[1.1.7.1-1.1.9.5*] Beginner's Physical Two-Hand melee Blade Arc Witchblade, suitable for first character!

Hello there , what was the reason for taking Tip the Scales ? I’m running a DeathKnight with a similar set up but I took Bard’s Harp instead.

Passive RR, heal and energy leech + boost to life steal, which is much needed stat.

And if you happen to drop Gladiators belt you can convert all flat vitality on the proc.

I have a L78 Chaos Damage, 20/16 Blade Arc (w/18/12 Laceration), 18% Life Leach, Witchblade using the Obsidian Juggernaut. I do okay with the damage, dps at 27,351 unbuffed and 64,872 w/toggled skills. My only beef with the class is the Energy usage. I run out of energy so dang fast. Is that the same with the Physical build?

As for Scales of Ulcama for the Life (would be nice to have more than 18%) and the Energy Leach (much needed for sure), don’t know why I didn’t see that earlier, what devotions should I swap out so I can get that? My devotions are as followed, Full 55 shrines:

Crossroad (Blue) --> Gallows then Lizard.
Crossroads (Red) --> Wretch then Viper then Jackal.
Go Dying God (did not take last point)–> Take away Blue from Crossroads.
Crossroads (Green) --> Fox then Kraken.
Take away Green and Red from Crossroads.
Go Behemoth, attached Solael’s Witchfire.
Take away all points from Viper.
Go Ghoul (attached Field Command) then Bat (attached Blade Arc).
Take away points from Jackal.
Go Witchblade (attached Blitz) then Revenant.
Crossroads Red and Yellow (still messing around with those 2 points)

I did some messing around already as I was leveling so I could get the Life Leach. That’s why I broke it down the way that I did, so that it would make sense. It works like a charm too. As long as the monster doesn’t throw an AOE on me, I can just face tank it. Of course I do use War Cry and the granted skill from the Obsidian Juggernaut.

If curious, my skills are…
Occultist: Solael’s Witchfire, Consecrated Blade, Second Rite, and Possession. Each one at max with an item that grants a +1 to all Skills and the Obsidian Juggernaut that grants +2 to all Occultist Skills and Oleron’s Wrath relic that grants another +1 to my Soldier Skills.

Soldier:
Markovian’s Advantage (1), Fighting Spirit (1), Zolhan’s Technique (1), Military Conditioning (1)
Blade Arc (16), Blitz (16), Laceration (12), War Cry (1), Blindside (12), Field Command (1),
Squad Tactics (12), and Scars of Battle (1). Of course the +3 to all skills from the two items equipped and some of the skills have further plus from other items, thus only (1) point in them.

Very simple play style too. I blitz in and face tank if I can. If not then I do a little dancing with my Obsidian Tremor from my weapon. Whenever I can Blitz back in, I will. It’s soooooo much fun.

1 Like

@Rawrbarian chaos Blade Arc is also possible, mind no native chaos RR either mastery. Also Juggernaut is lacking speed but that’s compensate by attack speed by both mastery bars.

• skills, remove points in Zolhan and Markovian, it’s stated in my guide that Blade Arc can’t trigger them.

• devotions, go for Dying God/Abomination combo. Also Kraken, Ghoul and Solael Witchblade for - RR attached to Blade Arc.
    Also try fitting Revenant.

• components should carry your energy regeneration. Arcane spark in medal for instance will be helpful.

Nery: My attack speed atm is 122%. I know it would be faster with a one handed weapon, but I currently have 2.18 attacks per second. Seems decent for a two hander. Good to know about Zolhan and Markovian, especially since I didn’t catch that earlier. I guess I had tunnel vision in regards to the Scales of Ulcama Devotion. That frees up 2 points, most likely for Mastery. I still have 4 points available. I have those Devotions and I dropped the Lizard for the Viper. I will check out the Arcane Spark for the Medal.

@Nery

Just letting ya know I haven’t stopped doing the build, I had to take a detour tho to work on this for a bit. Once I get it done, or mostly done, then I’ll pick back up on it :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification. The RR does not Stack with Break Morale , right ?

That’s correct. But Scales RR is single target on low cooldown, while Break Morale is AoE but on long CD.

1 Like

I am working through the Devotion stuff exactly as listed above, it is not working the way you have it spelled out. I can not remove purple and scholar’s light because one is required for Kraken and one for Ulzaad.

Can we please get an update here. I am new to the game and it still confuses me some.

Thanks!

Works for me. Are you sure you have completed all the devotions in the right order?

1 Like

Just retested and is still working, make sure you haven’t missed a step. To remove purple and green and still keep Kraken, you need to have first all 5 points in Ulzaad and full Hawk.

That’s so odd, I even used a potion to reset my points and tried again. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Run it through on grimtools until you work out where you’re messing up.

Good idea, thank you.

I dont know what I did before but I got it to work this time, thanks guys.

1 Like

I love seeing strong Witchblade builds because “Witchblade” is just the coolest name for a class in the game (even if I’m ultimately a Purifier/Pyromancer at heart).

1 Like

Thanks for the great beginner guide! :slight_smile:

At level 94-100 reset them with blue potion and invest most of points in cunning

Where do I get this “Blue Potion”?

1 Like

It’s given as part of a quest reward in the Ashes of Malmouth expansion. You will also get one which allows you to reset your devotions for free from another AoM quest.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment. :slightly_smiling_face:

I forgot name of potions but you get two of them each difficulty level doing Ashes of Malmouth quests, blue resets attributes and purple one devotions. One of them was granted in quest of saving Amala’s(?) father.

1 Like

Tonic of Reshaping(blue) for attribute reseting, Tonic of Clarity(purple) for devoting reseting. You’ll get one of each from the quests in every difficulty(Maybe even 2 Clarity 1 reshaping not sure). However, eventually you’ll have more Clarity and less Reshaping so use wisely :slight_smile:

2 Likes