Screenshot with all permanent buff + Word of Renewal, Pneumatic Burst, Deadly Aim, Lethal Assault, and Sitting on Inquisitor Seal.
DPS shown is Chillspikes
- Your lovely rune of hagarrad.
- Massive AoE with 12sec dummy kill.
- Not really comfortable in campaign with rune gameplay (subjectively).
- Performance depend a lot in how much conversion you got.
- Non WD spell as main damage dealer, need to play smart
Build OverviewI finally got an RoH build that I like, here comes the runebinder with Northern Wyrm!!!
The build concept is simple, almost pure cold RoH build with Northern Wyrm + Chilling Grip of Hagarrad. Utilizing the conversion, we have 3x blade spirit and chillspikes for additional damage sources. The build play similarly like chillwisper infiltrator with the same moveset.
At first I tried chillwhisper + northern wyrm, but turn out to be quite squishy due to no leeching Blade spirit, lack of point to inquisitor, and no phys res in the set. Then I used my old dusty Runebinder set, perfect fit. Runebinder gives a bit more phys res, more RoH damage, and more point to inquisitor. Overall better in offense and defense. Downside is less cast speed.
The build depend a lot in how big of conversion you got. Maximum pierce>conversion we can have in this build is 90% with northern wyrm + hagarrad gloves, mine got 86%. you can have full pierce>cold conversion with nightscorn or alkamos purple rings, but plus skills to RoH is more important.
The build still need smart play though as it used non WD skill as main damage dealer. To increase the tankiness of this build, you can:
- Use biting blades as opposed to chillspikes to have better leech
- Invest the rest of attribute points to physique
- Integrate Twin Fangs devo proc somehow
- Craft all for +%physique if you can.
- Get as much pierce > cold (at least 85%).
- Get max casting speed.
- 4pc Runebinder Set without the bow.
- Main/Off Hand: Mythical Northern Wyrm. [Up to 60% pierce>Cold conversion, Fitting stats, craftable]
- Gloves: Mythical Chilling Grip of Hagarrad. [Converting up to 30% pierce to cold, relevant skill bonus, and good stats overall]
- Pants: Reaper’s Legguards. [Giving the required plus skills to blade spirits. Just get the one that gives a lot of stats and res]
- Boots: Mythical Amatok’s Step. [Lovely Cold boots with chillsurge bonus, nice proc, and stats.]
- Belt: Mythical Mythical Chains of Nightfire. [The conversion makes bane more damaging, but it’s not critical element. We just need its skill bonus.]
- Rings: 2x Mythical Band of Black Ice. [Fitting bonus skills and stats.]
- Medal: Mythical Mark of Dark Dreams. [Extra range, damage, and rank to night’s chill. Also very good stats.]
- Relic: Bane. [Giving a bit of leech, good stats. Get plus skill to Rune of Hagarrad as completion bonus]
- Movement Rune: Use whatever you like. I use Rune of Amatok’s Breath currently.
Cold based Devotion with Leviathan (for more phys res)
Rumor > to Chillspikes
Elemental Storm > to Blade Spirit
Whirlpool > to Rune of Hagarrad
Hand of Ultos > to Inquisitor Seal
Ghoulish Hunger > to whatever permanent buff
- LMB: Chillspikes
- RMB: Point to Move
- Mouse scroll up/down: Inquisitor Seal
- Keyboard 1: Movement Rune
- Keyboard 2: Rune of Hagarrad
- Keyboard 2: Amarasta’s Blade Burst
- Keyboard 3: Ice Wyrm’s Breath
- Keyboard 4: Word of Renewal
- Keyboard 5: Pneumatic Burst
Summon 3x Blade Spirits before action
Always have Word of renewal and Pneumatic Burst active
Movement rune in
Summon inquisitor seal below you
Hold your Chillspikes button while still mashing RoH + Amarasta Blade Burst + Ice Wyrm’s Breath button.
If you want, you can cast RoH as a trap for incoming enemy, but remember to be always in your RR range.
YOU CANNOT FACETANK MADQUEEN’S RAGE MODE BECAUSE THIS BUILD HAS A FREAKIN LOT OF PROJECTILES
Finish wave 161 near her spawn range. Deal with her a bit with chillspikes and 1-2 cast of RoH. When she’s gone mad, kite and movement rune out to the center of arena. Finish her after her aura run down.
video with 3 buff, 3 L1 storm beacon, and 1 L2 storm beacon:
5:08 clear time.
Current fastest, slowest is 5:30. Depend a lot in your positioning and rune play.
Haven’t played SR for a very long time.
Enjoy the true full set Runebinder!