[1.1.7.0] The Antlion - Rimetongue Blade Trapper, Cold Caster Infiltrator

I wouldn’t go that far. SS big advantage is that it almost never misses and it’s the thing you almost always start and exchange with. It’s got 3 rolls (two from weapons and one from Nightfall) on the main target and another one roll per target in AoE (Nightfall). And it’s 51% each roll. Amatok has only one roll and the AoE is small, and the roll is less chance so you will miss a lot.

Matter of preference I guess. Even with that big roll, I still dislike binding it to SS because it disrupt my playstyle. Seal is just more convenient to me because I cast it a lot and it’s a continuous application with its 5 meter AoE auto attack.

This build would be amazing with soulrend too

Wow, impressive build!

I love Rimetongue set and I tried it as Infiltrator, but not anywhere near that polished or fast build. So nice to see Blade trap being utilized.

2 Likes

If you are using this same concept and supporting skill, it shouldn’t be.

Maybe it can work but you will not be using blade spirit + storm box, but it will be Shadow strike or ABB or RoS.

How are you man? Has your internet problem been resolved yet?

And there it is, a working BT build! :heart_eyes:

In the GT link above you missed to take the Storm Box Modifier, I think? Otherwise I don´t get the Offhand, or is Blade Spirit that strong with +1 Summon?

Have you tried Mythical Iskandra´s Texts as Offhand for additional -15% Ele Res? I guess the loss of 18% Cast Speed hurts a lot…

Edit: And the loss of full conversion, I see now. Guess the 10% Total Damage just dont make up for it.

In my first version of the build, I used farath’s cube for more RR n raw stats + chillwhisper dagger. Iskandra Offhand is basically provide the same stats to farath’s cube. It cleared 30-40 sec slower than this version.

Almost pure cold Blade spirit gives very noticeable damage, especially with 3 summoned. Its casting speed also provide a nice boost for chillspikes.

Updated screenshot for a more fitting transmog… :sunglasses:

And he’s happy to be in the OP too

1 Like

That’s super random, spanky!! :rofl:

1 Like

I wanted to ask if maybe this build was viable in any way with self found gear until its possible to farm the set items ?

I agree about Blade Trap! This is one of my favorite skills in the game, easily among the coolest and most fun to watch, and so satisfying when it locks down enemies. I usually use it on most of my NB characters, despite its reported uselessness. Seeing this build is very inspiring to a mostly casual player like me, knowing its endgame viable on one of these pro builds.

Didn’t know it was possible to trap bosses, so that is a HUGE motivation to build around. This is done largely by reducing enemy DA, then?

1 Like

Bosses have disgusting amounts of Blade res or other CC resistances.

But some sets procs like Mageslyer(Freeze) and Rimetongue(trap) lowers them. Same effect have the blue Luminari set and some individual gear.

But still is hard to trap bosses. Still is very cool and love to make orange crits everywhere :smiley:

For me personally, I’m drooling over the potential fun-factor of a trap build. My thought go immediately to the hourglass constellation devotion ability and Gildam Arcanum suffix… if you can get peak CDR on the trap while rocking the gear that lowers CC res on enemies… I wonder how rapidly you could throw out blade traps and lock shit down

I’d run this trapper as a support build in multiplayer, just for immobilizing enemies while my allies dole out the deathblows.

Oh Shikamaru Nara, I’ve finally found your role!

You can do blade trap in levelling, but not from the start. It will be only for killing mobs. You can’t trap bosses early because boss has high trap res and there is no low level gear or skill that can reduce trap res of enemy.

For levelling this build, I suggest just do it with Amarasta blade burst, then take blade trap much later for faster mob killing.

Blade trap has such a low CD, you don’t need aeon hourglass for that. Just simple offhand is enough.

I believe you, but I am more so approaching this from the scientific standpoint of, how far can the cooldown be reduced and what would the peak cast rate be with high cast speeds and CDR reduced as much as possible.

This would undoubtedly mean an imbalanced build that would be largely ineffective, but for the purposes of discovering the ceiling for this particular approach by pushing it to the absolute limit.

If the cooldown can be reduced to less than the amount of time it can trap bosses/nemesis for, theoretically in a 4 player group with roles clearly defined, you could severely cripple the enemy formations, bosses included.

The Antlion is coming back! With the new buffed northern wyrm and blade spirits, the build can finally raise from the dead after stormbox nerf!

Enjoy the blade trapper! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

sick build and sick result! Gratz on coming back so stronk!

1 Like

Nice use of that gun and monster results with an unintuitive build!

1 Like