[1.1.5.2] Ultos 2H Primal Strike Vindicator speed of light approved

@Nery I apologize in advance, noob here, and first time poster. I really like this build, but I know that it is for crucible. What changes, if any, would you make to this build for someone mainly interested in campaign? Would you still pick Inquisitor as your second, or would you go with soldier? Your insight is greatly appreciated and valued.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

You mean if you don’t have Ultos set?

I probably will choose Inquisitor too. Easy elemental RR from Censure, seal, damage reduction, heal, racial bonus, just so many good stuff.

In next patch Termite mines are gonna be changed, so Elementalist is gonna be better, but still my top choice is Vindicator.

If you talked about Ultos build against dungeons and Nemesis in campaign, this version should suffice. For Shattered realm devotion route by John Smith with more defensive procs is more suitable.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply, you’re awesome!

Just ask, any change you would make after the 1.5.1 patch for this build?

Umm, I don’t think much happened for this build in terms of changes. Although I posted Elementalist with the set with different devotions and items and I like it better.

I would probably change it a bit to increase that awful attack speed. But I believe Vindicator is number one option for Ultos build!

Hello Nery, thank you a lot for all that fancy guides !
I’m new the the game (and this forum) but had a few questions about this build.

I’d like to go for a vindicator like that for my first reroll (currently completing elite with my first char) but i obviously don’t have Ultos set yet ^^’

Does it seem doable to go for it and stuff my reroll with self found/farmed gear then start farming ultos ? Maybe with more base stats through devotions and skills ? I have both extensions.

The Malagliwen warder beginner build feature some stuff that maybe could fit waiting for ultos ?
I could go for Warder but i’d really prefer Vindicator (and i totally can level with your beginner Vindicator guides - caster and ranged versions even if i want to play melee and Primal strike at the end)

Thank you again for ressources ! :wink:

Hi and welcome to the game and forum !

Vindicator is very strong class, farming the Ultos set isn’t easy task but your build will be fine even without it.

Warder have similar gear and play style. Inquisitor have elemental(lightning) resistance reduction and Soldier have some stats boost. As whole Vindicator is by far more strong and flexible class.

Thank you ! So I’ll go for Vindicator ! :wink:

1 Like

Quick change in devotions

-Ultos
+Throne
-Quill
+Spider
-Scholar
-Hawk
+Tempest

gives +37% stun res if someone needs it

Thanks for the build btw, I’ve been reading it when in doubt

1 Like

Spider was added attack speed, that’s huge. Tempest is also worth it in build with high CDR.

Will try it out with your suggestions, thanks! But I would drop Spear perhaps and regain Ultos.

1 Like

I thought that maybe losing it is not that big of a deal because you’ve already got Viper with its -20% Res and these debuffs don’t stack but I honestly don’t know the raw power of Ultos since I’m a new player. Statwise Spear seems better (more OA) than Ultos

Yeah Spear have two advantages over Ultos - more OA and passive proc. But auto attacks scale very well with flat damage and Ultos have it. But you’re right about Viper and Ultos not stacking.

There are few other options:

• Korvaak. It’s constellation that fits in the devotion route and offers damage boost and DA/OA shred.

• Dying God. Excellent stats and speed/crit proc. I don’t think you can fit Tempest/DG/Ultos but if you can without giving up something like Ghoul it’s probably the best offensive route.

1 Like

Going back from Spear to Ultos like you prefer using Chariot and we get +52% Stun :slight_smile:
(from Tempest, Chariot and Throne) Purple devotions can be useful
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g7nk62
dropped Viper though not to lose Slow res from Sailor’s Guide

Build updated! Credit to @tqFan

new GT - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvxMgpN

new video -

1 Like

No Inquisitor Seal? No Corruption? What a mad lad!

1 Like

Aether corruption slows the build. Also 10% physical-lightning helps with conversion. Seal is also not needed. With this damage AdctH, Censure, Heal and Totem I can facetank almost anything. Speed! :astonished:

did u test it?

Yup. It’s around 10 seconds slower on average, it was my initial idea.

holy shit, great find!

1 Like

It seems that 10% phys>lightning conversion yield the better results for this build.

Congrats!

1 Like