[1.1.6.2] Beginner's vitality caster Conjurer guide, how to build monster build from the scratch! Suitable for first character

would be happy to see updated beginner guide for bleeding warder (with leveling part) :slight_smile: goin to try this now

Haven’t tried this one but don’t think so. Charging Bull have similar mechanic to Vire’s might and doesn’t require a target, which makes it very good for both movement and damage. These are my favorite types of runes.

I recommend either Displacement, which is teleport rune or Amatok’s Breath/ Will of Kings for charging rune. Amatok’s pairing nicely with green belt’s conversion.

I am conflicted whether to do dw Trickster or 2H Warder for bleeding. Trickster is much straightforward.

Ah gotcha. I haven’t done runes before so didn’t know about the targeting mechanic.

One other question: at this point I am seriously considering Solael’s Decimation for relic. I know earlier people said it’s pretty expensive for what you get but I am level 75 on elite as my first ever character and have no XP boosting items. Which means I think it will be awhile before I hit level 90 and even have chance of Eldritch Pact.

Right now I have Mortality in relic slot. If Solael’s Decimation is still not recommended, any suggestions for upgrade? I realize this is heavily dependent on my blueprints.

I personally don’t think Decimation is huge upgrade over Mortality. But if you have the mats and especially if you don’t have Eldritch Pact blueprint, it’s possible. There are quite few relics that can do the job for you, leveling. Mortality is one of them. Also Meditation or Impurity.

1 Like

Thanks Nery - I can echo other’s sentiments and add that this guide is about as straightforward as it can get and it’s very adaptable for green-wearing scrubs like me :sunglasses:

Also congrats to @arbitorius and @McGeezer on your level 100s !

2 Likes

@CioCio

I’m only lvl 94 :blush:, but thanks :slight_smile:.

Using green items is no shame at all. Many of the high-end builds rely on green MIs. Most epics have a better alternative from the MI-pool and even a lot of the purples have better MI counterparts. Triple rare (MIs with two rare affixes), are in many cases BiS, but they are naturally extremely hard to obtain. That is why I focus on builds, which can be build mostly with purples, because those are easier to farm/craft.
I just don’t have the time to farm for triple rares (though I tried farming Kaisan for a good amu for my BM, but gave up after 50 tries with just trash :stuck_out_tongue:).

2 Likes

A small update from me: with the gear I have, not all skill and attribute points yet and not all devotion procs on max level I was able to get 4 new achievements in the Crucible :smiley: the highest being Unstoppable Lord of the Crucible. My Blademaster was not capable of doing this yet, but this vit-caster is. Now I will try to get Morgoneth’s ring still, finish ultimate (just leaving Homestead) and hopefully max my devotion procs in the process. Then I will try Crucible 150-170 on gladiator. So far I’m pretty stoked what this toon can do :smiley:.

Current setup: GT
I found a Mythical Cursbearer but I’m not using it instead of Mythical Sigil of the Depraved, because it is reducing my bleeding overcap to 1% and it costs me some OA, but maybe it would improve kill time in the Crucible with it’s proc and the bleed resist is not that important with all the lifeleech, I don’t know. What do you think @Nery?

2 Likes

Depends. OA is always nice, especially since you have crit damage bonus from Dying God. But Cursbearer have nice proc, which is AoE, unlike Mark of Fallen, which is single target only.

About bleeding overcap, that’s not that serious problem, since bleeding is such a rare damage type.

1 Like

I had not considered Mythical Signet of the Fallen as an alternative yet, but I will look in my stash :smiley:. I guess I’ll just try out the Cursebearer then even though Mythical Sigil of the Depraved (which I use now) has a nice reduction of enemy health from Doom Bolt and the sheer dmg from Doom Bolt too.

Just hit 100 on hardcore using this bulid. was super safe the entire time, took me a few weeks on and off playing

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNk5BzBV

3 Likes

@Darrel

I’ve only tried hardcore once (died on lvl 65 with a pet build). Would you recommend this for a ‘new’ hardcorte player?

Any things i should know with this build any other general tips?

1 Like

@Meester_Pim This was my first hc character. every step of the way i focused totally on resistances on gear over damage (it’s abit slow early on) making sure to use components whenever i could, didnt facetank and made sure to farm up my faction items asap. I also played with an xbox controller as i found dodging with a joystick was better than a mouse

to be quite honest it was very very easy getting it to 100. I only nearly ripped once to the Cthonic Nemesis and occasionally had to log out to save myself

Thanks,

Do you know if this build is capable of the full game (also the harder bosses, not all builds can do?)

I’m still farming up some more items at the moment, if i don’t die i’ll be slowly attempting to kill everything. i’ll keep you informed of what happens

Cheers, mate!

That’s a nice accomplishment.

@Darrel Did you play normal or veteran and at which levels about did you change difficulties?

Edit: Congrats on the great acomplishment, I still need to play HC in this game.

I played normal until about 55. capped almost all my res and got a few factions to respected, then moved onto elite which i stayed on until level 82ish. once again i capped everything out, farmed some MI’s and bought some elite faction items. once in ultimate i played slowly until level 90 when i could equip those items by which point i was pretty much set

1 Like

Another small update, played only a little in the last time…
I’m just through with Ugdenbog and still don’t have Morgoneth’s prime ring :stuck_out_tongue: but I got Ravager’s Eye now on both weapons.
So I thought I would try celestials. Mogdrogen was first. I used cold pharma only which brought my cold res up to 83% overcap. That was obviously enough, he wen’t down pretty fast :smiley:.
Then I got cocky and went for Ravager. I had spawned the Ravager of Souls and since I had seen the video from the Conjurer of the Dark Arts thread I thought it should be doable.
I died like 5 times before I gave up for the moment. I just didn’t manage to block him with the skellies at all, so he charged me all the time. It actually looked like he was never blocked by them at all. Was the video made using a collision bug which was fixed since then? If so, I have to find another way or I really have to improve my piloting skills :wink:.

1 Like

@arbitorius thanks for your update but I have to state two things:

• Skeletons collision was fixed, so you can’t use them to set a screen to Ravager :smile: Paging @mad_lee if he thinks Dark Arts build could facetank him. Also I think Ravager of Minds might be easier than Souls.

• Mogdrogen is doing lightning damage, you need lightning overcap, not cold.

1 Like

Collision bug was fixed but I think Ravager is still doable. I will check.

1 Like