost fully fledged Box and like 80% pure lightning Mortars?

The overbuffs to arcanist made it a very competitive support mastery for elemental despite the lack of rr but here inquisitor is not just support. It’s got the Box :crate:

1 Like

Oh shit I just realized that’s why box is the last standing inq offensive skill :crate:

i agree with ya, Mortar has no real innate crit damage, so OA is going to be less valuable here

That being said, I like the sorc better because it is vastly more creative.

How so?..

Well…usually when I think of mortar traps, I immediately associate it with purifiers or with shieldbreakers.

Here, a big source of nery’s damage/defence comes from procs like phoenix/tempest with 100% uptime, and that’s only achievable with the sorc.

So everything from his devotion pathing, and his mastery choice (which pairs nicely together) is just a very different take on mortar trapping imo.

Oh yeah the 100% Tempest is nice.

@ya1 also, CDR affects vindictive flame. so 22/16 vindictive flame has a ~0.7s cd on his build. which makes the the co-use of tempest even more amusing imo.

VF is mostly fire. And it’s not Agrivix which doubles hardcapped VF with its mods. It’s primarily for the regen here, I think. Anyway, imo as long as you can keep 100% uptime of all your pets more cdr isn’t much needed except for defense.

I’m kinda curious, now, I’m gonna assemble that purifier maybe. I’m kinda sure it’s gonna be stronger.

1 Like