[1.1.7.1] Sonya The Devastator - vital devastation spellbinder SR110/superbosses

What a hell of a build! I’ll try it soon!

Thanks for posting!

Maybe cuz ADcTH and CD reduction on Fang.

Thank you!
First of all - RR, the second - cdr, the third - lifesteal improves bat, scales and acid purge, helps a bit.
And I don’t need extra skillpoints.

3 Likes

Something I’ll look into! cheers!

1 Like

This is a really cool build and concept. I am curious, has anyone built something with similar effect using the spellscourge set? You don’t have -% resistance reduction, but you would have permanent devastation and almost permanent overguard.

Thank you.
There is a spellscourge battlemage build

1 Like

Playing this build yesterday i can say, after watching the videos, @supertolik is a insane pilot!

I’m having some troubles with some Nemesis and SR 75+ :zantai:

Spellbinder has MoE and MoT, always was one of the most immortal class. Add in Vitality damage, and it isn’t that surprising.

Great build :smiley:.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
For me it is surprising because vitality usually doesn’t thrive in single RR classes and devastation doesn’t strike me as a strong skill either.

It gets some help on the RR front with the additional RR to Ill Omen. Still not double mastery levels but Vitality RR in the area of 140-160 isn’t bad.

Really though, I think the thing that makes up for it is the raw power on Devastation here. The skill mods to it on Diviner coupled with it being pure damage are insane. Putting it into perspective for supertolik’s character - every projectile does 960-1114 base Vitality damage, 10 of them get dropped per second in an area just a touch bigger than Ring of Steel and he has almost full uptime on this.

It basically is double RR mastery level. -68% RR from itemisation, pretty huge.

And yeah, Diviner +1 projectile is a huge DPS increase to Devastation.

I’m getting one-shoted by some heroes monsters, but on the other hand melting with no effort Lokkar, Grava, Morgo, that tree boss at Ancient Groove…

What a mistery…

I’m trying to figure out what i’m doing wrong.

The phys resist of this build looks pretty low, maybe that is the reason?

This is a stroke of genius. They nerfed Spellbinders by putting aether to cold conversion on Star Pact. So, just use Vitality instead. What’s the problem? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Vitality Spellbinder only got buffed to be pretty good/worth picking Arcanist on Vitality casters with a handful of items like Gaze of Ungoliax. This is a new development compared to Aether Spellbinders which were popular many updates ago. The two aren’t really that comparable in the way you describe.

You’re right, not like there was a huge variety in Aether builds either but definitely Vitality was not something you would consider at endgame before. And here there’s no Aeon’s Hourglass to abuse Mirror/Torment. Just a really good build with a godlike pilot.

Sonya has 20% more CDR due to taking C’thon dagger, Star Pact + the suffix on the amulet. Good stun res from medal, Topaz. 135% move speed instead of 124%. More RR taken from a lot of different sources. Capping Devastation by getting more points from the MI roll. Intentionally not emphasizing cast speed because it doesn’t matter here. It’s a lot of things that add up.

Why is it not in the build compendium?

Because the author didn’t bother to submit a triple stamped application paper. :rofl:

1 Like

Crate Entertainment forum bureaucracy is strict :expressionless:.