[1.1.5.1-1.1.6.2] MORGO (sr+) (Crucible Champ)

Not sure I understand. Deathguard got easy 100% vit to acid but only 30% cold to acid. All the other few items converting either cold or elemental to acid are blocked.

Cold got 100% cold ofc and 60% vit to cold. EDIT: Ah, you said with no MIs, ok…

I’d say OK’s support for acid nukes is better than inquis’ for cold. You got both an exclusive with %dmg and flat AND cdr as well as passive rr. Problem is that both Dunefiend and Deathguard are - let’s admit it - shite for SS. The latter has no meaningful cdr and the former actually adds cooldown. And both use weapon slots which are the most important slots to have free for SS builds.

Which is ANOTHER REASON why Noctirn will be crap. :imp:

25% cold conversion on DG helm, easy to miss when you’re busy focusing on better sets I’m sure. Looking to the MI belt vs DG, the latter is craftable/transmutable so higher than average rolls are not an unreasonable expectation. The main limiting factor on acid’s nightfall is then how it hits 22/12.

But let’s focus on another discrepancy between the two, crit damage and compromises.

Cold gets ultos, inquis brings deadly aim while arcanist supplies elemental balance. Dying god is rather trivial to include and is desirable stats all the way through. Blind sage variants also get crit damage just fine.

Acid on the other hand has to pick between mandate for crit or path for functionality. If it leans on hourglass to boost ascension it denies itself an acid focused T3. Going for pure damage devotions was highlighted as flimsy last time I saw the deathguard debate come up. Even still the only easy access crit damage is the nerfed 5% on torch.

For the sake of looking at nightfall on its own the crit damage difference puts the cold nightfall AoE well ahead as you get two rolls for a crit on each cast.

Hawk, torch, one tainted heart -18%
Hawk, one tainted, avg DG, ultos, avg deadly aim -~51%

All the %crit to SS is cute for single target but it doesn’t help nightfall one bit.

Ehm. Devotion crit dmg does indeed apply to nightfall, as to every dmg you deal … right?

Of course. Skill modifiers granting % crit to SS do not which makes them pretty lackluster for anything outside single target as opposed to global % crit which is well, global.
47%20PM

1 Like

alright, thought I got you wrong.

Nice build, sadly its only a glassy god 4 MIs in crucible with -25% CDR and -RR debuff from blessings and storm totem (0.5s cd SS), in MC you cant spam SS with 1.4s cd. So Mr.Z, pls dont nerf this build, I think its balanced.

I’ve made a build and provided feedback on it yesterday.

awaiting to see changes :face_with_monocle:

The spec that doesn’t heavily rely on greens is still in the traditional nerf territory. New items often come into scrutiny the patch after they were first introduced. I wouldn’t be surprised to see adjustments to Morg to shift it more towards whatever the developer’s intent is.

I posted gt of a more “realistic” version with zero rare affixes that does SR75 with ease so it’s not about MI or glassiness. It is pretty top tier and tanky enough for everything save Celestials even without crazy rares. However, Morgo set and double Magi rings in a legit game - forget about it.

And. yes, health is low. But it’s a bane of many infiltrator builds.

Not sure what that means. Build has 3.5s - (0.6s [gear] + 1.8s [NJE]) = 1.1s cooldown on SS with zero global cdr, and it’s a constant. Nothing in Crucible gives extra cdr.

Build isn’t balanced but neither are the drop rates of those items. As far as I noticed, Zantai is a firm believer in big rewards for big efforts. From that perspective, I think it is okay for a build made of multiple near-impossible to get items to be op. Motivates people to farm that, and - should they succeed - enjoy the oupiedness.

1 Like

donesn’t a mutator do that? at the cost of armor. Namely Exposed mutator

Exposed, was 8% last I checked?

Yeah, you got me, Exposed can bring it down to 1s. I meant “nothing” as is “nothing except Exposed” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Your build btw makes me curious to update my old lego spellbreaker that didn’t have morg back then. Maybe it can do a nice 4:40 or something

With a more aggressive bent than what I was last playing I think you’ll break 4:30 at least. Even lower if you cheat with storm banners.

Iirc Nery did 4:20-ish. It’s pretty much a copy-paste of Morgo set on your old breaker. Also Leviathan, also one Lox one Spectral sword. Oh, and double Anubar rings or Anubar and Eternal Haunt. Plasmodermic also did some crazy times with Alkamos rings (on infiltrator) but Anubar turns out to be best.

I did 4:38 with it, will post today along with Deathguard deadly version!

If. IF, I use storm instead of vanguard it will only be 1x T3. But i’d ave to tweak my OA to be a bit higher

you mean a build thread ?

Well that’s encouraging to hear for clear times. i assume you used 3x bracons. Still good times if so. I’ll try this evening and see. Maybe change devotions on it

Wait for the patch to be just a bit more deadly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to this!!

1 Like

Hmm my bad been a while since last run in crucible.:stuck_out_tongue: