[1.1.4.2] Ulzuin's Barrelsmith - Skyfire grenadier reborn (6min buffed/bannered clear; 9min naked)

^Is this your BWC pyro?

Good call. Methinks it may not work as well on boss waves, but it would be a nice QoL benefit.

Nah, itā€™s shieldbreaker. My old bwc spam was purifier in AoM with horrid lag.

But I want to post it in honor of Jovā€™s original bwc build

Has anyone tried sentinel with fire DEE offhand + crimson lotus?

No but i intend to. I do carry that off hand on bwc too :smiley:

Make a video! I really want to try fire DEE + fire DB.

Might be difficult to gear for but iā€™ll try. Maybe kalastor instead of DB
:slight_smile:

1 point in Vigor and Bat versus Giant is ~700 hp loss, not critical, imo. Without life resist reduction hp is not that much of a factor, imo.

I was like wtf, canā€™t be sorc, can it

But then I was like of course, lol. Can probably make use of Bat bound to BWC with double Lightā€™s Oath assuming you are supporting BWC with Judgement.

What Fluff said. Itā€™s good but versus bosses you want it on Storm Box. Another good proccer for Bat on Lightning builds is Storm Totem, works very well.

@mad_lee - did 3 runs with this set up: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V03yaJ2

Itā€™s a lot more stable. Ghoul + Bat is huge. Especially when combined with blazing eruption.

OP updated. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 Like

That one could be interesting. I did look into a Festerblaze Deceiver (DEE/RoK/Biting Blades) which is fairly squishy, though.

I am glad it helped you to perfect an already beastly spec!

I think it might be able to take on naked crucible now too. Incredible face tanking ability with ghoul & blastshield.

Iā€™ll do a couple of runs tomorrow. Might try arcane harmony +/- grey magiā€™s as well.

Iā€™m afraid what is going to be nerfed. I hope nothing to Bat plus storm box or storm totem.

Why will storm box or totem get nerfed with this build?

Because of how it works with bat to sustain casters.

EDIT: Stormfire was nerfed I think primarily for this reason.

Itā€™s not like casters have a lot of means of sustain unless they are vitality casters. Regen is still a bit gimmicky, I mean it can be strong but only on like a couple of caster builds (Pyran namely). Nerfing Bat seems like too much.

Not being rude, just shooting straight with you:

^Iā€™m struggling to understand the relevance of this statement, because itā€™s not like bat canā€™t sustain non casting builds?

I think stormfire was nerfed because of how it worked in the crucible to aggro stragglers more so than the sustain, but I could be wrong.

Letā€™s look at the timeline of nerfs to castersā€¦

1. CDR nerf = bye bye breakers (when was the last time we saw a top tier breaker build?)
  2. Starpact changes = bye bye binders (when was the last time we saw a top tier binder?)

In all fairness, the crafting community didnā€™t begin by trying to find sources of sustain for casters, we were trying to build them as casters.

But these changes hit hard, and honestly, I would rather be able to chain MoT + Mirror than have to use something as uncontrollable as ghoul.

My $0.02 worth.

Well I donā€™t think you are being rude. I am not even trying to be reasonable or rational. Itā€™s just that I have seen a lot of unreasonable nerfs so it doesnā€™t matter if the nerf to bat doesnā€™t make sense.

HP, OA, cast speed, both fire and lightning boost

I donā€™t use clusters on SR <80. Courageous tincture is used only vs. 2 and more enemies at one time
Actually I made SR 88 pretty easily with my grenadier, then game crashed :rage:

Far enough. A quick question thoughā€¦to what extent must a build be overperforming to warrant a nerf?

5:50 cruci just seems like a top tier (crucible) build to me, and not an OP one.

(An example of an OP build which comes to mind - my old school WB EoR build).

If a build is hitting 4:40 clear times in a reasonable AND consistent manner, maybe it does deserve to get nerfed.

Conversely, and somewhat tangentially, crate has been great at buffing things tooā€¦

^Meant no offence by what I said. <3

I just donā€™t like consumables personally.

Regarding the wyrmscale glovesā€¦itā€™s not like ignaffar gloves doesnā€™t have casting speed and fire damage. You lose out in OA, lightning damage, and a proc sureā€¦but Iā€™m convinced the skill modifiers and huge skill points more than make up for it.

Especially if you can find other ways to get OA.