[1.1.7.1] Phantasmal Paradox: 5m Crucible Gladiator 150-170, SR 75-76 beastly vitality PB-caster Dervish [c+][sr+][vid]

I want to try Reaper version. I have the feeling of HoS change can outset nerfs. I doubt is better than Dervish, but it’s probably even better defensively. Also want to test different devotions, like Wendigo.

Anyway Dervish is very strong combo and this build proves it.

I think CDR alone is hard to beat on Dervish. Now add permanent Ascension on top of that and most importantly huge passive energy regeneration, it definitely makes a strong for one of the strongest archetypes in the game. That’s one of the reasons melee Venomblade Dervishes are so insane - they have access to CDR.

BTW, flat damage from HoS would not be noticeable imo.

Yes Dervish it looks way ahead for Demonslayer.

HoS, you’re right ofc. Interesting the melee Ritualist like my Dark One version should be better! Also my cold Reaper, unless it’s removed vit to Cold conversion.

@Nery nope conversion is still there and +1 nightblade skills

Damn, this was off-topic sorry madie

1 Like

Dark One Ritualist should be more or less immortal, very interesting to see it in action. Cold melee reaper in Deathmarked set with new green gargoyle belt can be a monster potentially.

1 Like

In the current patch, with demonslayer set. Would you recomend dervish or reaper?

I would say both are fine. Dervish got one of the powerhouse stats in the game - cooldown reduction. Also Ascension with Aeon is basically permanent. But Reaper have Mark of torment, damage reduction from Ravenous Earth, Spectral line is good. So you can’t go wrong.

Dervish is a bit stronger due to insane amount of synergy it has in Demonslayer setups. Reaper’s strong side is being less susceptible to nerfs :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thanks Nery and mad_lee!

1 Like

I’d say:

1. Dervish
  2. Witch hunter
  3. Reaper

Thanks again! Love it so far. How hard was the nerf from the recent patch? Still viable for SR/Crucible?

Still very much a beast. So viable, yeah.

1.1.4.2 Update

Build is still a beast capable of consistent 6 minute Crucible farms. Despite all the nerfs. So no changes to GT. Added some videos of Crucible runs:

5:57 Crucible 150-170 1.1.4.2 run

6:02 Vitality res mutator 1.1.4.2 Crucible run

6:31 Vitality res mutator 1.1.4.2 Crucible run

Cheers for that! Demonslayer is my favorite non melee build in GD. So naturally I play it like full steam DW melee :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wish DW melee were as tanky as this Demonslayer.

What is the minimum %Cooldown reduction for perma Ascension?

Ehhh, don’t know for certain. This build has 38% with max CDR rolls and it’s barely enough. With Aeon of course.

Ok but you do proc Aeon with Judgment ? You wrote about proccing it via Vire’s Might but in GT it is assigned to Judgment. If so do you spam it or only press every ~ 10 seconds?
Do you use any macros or do that manually?

Yes, I do. It’s basically an “Aeon button”. 1 skill point investment for a 100% chance of activation.

I used to proc it via Vire, but changed it after John Smith made a run with my build. Vire is still a viable option but Judgment is easier and safer.
I do press it manually (never played with Macros) every 10 seconds. I try to proc it as soon as I turn Ascension on so I can see that cooldown time has been decreased. I proc it for the second time after I turn on Ascension for the second time.

1 Like

Top-rolled offhand plus Aeon should be enough. Will still leave a few second holes, though. No Aeon = impossible (would take 58% cdr).