[1.1.5.2] The Tank One | Melee 2H Conjurer (Vitality) | Effectively Unkillable | Facetank Callagadra (no pots) < 4m40s kill | 1 or no greens | Easily high SR and Crucible viable

:rofl: OH MY GOD LOL - You’ve just killed me.

About Dying God and OA:
Yeah Dying God has OA but there’s almost no OA on the way there besides Viper - which is a relatively bad constellation for this build since the other 2/3 nodes don’t really have relevant stats.

About Dryad and Manticore:
You’re always getting Rattosh, thats way more crucial than Dying God - it’s 10 green, 6 yellow/white, and 6 red - which is bridged by both Dryad and Manticore and has it’s requirements satisfied by Rattosh (unlike stuff like Revenant). Dying God requires 15 blue - absolutely no overlap with Rattosh.

As for whether or not I can facetank Callagadra without those:

I could MAYBE still facetank Callagadra without those.
You don’t know, and I don’t know - I’ve never tested that and I bet you’ve never tested that.

As for your build:
You have less: OA/DA, overall resists (especially physical), health, auxillary resists (like stun, slow, leech).

That doesn’t look like a direction I want to go for at all, just in exchange for more damage.

Remind me, what is stuff like 30% more crit damage going to do when you have less OA than me and my OA is not enough to crit on Callagadra? Nothing.

Also, this isn’t Crucible - if you want to handle all content or even tank it - it’s not about how much damage bonus you have, even if you have 600% or 800% more damage bonus it’s really not as useful in practice if you have to consitently run and kite Callagadra and you’re not consitently DPSing them/not a DoT build. The challenge does not involve killing waves and waves of relatively medium strength enemies. Celestials are in general, different and sometimes more challenging content than Crucible because it changes the dynamic from ‘how fast can I kill these medium difficulty enemies’ to ‘can I finish this without messing up/dying?’

Frankly, I’m not sure how feasible it is to kill Callagadra consistently with your build (have you tested it yet?) - with all the kiting you’d have to do - I’d be surprised if you got a kill in the 7 min ballpark let alone something around 5 min ballpark.

Also you stand more chance to have random deaths by being either crit (since your DA is well below 3k) and/or shotgunned by her and her summons (especially when she’s under 50% hp) and having to restart. Although increasing Pierce resistance will help, you’re still going to have problems with getting shotgunned even if you way over cap it (due to physical damage).

And for potential modifications to your build to help with that issue, I’d be surprised if it involved staying with Dying God instead of moving to get more stuff like physical resistance … To be honest, the end product would probably be closer to my type of build than yours.

As for Sigil :
Agreed, depending on what content you’re doing you can always swap your skills around and that’s exactly why I have the Sigil conduit. E.g. you’re doing Crucible, SR, or farming campaign -> shuffle skill points into Sigil vs. you’re killing Celestials -> shuffle skill points into passives like Second Rite.

Hey, nice build ! Can the weapon be temporarily replaced with something else while I farm Nightbringer?

% RR is not good at all, it can’t bring resistances to the negative, yup. But it was changed in the order.

First are all sources of -RR.
Second % RR from VIper or Ultos, can’t bring them to negative.
Last is flat RR from Revenant, Storm etc.

About build, physical resistance is unreal :smile:

And it’s important for both Calla and Ravager. But strength of vitality builds is inbuilt life steal. I just reached SR 90 with my Nightbringer Oppressor and can face tank Ravager with offensive setup, beauty of vitality builds! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’re not factoring another Dark One no-brainer - maxed Wasting which is -320 oa shred and another bunch of passive dmg.

Well, let’s see about your build with these devotions (and weapon augment) https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4Vx7yXb2.

• 12% phys res less (but still 77% so come on…).
  • less slow and freeze res (but not by much, and it’s ok, most dmg and sustain is passive and unaffected by cc)
  • Oa, da, health, stun res, armor - more or less equal
  • dmg at quite decent 3.2k% (not the 2.4k% like it’s 1.0.4.0)
  • crit at respectable 58% (not the - sorry - laughable 15% which actually gets you to negative crit with -% crit dmg mutator)
  • you can switch back to Potent Rav Eye for 120da on top of what you had

This is obviously better in EVERY POSSIBLE situation. Even Calla, I think, 77% phys res is enough with sustain bumped this much. Maybe Moosilauke in SR100+. But then 18% freeze res more won’t help you much since you’re one-two-shot by his Blizzards anyway).

Nobody drops DG on vit, man. It’s set in stone.

I agree but with the idea but you chose a terrible example here. Second Rite? Second Rite is strictly flat dmg, nothing else. Even Blood Pact is better than Second Rite. Second Rite is 1p tops if you wanna have a nice vit res overcap.

Sigil is useful in every challenge.

All the above is my opinion ofc, your build is none of my business, sorry if it comes out strong… Full facetank of Calla is still a hell of an achievement on a (mostly) caster.

1 Like

Absolutely, Nightbringer does have a hefty 16% Physical Resistance to it - but you can swap it out for Wildblood Crusher, Death’s Reach or greens like Spectral Warmaul or Korvan Reaping Halberd and still effectively facetank everything.

With 16% lower Physical Resistane you might have trouble with facetanking Crate of Entertainment, if you accidentally spawn too many boxes - they do physical, or Callagadra - but everything else including Mogdrogen and Ravager are easy to faceroll.

If you lack Nightbringer though, it may be better to go just for the caster (1h +shield) route/variant of this build (it’s easier to gear, just needs to target farm Krieg’s MI green shield, and has better AoE at the cost of less single target DPS).

1 Like

Those changes actually look pretty solid, I’ll check it out - I’ll probably make a more offensive variant with some of those changes - credits @ya1

As for Second Rite, I’ve tried it on dummies - Second Rite is more single target DPS added than putting points into Wasting, or Blood Rite. But it’s a mainly a filler skill, I’m sure the skill setup can be improved and I’ll probably use the points elsewhere in the future (like maybe reallocate the points back to Sigil to get improved AoE even if it’s more active skills and generally less single target DPS).

One thing I ignored about Sigil is that for bosses, you can stack up to two at the same time - with only 1, it’s less slightly DPS than Second Rite but with 2, it’s definitely more.

edit: man, that’s a really solid devotion map to port over to this set of items and skill configuration

So Ceno’s cheatsheet is correct after all - I’m going to have to re-edit my posts LOL. In case, it means:

a) 60 -18 = 42
b) 42 * (1 - 0.24) = 31.92
c) 31.92 - 25 = 6.92

is the correct order, if you start with 60% physical resist and get 3x debuffed by Callagadra

Nice Callagadra spec! You succeeded where I failed, gj!

1 Like

Yeah, alright - I´m completely clueless right now. As far as I know, RR-order was never confirmed from Crate. So we´re left with … not more than different assumptions.
To me, it does not make a difference anyhow: For defense: Gather as much physical resist as possible. For offense: Gather as much RR as possible.
Screw that frickin order, I´m done with it until after all those years of discussion it might finally get confirmed by Crate.

Amen lol,

I wasn’t sure either - I think what Nery said is that: at one point, you were correct - but later they changed it since % RR was too weak and now it happens in the middle

Nery’s info is up to date.

The latest RR testing was done by DenisMashutikov which was presented in this link: The actual RR formula

The real difference is that previously it was thought that % came last, which meant that stacking the other two would easily push RR into the negative territory and as such, the multiplier would usually add to the overall RR by a factor of 10-20%, depending.

Without that extra reduced RR, of say 25, this now may not be always be the case with high-resist monsters. Some builds still manage to get silly amounts of -%RR, though, and will see the benefit.

It also means the %RR plays a bigger role in positive RR than previously thought… if you don’t have a lot of -%RR.

1 Like

Hey @ya1, I tried Callagada again with your devotion map and switched points off of Second Rite (as well as a few points off of Blood of Dreeg and Heart of the Wild) and put them into to Sigil of Consumption and got these results:

• Went from 5m30s to ~ 4m40s
  • HP was spiking more often, I went to < 30% a few times - when Callagadra and her summons had their attacks layered
  • Energy consumption went up, used energy potions once or twice ( gasp I can no longer claim I used no pots at all - think of all the clickbait power I lose that way! :rofl: )

But yeah, the results were good - the damage went up and the ability to facetank is still there!

I’d probably run this more offensive spec next time I try for SR and Crate too

1 Like

hi
thanks for the build dude. how can i lvl up with this? i delete my stash and all char i have for “fresh-start” and fun :D.

1 Like

For leveling,

I suggest starting out as caster: -> max Devouring Swarm -> max Bloody Pox -> move points from Bloody Pox to Sigil of Consumption once you got enough points to unlock it -> more Occultist skills like CoF, BoD, Possession -> Wendigo Totems -> move points off Bloody Pox to start investing in Savagery then changing your gear to be 2H

For devotions: Bat -> Wendigo -> Revenant/Manticore (depending on the variant) -> Rattosh/Dying God (depending on the variant)

2 Likes

I LUB IT!

1 Like

Hey Maya,

Woot woot! But are you replying as part of the Fire/Ring of Khonsar discussion :thinking: or can I take it that you’re very enthusiastic about the idea of playing tanky, non-pet builds? :rofl:

Tanky, non-pet builds with minimal button pushing = Sign me right up :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

In the bolded sentences above, you mentioned Bloody Pox twice. After moving points to Sigil, there are not enough points to use on Savagery. Can you please clarify this?

I am looking at devotions, see no turtle, no behemoth, no stun/freeze resist. Is there a way to make it HC friendly? Or damage is the defense in here?

How does the caster version compare? Is it able to facetank cally and crate as well?