12th June 2020, Update 2: Updated for new 184.108.40.206 patch with new MI medal and devo!
13th March 2020, Update 1: Updated for new 220.127.116.11 patch. Now features full pierce>cold conversion and 3x blade spirits!
Screenshot with all permanent buff + Word of Renewal, Pneumatic Burst, Deadly Aim, Lethal Assault, and Sitting on Inquisitor Seal.
DPS shown is Chillspikes
Old 18.104.22.168 GT when Chillspikes has more damage and tad bit more leech:
Old 22.214.171.124 GT when stormbox was still good:
- Your lovely blade trapper, maintaning its stats as top cruci clearer .
- Very comfortable in campaign with CC skill as main.
- (126.96.36.199 update) Previously 10 sec dummy kill with more chillspikes damage, now only 12-13 sec.
- No horn of gandarr needed.
- Need a lot of conversions
- Need to play smart for speedy cruci kills.
With the advent of 188.8.131.52 giving up to 60% pierce>cold conversion to northern wyrm, I decided to revisit this build again. After days of min maxing, testing, and finally a buff in blade spirit at 184.108.40.206, the build is finally ready!
This build is one of a kind, using a CC skill that is blade trap which is only usable in end game via rimetongue set. It’s trapping all kind of nemesis and bosses while dealing massive damage with full cold blade trap. Blade trap cannot work by itself though, so the build supporting it with full cold 3xblade spirit and full cold chillspikes with almost capped casting speed. The result is a crazy dps machine able to kill dummy in 10 sec and having a super massive AoE via Blade trap.
The build is not the tankiest in the game of course, it needs smart play. Blade trap need to be applied to various enemy horde to leech, do not concentrate in only one horde of enemy. In nemesis wave, you will want to isolate one nemesis and kill it first before the other come. Killing just one nemesis will increase your survivability a lot.
220.127.116.11 Update: Chillspikes nerf hurt the build a bit, leech is not enough anymore with the previous korvaak devo. But we got new Bloodfeast’s Mark medal for more duration and damage for blade trap and the rarely sighted plus to Devouring Blades!
If you are a noob or a pussy or both, to increase the tankiness of this build, you can:
- Use biting blades as opposed to chillspikes to have better leech
- Invest the rest of attribute points to physique
- Integrate Twin Fangs devo proc somehow
- Craft for whatever you want, Stun res and %physique will be good.
- Get 100% Pierce > Cold conversion.
- Get as max Vitality > Cold conversion as possible .
- Get as max Fire + Lightning > Cold conversion as possible.
- Rimetongue Set.
- Dread Sigils of Alkamos Set. [converting some pierce to cold, good stats overall, and decent proc]
- Main/Off Hand: Mythical Northern Wyrm. [Up to 60% pierce>Cold conversion, Fitting stats, craftable]
- Gloves: Mythical Chilling Grip of Hagarrad. [Converting up to 30% pierce to cold, relevant skill bonus, and good stats overall]
- Belt: Gargoyle Waistguard. [Buffed at 18.104.22.168 giving Vitality>Cold conversion and +Nightblade. Tempest prefix is BiS. Use whatever you like though.]
- Medal: Bloodfeast’s Mark. [New Blade trap medal from 22.214.171.124, extra duration and damage to Blade trap and rare plus to devouring blades. Get whatever you want for affixes. I want stalwart prefix but this is my best legit one I got.]
- Pants: Reaper’s Legguards. [Giving the required plus skills to blade spirits. Just get the one that gives a lot of stats and res]
- Boots: Mythical Amatok’s Step. [Very good cold boots with a lot of res and decent proc.]
- Relic: Nidalla’s Outbreak. [Current best Nightblade relic, especially because we are converting pierce damage. Get completion bonus for Lethal Assault]
- Movement Rune: Use whatever you like. I use Rune of Amatok’s Breath currently.
Cold based Devo for 2H ranged weapon with Scales
Rumor > to Chillspikes
Blizzard > to Inquisitor Seal
Hand of Ultos > to Blade Spirit
Tip of the Scales > to whatever permanent buff
Ghoulish Hunger > to whatever permanent buff
- LMB: Chillspikes
- RMB: Point to Move
- Mouse scroll up/down: Inquisitor Seal
- Keyboard 1: Movement Rune
- Keyboard 2: Blade Trap
- Keyboard 2: Amarasta’s Blade Burst
- Keyboard 3: Ice Wyrm’s Breath
- Keyboard 4: Word of Renewal
- Keyboard 5: Pneumatic Burst
Summon 3x Blade Spirits before action
Always have Word of renewal and Pneumatic Burst active or save it for heal.
Cast Blade Trap + Amarasta Blade Burst + Ice Wyrm’s Breath to enemy horde, always cast it to different horde of enemy when you have it ready.
Movement rune in
Summon inquisitor seal below you
Then hold your Chillspikes button while still casting Blade Trap + Amarasta Blade Burst + Ice Wyrm’s Breath every 1.8 sec.
In Trash waves, you want the enemies to surround you. In boss/nemesis wave, you want the enemies to be in front of you.
Do not chillspiking Mad Queen when she’s in rage mode
New 126.96.36.199 video with 3 buff, 3 L1 storm beacon, and 1 L2 storm beacon:
4:54 clear time.
I finally did sub 5 cruci! slowest is 5:30. Consistently clear cruci 4 times in one buff duration. As long as you know what you are doing.
4:32 cruci clear run using 4 buff + 3 L1 storm beacon by @Plasmodermic:
188.8.131.52 video with 3 buff, 3 L1 storm beacon, and 1 L2 storm beacon:
5:05 clear time.
184.108.40.206 Video for 170 Crucible, video with 4 buff without banner:
5:40 clear time.
Dunno, I’ve stopped playing SR. Might not be as good as the build need a lot of enemies to leech with blade trap and boss room doesn’t have many mobs and single target damage is not as high as before as chillspikes is nerfed yet again.
The Antlion saga continues…