[1.1.5.2] Purple Rain - Iskandra Fire TSS Sorc - 5:15 Crucible [cr+][vid]

Perhaps it could be encouraged to add other ppls builds in the compendium?

Thanks,

I havent played much the last few months but check back periodically to see if there’s any new builds. I’ll definitely give something like this a try, as I’ve always wanted to play this type of build (i.e TSS that isnt a trozan druid…). It’s nice to see that sorcerers can do something like this now, in the past the class only seemed to have builds that spam demo skills.

How would this rate vs the warlock TSS builds now that trozan has the nice support for sigil?

The build should definitely still be very powerful even though it did get targeted by a couple of nerfs. I think this is the most well balanced TSS build for sub 5 crucible runs but @Dmt’s Trozan build is likely better for SR.

1 Like

It’s say this one would be better than Druid overall and definitely better than Warlock.

@Rhaegar83

Tried beefed up spec with Giant and it’s super easy and smooth sailing in Shards 75-76. Had couple of totally avoidable deaths during two runs:

In case you are still deciding which TSS build to play.

2 Likes

Thanks man, I’ll check them out

I’ll probably just respec my mage hunter for now and try out the set, piece together a build thats close enough to this.

There is an iskandra mage hunter build around but im pretty sure its not as good as the sorcerer.

As more of a casual player, I finally settled on this build for my freshly leveled Sorc. Was hoping I’d have the Pyran pieces by now but glad I didn’t because this is a joy to play. Still tinkering with devotions to fit my level of play. I expected my Sorc to fall over from a stiff breeze with the glassy damage it outputs, but it sustains surprisingly well. Very clean, powerful build that rivals plasmodermic’s N&O spellbreaker for enjoyment.

Try my setup from above. It’s very newbie friendly. Damage loss is almost unnoticible if you don’t speed run Crucible.

Definitely will. Didn’t even think of Giant, but it looks like it fits what I’m looking for. Was trying to do Solemn, Phoenix and Seeker since I hadn’t used Seeker’s in a build before, just feels like I’m losing to much. Your builds put me onto how good Solemn Watcher feels on casters.

Thanks for still giving the build some love. Struggling to get the motivation to play so maybe I should just leave you in charge of all my builds :stuck_out_tongue:

I was actually thinking the same about you, leaving you in charge of my builds, lmao.

Probably a bit of a noob question but I’m having some trouble in SR with this build and in general really. Most likely a piloting issue, as I don’t know a lot about SR as I haven’t played a lot since it came out.

I have this build nearly complete (just missing gloves and the diamond for helmet), but I still feel like I get stomped way too easily in SR 60+, especially on the bosses.

How do I survive the heavy hitting melee bosses? Iron maiden especially (and fabius, etc). I find she runs at me so fast, and often stun locks me so bad I can’t even get away, and she frequently burns me down in a couple hits. The only way to kill her is to kite like crazy and get some burst in when mirror is up. Even then I feel like my damage is way too low to deal with her efficiently (which makes no sense, DPS wise I have everything and this build is a good damage build)

Are there buffs I should be using like in crucible? I know SR has some throughout but I can never tell which I should be taking (is there one that buffs CC resisitance?). Is there a consumable I should pop when I face these bosses? Is there a way to keep iron maiden from healing? (I’ve tried nullification and shielding myself when shes hitting me but it doesnt seem to matter). thanks

Let me pitch in. It’s a sorc so it’s not really a beginner archetype of a build. You have two pillars of defense: Blast Shield (make sure it’s 14/12 or better for SR) and Mirror (7/12 or better but not really over 12/12). And you gotta calm your shit and watch your buffs icons. First you make sure your Blast Shield in not on cooldown. Then tank and wait for it to proc. Then you watch it to know exactly when it’s gonna be down. Once it’s down, re-evaluate the threat and make a decision how long you an take it before you pop the Mirror. The longer the better. Once Mirror is down, if your Blast Shield is still on cooldown for a while and if the threat is still there, kite. Then rinse and repeat.

I also like to just get in there and pop the Mirror hoping that in 3 seconds most of them will die and reduce the threat. If not, there’s still Blast Shield. But then if they don’t die, you’re fucked with both BS and Mirror on cooldown.

Maiden is a bitch for fire and get used to it. There’s a way to kiting her so that her Blitz don’t hit (keep the right distance and move, make her do melee and not Blitz or Forcewave both of which stun, if she Blitzes change direction so that she misses).

Fabius got ridiculous da shred, especially with his Blade Spirits on, so he can easily one-shoot you with his Blades of Wrath. No real strategy. If you kite and he comes out of his invisibility get ready for Blades of Wrath. And don’t hit him when he’s in his Blade Barrier.

Maiden, no. Just regular health elixirs from Royal Jelly like for everything.

For Fabius, Vilescar Oitment for bleed res. Anything to boost your da (but it’s a fool’s errand, he shreds so much da that there will always be situations where you die to rng-crits).

No, it’s a dps check. You just gotta deal enough dmg or she’s immortal.

1 Like

Just try the spec with my modifications:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYo1k4V

Facetank Iron Maiden on Shard 85 with it.

Here is my recent attempt at naked Crucible run with it:

I have been using your spec. The only major thing I’m missing is the helmet diamond and different gloves. (don’t have the recipes). My da, devotions and resists are all the same otherwise.

Maybe not having the diamond makes a big difference, probably piloting too getting used to the blast and mirror cooldowns.

hmm, if you are at at level 100 with all the same skills and devotions just gloves and diamond shouldn’t make that much of a difference. Might be your piloting but I found that build pretty easy to pilot and I am usually a lazy pilot who relies more on the build than on his skills. Mind sharing your current gt?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQa1XnN

(the gloves… yeah I know, its all i had that sort of fit)

I can facetank most things but the heavy melee stuff on SR 55+ starts wrecking me

Definitely put two more points in Maiven and overcap BWC. Both are helping you survive. I would also just bind Giant to permanent Aura so it procs asap. But other than that your build seems to be identical to my spec. Crafted stuff for stun resist? I found that for this build and Shards over 50 is really helpful.

But it’s mostly your piloting skill. You gotta shuffle your fail-safes - it’s the key to victory. Watch your cooldowns.

(also you might not have all the devotions leveled at all I guess, but you probably have)

1 Like

I’ll add more points to maiven and BWC. Forgot about BWC and the OA shred. Looks like I pull those out of elemental balance to match your build. I’m missing the +3 from the gloves too so thats part of the reason

Managed to get 12% stun res on the pants the other day, hoping to get a good roll on the gloves too as soon as I can find someone to craft them for me. Is 40-50% total a comfortable range or should I be trying to get more somehow? I think Im at about 35% in game right now. Maybe I can re-craft the helm and boots? I don’t think I got stun res on them… hmm and a few other of the items are crafted and I probably didnt get that on them either… maybe I’ve found the problem.

Aside from that, yeah my fire devotions actually aren’t fully leveled, as I re-specced this character from a lightning build recently. They are getting there but the fire ones are all maybe around ~15/20 (phoenix, meteor, witchblade) so that might help too especially phoenix.

I’d say aim for around 50% stun res with this build. Rest should be crafted for physique. Drink anti-freeze potion in Shards. Watch @Dmt’s videos, she is really good at piloting in SR.

2 Likes