When fighting a war, armies rely on Infantry and Artillery. Sometimes the heavy artillery can´t reach the battlefield or can´t be used because of the danger of friendly-fire.
To minimize the collateral damage, there are special forces which soften up the enemy, blinding, slowing and confusing them. They are Shocktroopers, a kind of mobile artillery, which support the battle-hardened women and men fighting side by side with them.
This is the last of my builds relying on the sturdy chassis of Shaman Mastery and Bloodrager´s Frenzy Set.
Demolitionist has only 3 skills (including skills lines) which are interesting: Flame Touched (with Temper), Flashbang (with Searing Light) and, of course, Blast Shield. But they are a good complement to the already very good Shaman Bleeding Mastery.
- Gear: You don´t need any green items. As always, a nice Incorruptible Cronley Ring will help to save some augments.
- Devotions: Standard 2H-Melee Bleeding Devotions, including Empty Throne instead of Owl.
- Gameplay: Very easy. 4: Flashbang, 5: Devouring Swarm, 6: Grasping Vines…Savagery, Wendigo Totem, Pet Attack and Violent Delights on Mouse Buttons.
- Stats: Typical Cunning Dump.
- OA/DA: 2.900/2.900…don´t forget the OA/DA-Shred of this build (OA 200, DA 320)
- RR: 114…only few enemies have more.
- AoE: 12/12 Grasping Vines. Enough.
- Sustain: A lot of ADctH from Piercing Damage thanks to Rancor (30 %). And of course 12/12 Wendigo Totem.
- Resistances: Poison, Pierce…main concern to cap. Stun Resistance is a little bit low.
- Other details: There is not much Energy. Thanks to Viper, Revenant and Arcane Spark it is enough most of the time. Bring some potions to be 100 % secure.
Smooth gameplay and Flashbang fits very well in the rotation. The amount of buttons I have to press is ideal for me.
Leveling Guide/Other Bleeding Builds
You can all see it here: A collection of Bleeding Builds
Conclusion to all Shaman-based Bleeding Builds
As said above, the combination of Shaman-Mastery and Bloodrager´s Frenzy Set is great by itself. I have a Single Mastery Shaman which has to be tested by I am fairly sure it can complete campaign (including SR 50). So any other Mastery can add something and make a build more viable. For me, Trickster is still most fun to play but it is my first build (and I played it for a really long time). Second place is definitely Bleeding Druid (still astonished, how well it performs!) and all others follow (so I like the Ritualist a little bit more than the others ). Sadly, I am a little bit underwhelmed how Archon performs. When FG came out, I hoped to be it a new “go-to” Bleeding Mastery, but it isn´t (for me). RR on Guardians is nice, but Eye of Reckoning, which is strongly supported by items, doesn´t fit for Bleeding Builds (imho) and to max out Vire/Tectonic Shift there aren´t enough points (which are better invested in different skills). Some nice defensive possibilities and/or Bleeding Damage to Smite as WPS might do the trick…maybe.
As always: Enjoy your ride through Cairn!