[Tool] Grim Internals

Ironically the “sole author” fully understands her choice and is seemingly content with bearing this heavy burden considering that she has actively made this decision - a burden which is probably actually pretty light considering the app has had 3+ years of development put into it and is basically “complete” except for if she ever wishes to add new features - to update it after every patch likely requires minimal effort and time on her part (the changing of a few values I imagine). As long as she survives until Crate ceases development of Grim Dawn and manages to give Grim Internals that last update then after that it truly is smooth sailing for her. She’ll never need to update it again after that point unless she chooses to. Try not to get hit by a bus Glocken, ok? :wink:

I woulda thought that would occur to someone familiar with coding but perhaps I’m wrong.

1 Like

oki doki, u can’t find it with the explorer quick search (“top right” and whrite .ini and hit enter) when u are in the right direction?

top info: that’s the only 1 ini in the total game root folder :smiley:

awesome, thank you.

you’re welcome and no problem :+1:

Ah okay, thanks. I tried with multiple chars with and without GI, only got stuck with GI turned on so I thought it was entirely your fault. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Actually I can just save a position close to the waypoint and use GI teleport then. ^^

@GlockenGerda

Just thought I’d show you that I’ve been rebuilding GD Switcher finally - with some ‘extras’ for using GI…

1. Enable/Disable launching w/ GI (if present).

2. Enable/Disable Grim Cam (if present).

3. Set the Crucible Mode shortcut modifier based on a list of present installed mods.

4. And of course, Menu Switcher functionality for the custom menu files you made.

5. At the top you can see the ‘Mod Options’ tab - going to finally make mod management a thing, allowing people to associate their saves directly with their various mods and if enabled it will move mods and associated mod saves in and out so that only one mod (and its associated saves) are ‘active’ in GD at any one time.

The purpose being to prevent accidentally loading a character into the wrong mod and to keep it all better organized.

6. I’m also thinking that my Core Switcher functionality I’ll add in under the ‘Settings’ tab.

Right now it’s just pretty much the UI at the moment. I still need to get the underlying functionality all built and tied together - but I’m working at it, slowly but surely :wink:

8 Likes

That looks very promising! :smiley:
Looking forward to the final version.

1 Like

wooow this looks very nice :o
take your time bro :smiley:

1 Like

is there a way to get notifications for more than one suffix and one prefix?

No, there is no way.
There exists hundreds of affixes in the game.
If you could choose more than one prefix and one suffix to get a notification for, searching through all affixes would result in more micro stuttering every time an item dropped.

Also I had to rewrite the UI for the affix selection, and i don’t want that… :upside_down_face:

Edit: Alternative, if you’re using the rainbow filter: add special color codes for the affixes you’re looking for.

1 Like

thank you for the very fast reply. i’ll search the rainbow filter topic for ways to customize that.

So I got myself Grim Dawn while it was on steam sale. Realy love the game since I was intrested for a while in it. I installed Grim Internals in my steam folder and added it to my steam library.

Now When I open up GrimInternals from my Steam Library my char isnt appearing. When I open the normal Grim Dawn and close it and then start Grim Internals the char is there.
Is this normal ? And if not how do I get it to work with just starting GrimInternals ?

Yeah, that’s happend when cloud saving is enabled.

Disable cloud saving in game “game section” and on steam --> options --> cloud --> steam cloud syncro…

edit

and your chars must be transfer (copy&paste) from:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\your number\219990\remote\save

to: C:\Users\Your PC Name\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save

Important: Steam Cloud Save is not functioning properly when you launch Grim Internals!
To prevent possible data loss disable Cloud Saving!

Would it be possible to set an auto item pickup that takes into account the loot filter you set in the game, plus having a separate setting for a minimum item quality of rare or higher? I want to automatically pick up legendaries and epics, but also want to not pick up normal rares but only monster infrequents as set in the loot filter, for example. And in the beginning of a run with a character I would not want to pick up every magic or normal item despite having my loot filter show them so I’d be able to set that it only picks up rare or higher items so as to not quickly fill up my entire inventory.

Is it possible for the DPS to average over a longer period such as 5 or 10 seconds, i.e. a moving average? This would be useful for comparing DPS from gear. With it updating every second it jumps around too much from big procs to get a good idea of average DPS.

1 Like

Question, what lines in the ini file would need to be changed to make pets health bar bigger and like a blue? I tried doing a couple of things to the health bar and it didn’t work. Thanks in advance

I figured it out

I asked about the epics and legendaries…but the dev doesn’t like those auto-looted, so won’t happen :frowning: It would be great if it could loot anything that was dropped and we could just set stuff we want and don’t want like you mentioned.

Attack the training dummy in Homestead; the dealt DPS list shows the average
damage you did within a time frame of 5 secs.

Hi i installed and everything is working well i just cant get the menu to open full can anyone please help?

Open GrimInternals.ini from the game’s folder and increase Scale Factor to 1.25 or maybe 1.5

[Configurator]
VK_F1=112
VK_F5=116
ScaleFactor=1.25
1 Like