[126.96.36.199] RUNEBINDER PURE COLD INFILTRATOR
(no temp buffs)
MAIN SETUP: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V07WLr2
- gt shows 200 less oa and res all messed up
- crafted with 1xslowres and 2xphysique
- FOR BETTER SURVIVABILITY YOU CAN DO THIS: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GK7G52 (keep the Seal of Blades on main hand to get the extra adcth to Chain Lightning, as it uses main hand stats even if the Seal of Skies is equipped on the off-hand.
CRUCIBLE 4+3 5:33: https://youtu.be/S01sskhCSyg
- runs by yours truly on not so optimal mutators/enemies so subtract 20-30s to estimate peak performance
- runs done with GDStashed gear for top rolls, without harmful mutators and in a rather aggressive/reckless style so add 0:30-1:30 to estimate random performance for an average legit player
ALT SETUP 1: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zlmG9Z
ALT SETUP 2: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V07Bry2
- both alternative setups have similar performance - slightly better offensively - but main setup seems best rounded
- crafted with 2 slow res and physique
I like runes. You like runes. Everybody likes runes. But there’s someone out there who doesn’t. He secretly loathes runes and does everything in his power to gimp them. Who is that hateful persona? His name… starts with the last letter of the alphabet…
For a skill that needs points in 4 nodes and is bound by a narrow selection of gear (for conversions and skill bonuses) that is really poor defensively, RoH is really POOR. RoK is imo laughable. While similar casters approach the 4-minute marker, runes struggle with sub-6. Both the skills and most of supporting gear could use a serious face lift. The RoH dmg penalty is a big misunderstanding - RoH even in its prime was never close to what today is considered top-tier. Things like Deathwhisper pants (thx to @Plasmodermic for a tip about Harmony pants - they are BiS indeed) are so “behind meta” that it makes one wanna cry, let alone RoH weapons like Crescent Moon or Winter Veil. It’s no surprise that cold became a little cookie-cuttery with all those Chillhearts - it’s because nothing else is decent.
But this has already been said a thousand times. What’s important is that build works.
- Chillheart daggers - no surprise - that dominate cold meta due to their conversions
- Runebinder set that gives lots of skill points in inquisitor mastery
- proc-centric devotion route with Elemental Seekers and Ultos 100% in cold (sadly no Amatok)
- RoH and RoK with 60+% pierce to cold (really need that ~100% like Silver Sentinel) and Box with 100% lightning to cold
- 12% adcth with Chain Lightning spam as well as Ultos and other wpn dmg procs (could use more, honestly)
So, build works ok. One could expect more from such a caster but it plays nice. Due to less than perfect sustain, it cannot facetank multiple bosses so it requires some dancing - but luckily there’s quite a lot of DoTs and passive dmg to kite freely with little dps loss, and enough defense to handle one or two nemeses at all times. Stay away from Mad Queen, Mad Queen + Box = insta death.
Q: With Chillhearts having attack speed and nightblade wps being so good, wouldn’t it be better to Beronath Fury it up?
A: It’s a question of skill points. With little +1 to nightblade, wps are costly. Even with Nidalla relic and Spellbreaker belt, taking wps would mean no Box. Also, it would require maxing Lethal Assault. Ultimately, full caster leaning on inquisitor mastery - however poor its spells are - is better.
Q: How’s energy?
A: Bad but ok.
Q: Why are the two most important devotions - Rumor and Elemental Storm - not bound to the best proccers?
A: Good question. Box on Rumor might be better but if SS is less than 3s cooldown it’s really good on Rumor. It is almost guaranteed and procs and spreads immediately before runes go off. Seekers would be best on Word of Pain but adding piano just for optimizing a proc is a no. Storm on Spirits is ok with its good 25% chance - imo better than Seal because Seal got long cooldown and can’t move.
Thanks for reading. All comments and suggestions welcome.