[1.1.5.1] YUHU the acid retal warlord - (HC, SR 80 with full aggro, ~7:45 Naked Cr with extra spawns, 3 min Ravager of the mind kill)

i’d even go for 2h retal swinging, even though we only have 1x wps.

Might try a noxious scion RF build. I love necrotic edge animation

Why not try stoneguard with bramblevine + okaloth’s helm?

just use RF transmutor

I had this idea couple of weeks ago but bramble retal is…

I mean you get the RF mod and mess out on 2.5K flat retal.

I’ve tried Okal with Stonguard set and really i didn’t feel anything. Rf dmg was kinda same and everything else suffered cause calla is globally better and has phys retal

6% to RTA is pretty big imo, it’s like what…30% dps increase?

EDIT: You can also run 3 piece sentinel! I was considering making a DW rta RF spec with stoneguard and sentinel

still 2400 flat retal on shield and possibly a WPS mod.

I mean I would only try it for an acid build. IDK let’s try everything :crazy_face:

1 Like

Brambelvine adds CD to DEE so you can’t go untransmuted. But shield looks decent for RF/DEE Sentinel.

No point in taking the transmutor though, since total damage modifiers don’t benefit retal.

So you’re basically adding 5s to DEEs CD for some very inconsistent AoE damage which averages to about 10% rta a second.

That’s really underwhelming when you see that RF can apply 30+% rta per hit with the right mods

So retal DEE with bramblevine is a bust either way you look at it

Are you ready to rumble? Triggered some lost memories for me:

1 Like

S.E. Hinton - a great author.

RIP ponyboy

just noticed either your character has one of the wrong rings equiped when you loaded from grimtools, or you picked the lower level on when putting on grimtools. I noticed one of the ring procs is lower than the other :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is there a way to counter mutation combos (e.g. high recovery + slow attack speed) that just doesn’t die to a retal build but easily decimates all other builds? Is resetting the run the only way?

I was basing this on a situation I’ve experienced in a multiplayer Crucible party where a lightning retal warder was the only one left in the group. While he himself doesn’t die and can comfortably tank the mob, they just kept recovering to 100% as soon as they drop around 50% health. Was it because he didn’t have enough retal damage?

This.

With YUHU, all sources of damage can trigger counter strike. Meaning, I can stand in Kuba’s blood pool and trigger CS 5 times a second

1 Like

This build is pure genious - what is the outlook for getting it nerfed in next patch?

Kinda OT-ish but i never found a clear answer to it…

You mention that aeon works with ghoul hunger and on your guide on devotion you also mention it works on messenger of war, but… I thought it only applied to your active skills? (i.e. it doesnt reduce the cd on all devotion since they are not active skills?)
Asking cause i’m also thinking of trying something with aeon+messenger of war+alladrah+ghoul and if aeon cut the cd on all those it would be awesome.
While we are at it… I always forget this: does aeon reduce the skill itself on which is bound? In your setup is judgement cd reduced if aeon procs?

Edit: i’ve also read somewhere that it should also work on stuff like blast shield (not a devotion, not an active skill)… Is there an aeon guide for dummies or something around?

In an older thread, there was this table:

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/uploads/default/original/2X/0/063b2966004b82a6149eb00a2340799e88512dcd.png

Aeon’s Hourglass is the column to the right ("-X seconds to all currently active skill cooldowns").

From my understanding, this would neither affect something like Ghoul (IMHO “passive devotion”) nor Blast Shield (IMHO “Mastery passive skill”).

Yes, if you bind it to an active skill.

1 Like

Yeah i saw that table, but is still relevant? Asking cause from this quote looks like aeon DOES reduce ghoul cd

Been playing this build.
Its really fun and strong.
Got a question - Your Helm is, besides the CS modifier, so un-ideal. Do the 0,2s recharge really make such a difference for favoring it above Dawnshard or Calla? I mean after all, its got a 35% proc chance. I imagine this proc chance to be the bottle neck of CS, not the cooldown. Am I wrong?

Does this build still work? I know that a few things have changed but is it enough to not make the build viable anymore?

I ask as I keep dying really easily and don`t know if its the build or I am just bad
edit: you seem to be a lot tankier in your videos too

The build is very tanky against everything in MC, while being extremely strong.
Reached SR75 with it. Only obstacle in MC was Morgoneth. Bastard killed me. That´s why I switched from Path of the Three to Menhirs Wall. That´s when you become immortal like “1st half of Ravager cant scratch you”.

It would depend on what you’re using the build for. If you’re doing SR or Cr where you’re constantly taking damage, then no.

The limiting factor would be the CD.

If you’re planning on killing gods (e.g. calla), then yes - the helm is a bust.

At the risk of sounding like an ass hole - I doubt it’s the build; it’s most likely player error.

My guess is that you’re playing without grim internals and thus mistiming aeon resets.

1 Like