[1.1.5.1-1.1.6.2] MORGO (sr+) (Crucible Champ)

Yeah, there’s a whole quest with multiple new locations preceding the final location to they made it short. Good thing, though, is that you got a chance for other sweet rare gear like other Magi rings or the set, and SoT got nothing except Alkamos rings (you can say “Soulrend” but if you’re saying it without frustration mixed with hatred in your voice it means you never really farmed Alkamos rings… I got dozens of them during my legit days.)

When I say soulrend it’s often while gripping one, shaking it at the sky screaming at the universe because it rolled 13% cdr

I haven’t gotten around to running TotH with a timer handy for comparisons, should probably do that vs the old times I had for focused and general SoT. Bumrushing just the magi would hardly be efficient but such a run vaguely feels 2-3min shorter than an alkamos only run.

It’s not too bad if using a spec with 3 blink/teleport skills. Warlord, dervish and blademaster work really great here.

SoT door to alkamos kill is 1min by vanquisher skater. I doubt people will be bumrushing that hard but for those with more keys than they can use it is an option.

The overall drop rate of a magi ring is more favorable, just not guaranteed to get what you want :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll record some runs for comparison tonight. Bumrushes as well as more traditional farming.

edit:

alkamos bumrush with bad blockages: 3:43
magi bumrush 2:18, post magi to morg kill 1:20
(each includes time to kill target with the vanquisher)

so at a glance they’re not actually too different in length, but you’ve got loads more loot in TotH and exclusively target farming Magi you have a run that is 50% faster

build something based on skill of eternal night (nightbringer) :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, ya, neat build!

What do you think about this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnbLkdN

More racial damage, more flat, more hp, but we lose points in Storm Box.

One Arcanum Dust is needed for the res. So when you take away that third Ateph’s Glare most things zero out. You get 450 health and 8% racial for bunch of oa (about 60 if you include da shred from Box) and Box dmg. So might be worth it.

You’re probably right about dropping AQC. I got no pierce to cold. Naked attack might give more dmg when it hits with both hands.

I probably should’ve done this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p2571PoZ. Take 2 Atephs to fix the health and softcap Elemental Awakening for ele res and more dmg.

So zantai finally figured out how to make a good SS set with so many failures like old deathmark, dunefiend, deathguard etc. Hope he won’t tone morgo down thus time. Still wanna play caster morgo but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

you can also drop one Leather for Spellscorched Plating for more valuable res and take another Ateph’s Glare and make that Cunning dump with 12-12 Anatomy.

I don’t think it needs toning. It’s a good functional glass cannon set. The results here are minmaxed to death: fantasy greens, top rolls, many attempts and top mutators.

Before anyone jumps to conclusion let’s see how much phys the set has. Zero. Da on the whole set is less than you’d bother noticing. All pieces except shoulders only got one res (and low numbers).

Morgo got handy conversions, cool proc (good synergy with the green nightblade belt), well designed skill bonuses (it’s very hard to get everything but not impossible) and mods (I’d see a bit more vit rr to VoS though). But it’s nowhere near out of tune. At least not in the world where SR set, Justice set, LD set have never been properly nerfed.

Thx for your suggestions. I included some in the balanced setup. But I am not gonna put points in Anatomy. It goes against everything I stand for. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Two rings of Anubar… not within my lifespan :smiley:

You always got an alternative: two Alkamos!

Which is not within 2 life spans ^^.

I think you can actually use Elemental Harmony or even Reign of Ice and Fire. Power of the build comes from the op set, not the rings (and of course green dagger)

Why does the build include the low level version of the Assassin’s prefix? The 90 level version has slightly more damage and 3% DA.

Good catch. I tested it with that low level affix all that time. Gt fixed. Thanks.

Love this build.
Though whenever I encounter GravaThul, he kills me.
I really try, but was never able to kill him - many other builds can handle Grava, this one not.
Though I see no explanation for that. What´s your experience?

No particular problems with Grava or anything else in particular. Just the expected problems of not enough health.

Its reverse psychology man. You intentionally make a low hp tune, your mind knows it and in return you’ll be sharper, react faster :kappa #samurai #yingyang

2 Likes

Yeah, if you can… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But it’s true that playing glassier builds push your skill level. I often make build that I can’t pilot initially and then grasp it and achieve decent clear rate.

Still low health means you’re prone to die against any hard hit. Grava Thul fire breath is doing big damage for example.

1 Like