[1.1.5.2] Return of the DW Krieg aether Battlemage

Yes, few minor ones. Overload gives now OA and aether res. Maybe bat as devotion. Prismatic diamond in head, first node Aeon definitely. But build is solid this way, going little more defensive route isn’t bad, cause DW melee isn’t the flavor of today’s Crucible and you need to be careful.

But otherwise devotion and items are optimal. As for Crucible you can farm comfortable 100-150, but you need to use tributes from 110-150 not to run out them.

@Nery is there a S&B updated variation of Krieg battlemage going around? Dual wielding damage is insane but I still feel its a bit squish, was wondering if S&B would feel more stable.

I don’t think there’s posted updated version, but is not gonna be much different. Here’s shield you need https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8836 It’s sold by Hyram in Steelcap district. Also from skill perspective take Overguard and Shield training. I don’t personally see much advantage in shield version, but will maybe test it in the future to see if it’s worth it.

@Nery I love how even with a Theodin’s Heart like this https://prnt.sc/ovcxjv 2xMindwarp might still be better :frowning: I thought I had something going on there. Oh and about the Colossal Bulwark? I have one with 28% phys resist and some DA, you do lose around… 15% damage, maybe slightly more. But having 42% phys resist and a shield might be worth.

Hows edge of sanity goes with this build? Is it still crappy?

That’s nice number for physical resistance! If you play S&B them even more important is to have Mindwarp as weapon. Cadence is better as auto attack than Fleshwarped strikes.

@sephelutis , last time I checked, double Mindwarp was BiS for weapons.

So for some reason I decided to spend 12 hours testing and figuring out optimal Krieg’s Battle Mage spec. Well, it was not easy. Class is still weak despite Arcanist buffs and lack of RR and AOE struggle is real. I have tested multiple devotion setups and few gear setups and this is what I ended up with:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2Ewdj8Z

In-game DA is ~2920-2950, need to craft one item with physique. I did test Haunt a lot. And at first it seemed like it was doing more damage and -life leech resistance was helping in 1on1 fights. But in the end I came back to Agrivix, because it make the build more streamlined and provides more consistent performance due to additional AOE and res. Haunt is still an option tho, it definitely wins in single target damage department, but margin is small:

I have also tested Arcanist’s Conduit with Aether RR to Olexra. And while it was fun and in some way safer, it’s still extra button that disrupts our attacks (plus it weakens Soldier mastery).

Here is my best run with optimal (agrivix) setup:

Average run is around 6:45, 6:30 if you are a good pilot with fast PC.

3 Likes

Build is updated to current version by @mad_lee . Surprisingly or not one of the strongest Cadence builds…

1 Like

@Nery @mad_lee y’all are a couple of mad lads this is perhaps the most enjoyable dual wielding, tankiest DPS monster I ever built.

It is A M A Z I N G L Y well balanced, with some nice higher rolls on the dozens of Leggos I stashed I get to this: image
With full procs it reaches about 3.15k DA and a stupid 3.7k OA.

3 Likes

I am glad you liked it, man, I’ve spent like 12 hours testing this stuff (no joke) untill I fully cracked it. For 4+3 Crucible farms you can invest more into Spirit since DA will be covered by Ulzuin’s buff. You can also lower your DA to ~2950 ish with more Spirit investment and you won’t lose anything. You can also add/substract points to/from Squad Tactics depending on your gear’s AS rolls.

Meanwhile none other than @Plasmodermic kindly agreed to test this build (he of course maxed out Spirit investment) and made this amazing run:

I think this should be the record for Krieg’s Battle Mage and overall it’s an amazing result for a melee build.

5 Likes

Say my AS rolls are top notch, what would be the best dumping grounds for the leftover points?

@Ericberic, if you have 200% attack speed before Dying God I’d say overcap Field Command as much as possible and balance DA by investing more into Spirit. If your FC is already at 16/12 you can soft cap Nullification (very handy in all kinds of situation) or invest more in Fighting Spirit.

Finally did it guys. I tried to dupe my Save files to get another decently rolled Krieg set and it reverted my beautiful Battlemage to level 1. Press F in chat. That’s what I deserve for trying to fool around.

Sorry for that. Backup files before doing something fancy is mandatory.

1 Like

Tested this guy in SR 75-76. First run was a bit of a failure, somehow managed to die to Valdaran 4 times in 1on1 battles and run stretched into 15 minutes.

Second run was much smoother, just couple of deaths on none both chunks (both avoidable):

1 Like

@Nery @mad_lee Can… can I ask you M A D L A D S to try and breathe some new life into DK S&B Krieg?
All I did was use the Conduit, your Augments (felt better than Eye of Bero and the old AoM Augments) and I just copy pasted your Constellations. The Energy issues are completely gone, we can finally use proper Bulwarks again if we so chose.
I would love for that mad OG build to come back… and I am not competent enough to pull it off.

I tried in previous patch S&B DK with green Bulwark shield and boy it’s awkward to not use DW. I prefer going dual Mindwarps. Actually BM and DK are very similar, now with spirit dump and Krieg set flat damage to Reckless power both classes should perform in similar fashion.

Dual wielding is… much better in terms of damage and less than 10% (roughly) in terms of survivability. But I had a juicy 25% Phys resist Bulwark and I thought I can make S&B DK just to farm Celestials like Ravager and Mog. I am not saying BM Krieg can’t, I just feel safer using a tankier variant.
If it’s not worth the time, I understand, truly. I cannot imagine it will outclass this build you guys made.

1 Like

It depends, against super bosses(especially Ravager) your Bulwark will worth it, but not sure how good is going to be the shield build vs leech from DW. I will wait for Lee’s comments too.

You can tailor your Krieg BM to Celestial fight with a shield, why not (if you manage to). But for everything else DW is much better.

1 Like