Sheet DPS is Blade Burst.
Stats and damage shown for both are with passives, Pneumatic Burst and Lethal Assault active.
My gear is crafted for Slow resistance.
Craft gear for % crit damage if you want more offense or % armour if you want more defense.
In 126.96.36.199, Morgoneth released and a bunch of related items were added with him, many of which got random bonuses to Blitz and Blindside spread across them. As strange as it sounds, I was looking forward to seeing someone try Cold Blitz back then but I have yet to see it happen. Thus, I gave it a try myself and decided to post the result for community impressions and feedback.
With all that said, temper your expectations - it’s still S&B Blademaster.
- Blitz is our main cooldown nuke, effectively converted to pure Cold/Frostburn damage.
- In between Blitzes, we rotate around Amatok’s Breath and Blade Burst for ways to deal damage.
- All 3 skills are powered by Lethal Assault feeding flat damage into them.
- Defense comes from Fumble/Dodge/Deflect and OA shred from Nightblade, Overguard/Shield Training providing Shield boosts and Menhir’s Bulwark providing % Damage Absorption/Increased Healing and War Cry/Morgoneth’s ring providing enemy damage reduction in a wide area.
- Other notable defenses are Prismatic Diamond, Ghoulish Hunger, Menhir’s Will and Blade Barrier.
Blitz (Whirlpool): One of our cooldown abilities for dealing damage.
Overguard: Increases our shield’s effectiveness and provides damage absorption for a time.
Amarasta’s Blade Burst (Elemental Storm): Provides some damage output when Blitz and Amatok are on cooldown and a damage and Offensive Ability buff through it’s modifier.
Ring of Steel (Blizzard): Provides Fumble in an area around us.
Pneumatic Burst: Provides Dodge/Deflect and Defensive Ability.
Blade Barrier: 3 seconds of invincibility. Use it to intentionally block a strong attack like Aleksander’s Meteor or as a safety net if you are about to die.
Amatok’s Breath (Rumor): One of our core damage abilities after Blitz and Blade Burst.
Field Command (Ghoulish Hunger): Provides increased armour and Offensive/Defensive Ability.
Menhir’s Bulwark: Provides a myriad of defensive bonuses and a nice chunk of flat Physical damage that is partially or fully converted by our attacks.
Veil of Shadow: Provides OA strip, speed reduction and resist reduction.
Chilling Weapons: Increases our Cold damage dealt. The conversion is also welcome in a few places.
Frostdread Presence: Increases our Cold damage dealt all around.
Night’s Chill: -40% Cold resistance passively to all enemies around your character.
Elemental Storm: 32 reduced Elemental resistance to enemies inside the vortex.
Rumor: -23% Cold resistance as a debuff that spreads like a contagion.
Mythical Band of the Eternal Haunt: -10% Cold resistance as a debuff that spreads like a contagion.
Viper: 20% reduced target’s Elemental resistance applied by any and all our weapon-based attacks.
In total, this leaves us at -73% Cold resistance, 20% reduced and 32 reduced Elemental resistance. Not great but we gotta make do.
Night’s Chill can be slightly more/less depending on gear affixes like “of Shattering” or “of the Winter Storm”.
Split investment between Cunning and Physique to build up OA/DA. Feel free to change how much of either you want, I went with equal amounts pushing 2900+ in both.
- I highly recommend trying to get “of Amarasta’s Flurry” on one piece of your gear. The Chaos and Slow resistance fit us like a glove and it completes Lethal Assault at 22/12.
- Similarly, getting +1 to Lethal Assault for a completion bonus on your Nidalla’s Outbreak is advised.
- Look out for Elemental, Acid, Pierce, Chaos and Slow resistances on affixes when chasing after Infrequents.
Use Blade Burst, Ring of Steel, Blitz and Amatok’s Breath whenever they are off cooldown. Pneumatic Burst can be used off cooldown as well or can be kept and timed to heal off a glancing blow. Overguard if your health is dropping, Blade Barrier if your health drops too much or you can rely on Ghoulish Hunger.
Kills and Achievements