[1.1.6.0][HC] I am Three - Insanity - The strongest build in Cairn ;)

I hope so too. And speaking of fun ranged builds, here’s a warlord gunslinger, just because we can :wink:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B9wxjN
It has more base retal damage and toughness but less procs, so the damage is lower, yet it feels more tanky.

1 Like

I’m pretty certain the percentage per attack is higher than 76% considering both Jaxxons and Storm spread output 8 bullets, twice the amount written in the skill. That brings per attack on a single jaxxons/storm spread proc to 216%. My last calculation came up to about 121% Retal added to attack

1 Like

Oh yeah right. I forgot about that.

Hi, I’ve seen a lot of these Retal builds lately and they seem very strong, but I have no idea how to level them.
Do you just pick any skill and only switch to retal at around lvl 94? Is there absolutely no way to level up as retal as early as possible, that seems like it would be pretty fun.

It is possible to level up as retal but not as fast as other levelling builds. It could be fun though. You just focus on the greens with retal bonuses at first, then upon reaching level 75 lots of good options open up. Jaxxon’s lucky rings can be acquired at 75. The perdition set is available as early as 40 and gets stronger at 65 and very strong at 94.

Hello guys (total noob here, discovered grim dawn like a month ago).
Are the okaloth’s visage(helm) and stoneguard ward (amulet) the only items that actually add % Retal damage to righteous fervor (main attack) or is there another source?
My understanding is they are mandatory for the build to work.
Just trying to understand how that damage gets added to the attack.
EDIT sry just found that retribution also adds retal to R Fervor

Thank you i didn’t know i can search items like that in grim tools.
So just to make it clear retribution and said items are the things that make it work there are no other hidden mechanics or something?
Again sry for noob questions.

Plus the rings and inquisitor’s skills (like stormspread). Basically, anything that can proc righteous fervor. Even components can do that.

Can Crate of Entertainment be killed with this setup?

Go full DPS and use the Mythical Havoc. Someone in our group did it a while ago. In addition, instead of using Aeon and Revenant he went the Obelisk + Targo + route. Don’t remember the exact time, but it was a short fight.

I spent weeks theory-crafting a fire version in 1.1.4.2, took me to SR90

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4l4vBN

Really cool to see I only scratched the surface when it comes to retal RF. Cant believe I didn’t think of Dagallon’s :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The fire version is very nice but it lacks full acid to fire conversion. It would be nice if this gun had +1 to oathkeeper or inquisitor - https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/13919

Good build!
BTW,Have you tried chaos ver with Darkblaze Source? Do you think it works?

The amulet slot is taken by stoneguard unfortunately. You would lose too much retal RF damage. With RF retal builds the goal is to maximize your total retal (ideally, converted to a single source) and max out the % total retal added to attack to RF. If we didn’t need the 3-piece set of the Three, we could replace the shield with the Bramblevine, but there’s just too much total retal loss in this case.

1 Like

I see, thanks!

hi,
Do you have any good leveling guide? to go with word of pain?

Word of Pain is really good up until 75 but slows down quite a bit after than. EoR is consistent all the way to 94. Both are great options imo.

ok, thanks.
But still i have no idea how to lvl up with EoR after i max oathkeeper tree and need to pick up inquisitor skills. Should i focus on EoR gear, or more with retaliation?

Just focus on EoR and max out the guardians of empyrion (both nodes). Retaliation levelling path would be far slower to bother. I’ve seen it done before but not as efficiently as EoR or guardians or Word of Pain.

Can someone explain for what effects should i be looking for in the weapon until i find dagallon’s ?