1.1.7.1 3 Sets completed, unable to do SR 65-66 or fight celestial bosses

Hi guys,

I just completed my first few sets like :

Ulzuin Infernal Avatar : Shieldbreaker

Krieg Armament : Death Knight

Ultos : Warder

I have maxed my resists and tried to get as much OA and DA as I can , but I am still dying on the boss room in shard 66. not to mention the big bosses, I normally just test with Avatar of Mogdrogen and he kicks my ass left and right.

I was kind of hoping full sets would really push me to the end game content, but I feel like my guys are still too weak.

Some guides for you to optimize your chars better:

Outdated but you can take some stuff from there for sure.

Up-to-date.

2 Likes

Avatar of Mog is no joke. You need a very high lightning resist overcap and also he is highly resistant to ANY kind of damage, so you have to stack RR and OA out the wazoo also if you want to get enough damage in to outdamage his self-healing.

As for SR, it takes a very well-rounded build to be able to just waltz in and stomp everything in the boss rooms. You need 20-30% overcaps on all your resists because Reaper etc. will shred them. You should ideally be capped on resists with no buffs on, because Grava will purge them off you. You need a reliable form of damage reduction. And you gotta know the bosses and their mechanics.

As I played Ultos Warder and haven’t played other build before, I’m going to suggest a few things about your warder. Firstly your build is not that bad.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26gdgpV

I suggest you use Savagery for it’s buff, you just gonna push the rmb when it’s duration over.(I don’t like it and also don’t like spamming Wind Devil but that’s Ultos Warder’s life :stuck_out_tongue:)
I changed your weapon augment to flat lightning damage one.
Changed the devotion path a bit, you lost some DA and armor however, you gained some OA, speed, lifesteal, damage and resistances.
Changed your medal, I don’t know if you have it.
Changed your skill lines a bit, you need Menhir’s Will atleast 8 points to save your life properly.
Keep Maelstrom at 7 so +1 maximum target makes it easier to proc binded devotion.

It has room for improvement ofc but as it is you can kill mogdrogen, lokarr and you should be able to do easily SR 65-66.
Changed your components and armor augments in order to balance things.
You also lost some mana regen so you might have to use potion once in a while in long combats.

Hi guys,

I just completed my first few sets and I still suck ass when trying to push.

I have maxed my resists and tried to get as much OA and DA as I can , but I am still dying on the boss room in shard 66. not to mention the big bosses, I normally just test with Avatar of Mogdrogen and he kicks my ass left and right.

I was kind of hoping full sets would really push me to the end game content, but I feel like my guys are still too weak.

No need for a new thread.

Save file with my warder
https://mega.nz/file/rSBHHaDJ#V6E_oi2slQ4hOeqN8RPeu03ogaGF6PBKQXGpAVFiPxE

That build have low damage and unfocused, that DA is just asking for the boss to crit you, not to mention low elemental overcap and chaos resist. No wonder you’re gonna struggle.

That build seems fine, try to redistribute your stat point, I think Physique can be reduced only to reach DA to about 2850, transfer all spirit and extra physique point to cunning to increase OA and get to at least 2800 or more

Warder has 120% crit, so you need min 3000 OA to get high crit chance and there are much better ways to get 3100+ OA than wasting points on cunning

Sadly I don’t have that medal, as far as Lightning, masteries and resistances that´´s the best one I have ATM.

I will try your changes to see if I can improve my performance.

I think part of my problem was approaching SR as if it was a rift in Diablo were you just blow things up .

How can I get to 3k OA withouth giving up % to damage and resistances? I think that is my main problem, how to balance all the starts and what is more important damage wise.

Is there any other “easy to get to” Boss to test the performance?

I can do most regular content no problem : Rogue like dungeons, Elite SR, Nemesis.

@mad_lee gave you a link to my warder above. Anubars are BiS rings same as medal and you should have 30% cdr to get 1 sec CD on rhowan’s crown

Lokarr and Morgoneth are easier than the superbosses but still a good barometer, harder than the Nemesis bosses but a reasonable build should be able to kill them both.

Lokarr is what I typically use for testing before I get up to Nemesis rank as well. Besides him, the roguelike Bosses work well. Rashalga is easy to reach as well and was the go-to test dummy for builds in vanilla GD.