[1.1.7.1] Conjurer of the Dark Arts - 6:30m Crucible 150-170, "naked" Crucible, SR 85+, all Celestials, no greens immortal Conjurer

This is a sweet, sweet build. Just took out Avatar of Mogdrogen without a problem. On my way to Crate to see if I can take that out as well. I like the fact I don’t need any other buffs such as potions. John Smith wrecked Crate but are there any augment swaps recommended like the Mogdrogen battle or do I use completely unaltered ?

It might sound weird but I’m more concerned about getting across the BBB without dying. I’ve killed most of the camels when I come across them, stopped in the sanctuaries that sometimes appear and encourage camels to follow me so I have some spares to feed off, but I still die at last once or twice. How do I stop doing that ?

I actually never fought Crate ever, so can’t help you here. He is a randomly unfair boss so I don’t think you can prepare to him. Maybe drink all the potions, I dunno, for better overcaps and such and prepare some aether crystals or smth.

Probably a good call. The Bone bleach basin is a pain to get across, the oversized maggots are brutal and then you get to fight Crate. Crate isn’t randomly unfair, he’s totally unfair all the time :grinning: The video is good at showing me there are no potion buffs required but I also don’t see a lot of those annoying boxes that spam either. It’s not the loot I’m after, since it is nothing worth getting - just want to be able to say been there done that. I guess I’ll just go and slog it out and see what happens.

Not true at all. He’s just the antithesis of Crucible build design.

This build in particular would have immense difficulty with Crate by design, which really speaks to the quality of piloting by John Smith to manage the task.

I managed to get through the basin without dying and then through the maggots. Got Crate half way but then those mini-me boxes just go nuts and I die. Still I think I can take it out - a lot more kiting then I’d hoped for.

Dusted off this beast of old and decided to kill Ravager after some people asked how. Died the first time because of the wrong tactic and no pre-buff potions (and no health potions) but got him the second time full facetank mod in 3 minutes.

Can you give your opinion on the pros and cons of RektByProtoss’s Nightbringer Conjurer vs your build?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXjkPLV

Generally I figure he took a few things that benefit from 2h, but the builds are pretty similar.

I think for super hardcore challenges like Shards 90+ his spec should be tougher. But mine should have more damage and be much more pleasant to play because it doesn’t have Savagery charges and his spec has 133% cast speed with Hungering Void which makes rotation casting a bit painful.

@mad_lee sorry beginner here, I noticed that there is Plague of Corruption skill granted by item and it is bound to right click. How does it work? As I noticed, when I test it on dummy nothing happens.

Also, I have similar question about Bloody Pox. When I spam the button for it, the skill never goes to cooldown and nothing happens.

PS. Grimtools is all the same, no worries about that. Great build thanks, just have these doubts…

Both of the spells spread jumping from one mob to another. You can see an icon for each of them if you look at the dummy more closely. You only have to cast them once if every few seconds. Plague of Corruption’s should be casted as soon as it’s off cooldown because it’s duration is as long as its cooldown.

I’m actually curious, what do you think of scales on this build ( like this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrwk73N) ? I am surprised no one has mentioned them.

From my experience with Vitality builds - and I have made quite a few successful ones - Scales are almost never worth it there. Vitality builds got leech in abundance but they usually lack cc-res and QoL stuff like casting speed.

Same story here, map with Lantern/Sailor’s Guide/Revenant give build a lot of useful resists/cc-resist/casting speed which outweighs having another source of healing in a form of Scales. Being able to press all the buttons in the rotations more consistently due to better casting speed and cc-res ends up being more important.

You can take this build and a version with Morgo stick with Scales and see which one is more fun and comfortable to play.

5 Likes

Hey mad lee,

My intention isn’t to stir the pot but the Twitch streamer and Youtuber Armoured Otter copied your build and posted it to Reddit and YouTube without giving you any credit.

I wasn’t sure how you might feel about it and so I wanted to give you a heads up.

edit: this was a very poor misunderstand on my part. I was posting what I thought was valid information based on another post from a person on Reddit without myself having solid evidence.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

That’s not very cash money of him

Hey Kreeg! This is good looking out, but i definitely didnt intend to steal anything or pass somebody else’s build off as my own. Here’s my evidence

1. I state very clearly in the video that the purpose is not to highlight any one build, but to rather highlight the tools of the archetype so people can build their own/ put their own spin on it.

2. I definitely state that the rubrick of the build that I’m using is from, in my words, “the legendary mad_lee” (7:40) but i encourage the viewers to check it out for themselves and to attempt to build their own version.

I always aim to be very cash money and to accredit people for their hard work and I hold mr. mad_lee in very high esteem. If there’s a bridge I could’ve crossed to make this more apparent, please let me know and I’ll definitely take the steps now and in the future.

2 Likes

Hey mad_lee! it is now and always will be my life goal to carry myself as somebody with both cash and money. please refer to my response to kreeg and let me know if there’s anything I can do to accredit you further.

2 Likes

Ah, I’ve somehow didn’t watch to the end of the video, sorry, calling me legendary in the video was very cash money of you, gracias.

1 Like

I mean it! I don’t want to brown nose, But I do hold you and your builds to an incredibly high standard and I’d be mortified if you thought I was ripping you off. Im pretty new to the world of content creation, its very possible that I’m not doing a super thorough job of carefully accrediting people, but I can do better.

2 Likes

The only advice I could provide would be to credit the build authors at the start of your videos instead of near the end of the video where more people are likely to not notice.

For example. I usually exit your videos after all the pertinent information has been provided. In this case I myself didn’t realize you had given credit near the end because I closed the video immediately after the ‘skills and abilities’ section. I had to watch the video three times to find the spot where the credit to mad lee was given.

I want to apologize for spreading misinformation. I was going off the information that someone from Reddit had posted, and is now deleted. From now on I will just keep my nose out of it.

This was a bad case of me believing what I was reading without solid evidence.

Again, my apologies to you Armored Otter and to Mad Lee for the misunderstanding.

3 Likes

Ha, thanks, that’s very sweet of you to say, man. If you need any of my builds for your videos, let me know, I can send you the save file to save you time. Also if you wanna ask about some GT you’ve been cooking, message me and I will be happy to help.

3 Likes