[1.1.5.2] RUNECRAWLER (c5:30) (sr+)

I wanted to reply to Medierra but both you and Zantai had similar points.

I don’t convert all the pierce. It’s only possible with a blue set Silver Sentinel that was also recently nerfed, imo for no reason. Thus the whole RoH whining thing.

BTW I’m now wondering if dropping pierce to cold from Alkamos rings and taking double Magi rings instead for their true and tested oupiedness (and possibly mixing in Imp devotion) would not bring better results. I took Alkamos because I “wanted” it to be a rune build.

That’s a good point and I somewhat agree. But it’s more complicated than that. Canister got more conversion options, and pairs with arcanist extremely well which gives very good defense (or with shaman which resulted in debatably the fastest Crucible run ever in history - or second fastest). Besides, it is very good for Crucible because in can be thrown to the spawn zones and minimize aggro hiccups. Also, it’s only got two nodes. RoH infiltrators don’t have those things and still boast worse dmg unless minmaxed and supported by everything there is available.

I’m all for removing the penalty because 1) piloting RoH to consistently maximize single target output is difficult; players should be rewarded for this, not penalized, 2) it will not break the game, and even if it did, adjustments could be made to overall dmg output.

Making RoH full cold is a weird idea, though. It defeats the purpose of existing RoH gear, even if that gear is poor and scarce, and kinda contradicts Crate’s skill design philosophy.

1 Like

I agree that making RoH full cold is weird. It was just an idea to improve item choices on the back end.

The fact that you cleared crucible in 5:30 with RoH is beyond my capacity and I thought it was awesome.

I get what you’re saying I just don’t see a simple solution to making runes easier to deal with without making it obscene.

on that note have you tried using reign of fire/ice? I ask that as all the fire will be converted and at a glance I am wondering if the damage from the proc will off set the loss of pierce conversion.

Wanted to test a RoH build (fully meme of course) just don’t have the time and would rather level some of the other stuff or work on the character I been trying to perfect for the past 100+ hrs (can’t roll the right mods for crafting)

1 Like

Fire&Ice should be good for sustain. But without Alkamos, with pierce to cold so low, I’m not sure the runes are worth the points. They are surely viable, though.

I do not like runes.

2 Likes

They’re like pets that you put on the ground that blow up. What’s not to like?

1 Like

They don’t automatically put themselves under enemies and then blow up :frowning:

1 Like

Lazy pets. Like a fat cat which lies on the floor until it sees a foot passing by to bite it.

3 Likes

Cryogonal would like to have a word with you.
cryogonal%20-%20Copy

2 Likes

Lol i just ran 3+1 5:14 on this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23dgejV. Apparently, Chains of Anguish actually IMPROVE SURVIVABILITY thx to extra adcth and res component in place of Restless Remains. This belt really needs to go…

1 Like

Hasn’t it been bugged though? It can only decrease your armor to 100%, not lower.
It’s not a biggie for soldiers but I don’t how your guy’s going to be affected by the upcoming fix.

Yeah, if the proc is fixed, you’d need to either get lots of +%armor or lots of overcapped movespeed to be able to gtfo. I still think the proc should include not -% to movspeed but rather smth like 200% slowed movspeed so you can’t get away that easily.

rn this belt improves everything, including sex life

2 Likes

except you can die during the 5-second climax :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Added 2 alternative setups to op but can’t decide which is best. Mutators on 161-170 have been really fucking with me.

Have you tried WoP? It doesn’t look like much and requires a lot of investment. But last buff made it an excellent trash clearer. You click 4-6 times and apply a massive dot (and a mass procer) to the whole map till the end of the wave. It probably weakens the build overall but might boost the timer.

smth like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDw4DkV

1 Like

It needs more core stats, you don’t even have enough cunning and spirit to use the weapons.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRkOl4N

This should be a bit better. I can’t comment on WoP’s efficacy in this build, but I’m currently working on an aether build with maxed WoP which can do sub 5 minutes. Super underrated skill right now I think.

1 Like

Yeah, this is better. I just made a template, maxed all the dmg and didn’t look at the stats :smiley:

Indeed. The buff was beefy, i think people missed it. And it falls right into the clearing meta.

1 Like

I did think of it and I looked it up in gt. I only tested 1-1-1 WoP for optimal procs and cheap scraps of AoE - and it seemed better - but I opted against it because piano.

WoP maxed here does 450 per tick. Totally maxed, it deals 630. So almost 1/3 of its power is in those last ranks that are unavailable here. Box deals 287 (including e-cute/1s) plus 140 from Tether in lesser AoE and less consistently (dies out with the enemy) but adds whopping 150 effective oa and procs everything well not just Seekers.

WoP would be massive but not because of dmg. It’s got freaky range and you can target ground next to the spawn zone to aggro those retards that fall asleep instead of going out (like Canister on demo). But… sub 9k health… If to pursue this, I’d save points and only max the node responsible for radius.

1 Like

How update build?

Nothing has to be changed. No nerfs or buffs to alternatives that I know of.