[1.1.7.0]Uncle Ray Ray the Physical Aether Ray - Battlemage

Build updated to 1.1.7.0. Grimtools link still in 1.1.6.2 but no change is made after the update.

1.1.7.1 Update hit the build a bit, dps got reduced by about 6k so it perform similarly with the 1.1.6.2 version. Can still do SR 75, only death so far due to Alex meteor, bad positioning, and arcane mob.

Can someone please give me advice on how to level this? I am new to the game and still trying to wrap my head around builds and the order of things. Thanks!

Itā€™s a build that requires the purple gear in the GT to function. Basically level with OFF or forcewave until you can get the gear required, then respec.

What @Smitherson said, the build main equipment are the inashkor head, thankfully it and Krieg armor are easy to farm as they have specific monster that drop them. The amulet blueprint and relic blueprint is also a bit easier as theyā€™re sold/drop from tomb of heretic and ancient grove.

Leveling from beginning is much harder if you go straight for physical aar as there are not much item that cover elemental/aether conversion. So going 2h with blade arc or forcewave is easier as the latter scale with casting speed

I calculated the points in his build, taking into account all the gear bonuses and heā€™s 8 points over max. Am I missing something?

Wdym that there is 8 point over max? If you mean by attribute point, there is 99 from leveling, and 8 by quest from normal to ultimate.

I think he means skill points, one can hold down shift + ctrl in GT to see actual point invested

This still a good build for 1.9? I can see you split between cunning and physique, do you remember how much for each? This is perhaps one of the first that has all its resistances capped, but when I mouse over say fire it says 80% and 55% over maximum. Does that mean if it read fully then it would be like 130% of the cap?

you can just hover mouse over the GT and see how much is spent in each attribute

Depends on how you define good, for an AAR build my spec offer tankiness and using an easy to get item, since Krieg, Inashkor, and Deathstalker relic are a target specific drop. All of that come at the cost of having lower DPS since it canā€™t reach 26/16 AAR and 22/12 Disintegrate.

On that spec my target is to reach 1000 cunning or 400% physical damage from cunning. The rest is either more cunning or physique. But Iā€™ve made some change in some stat point, devotion, and equipment to the build, but Iā€™m still too lazy to update it.

I have tried to do that with OA and DA and that doesnā€™t work so didnā€™t think about it for attributes.

OA and DA part in grimtools will not show how many point in cunning or physique. If you mean that nothing show up when youā€™re hovering your mouse on grimtools then I donā€™t know.

I got that when I try and mouse over OA and DA I am looking for the % to hit/crit and be hit/critted.

I didnā€™t pay much attention to when you do conversion it might change the look of the ability ie fire only Calidorā€™s Tempest is red because fire is red, so what does AAR look like?

As for dps loss, its not always about what you dish out but what you can take. The best I have ever done is 59 Warlord EoR build. I shoulda died multiple times but I kept my resistances up and survived longer than I should have. Though lack of aether resistance is what got me, aether fire in Malmouth.

Oh about that, it can only be shown in game. If youā€™re interested, there is tool by @tqFan to know the percentage.

Crate consider physical damage is yellow, so AAR looks like a long piss.

:rofl: too funny

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2prlWJZ im going for this build only need to farm some better gears but does it great allrdy.