[1.1.7.2 - 1.1.9.0] (DW Melee) Ice, ice, baby - Mageslayer Spellbreaker [c+] [sr+]

Ehh, nothing to say, actually. Never expected myself to make a build once more but suddenly thought I wanna some kind of a Spellbreaker build - and here it is.

1.1.9.0 UPDATE: changed pants and some minor stuff, also invested more points in spirit. Build is still cool and fun to play. Updated Crucible video, for SR everything is all the same.

1.1.9.0 GRIMTOOLS LINK - CLICK ME

%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%85%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%BA%D0%B5%D1%80

1.1.8.0 UPDATE: shuffled augments a bit. Better resists, damage and HP pool.

GRIMTOOLS LINK - CLICK ME

GRIMTOOLS LINK - CLICK ME

DOWNLOAD LINK - CLICK ME

GEAR EXPLANATION

• Armor - BiS, core of the build;
  • Weapons - two Chillstrifes are must-have but affixes are not that important. Sth like “Frostborn of Alacrity” would perform only slightly worse than double-rares;
  • Pants - chose these ones for a huge bunch of resists and + to LA;
  • Rings - actually, these are the best ones; Anubar+Haunt are also possible but worse

PROS AND CONS OF THE BUILD

PROS

• High damage due to nice RR (sth like -140%) and good map control;
  • Can freeze almost everything;

CONS

• Some enemies cannot be frozen by any means.

BUILD PERFORMANCE

LOKARR

CRUCIBLE

SHATTERED REALM

Special thanks to all Safarel Discord Community.

17 Likes

Let’s try this thread again…

Well, I made some more SR runs and understood - Duchy was right. The build is absolutely unplayable.
Here’s some more evidence of how bad it is:

6 Likes

Cool build!

I like Mageslayer set for freezing enemies and going DW you gain access to Nightblade’s strengths.

Question, how does weapons with OFF mods stand vs Chillstrifes?

2 Likes

nice question tbh :stuck_out_tongue:
I actually didn’t test it (speaking about Spectral Bludgeon as it’s the one possible competitor to Chillstrife here, imo) but maybe would give it a try.
Anyway, it was tested by grey-maybe that it’s enough having only Mageslayer, 13 points in OFF and Hourglass to permafreeze enemies so Bludgeon may be an overkill here.
(and I actually have little issues with freezing enemies)

1 Like

Interesting idea… I will check this out

build updated for 1.1.8.0, some tweaks for better but results are ± the same.

4 Likes

Hey!

Want to try this out, but I have tried and tried in the past to farm the Alkamo’s rings and no success…

Is there any alternative you would recommend for both ring slots?

Also, I’m gonna level this from scratch, should I try OFF right off the bat, or go with something else?

edit: just noticed you have beronath’s fury in your bar… how does it work? Do you use it a lot to try keeping the charges up?

1 Like

anubar+eternal haunt combo is also possible but is weaker than Alkamos’ rings.

one of teh commen ways is to use OFF and fireball from component for lvling, yes

I use it a lot as it’s my AA and the build hits by hand, OFF is just for CC.

build updated for 1.1.9.0

2 Likes
1 Like

anyway of working the meteor devo into this build ? that would be a killer "-)

Oh, that totally depends on your definition of working. Taking it would be easy, but taking it so that the build won’t become worse is another matter entirely, to the point that it might be better to change the class.

3 Likes

i see your point thanks for the reply . time to theory craft and test then !