[1.1.7.2] The Melee King - maximum damage DW pierce Cadence Blademaster (sub 5 min Crucible, SR75-76)

Hey whatever works :smiley: Was not the experience i had. Even 1x T2 beacon was far better than Vanguard. I wonā€™t even after patch notes go live.

But this entire conversation inspired me to go for a purple belgo no nuff/banner run after the fun green naked vid I made. Belgo will go full circle then, for me at least :slight_smile: . Made a couple of test runs yesterday and with a horribly tweaked purple that had like 10 elemental overcap (I changed the devos) and Armored mutator (my luck), i got it up to 168 where I got greedy cause I was enjoying myself a bit too much.

but iā€™ll tweak it up properly today. Using Azraaka btw. Would be very hard without it. They donā€™t have to go far, but keep the pressure in your proximity to kill aggro faster. I donā€™t use them to kill stray AI

When doing speedruns, indeed. I get upset about that tooā€¦vocally upset. But in naked runs for example I love that it all changes. Itā€™s not about aggroing everything as fast as possible but prioritizing really well all over the map. You have to actually think a lot more and I guess i kind of missed that. I get upset at my own mistakes and not things i cannot control that well

Lol this gives me PTSD. Smells like FPS BS. With my 6-12 fps I used to get Nems bug out a lot more often. After upgrading my PC it rarely happens with Nems now. Just trash mobs or trash heroes sometimesā€¦not that itā€™s any less annoying to use rune and SS across the map for nothing

For Beacon fans, hopefully Inferno will be more popular among certain builds next patch :wink:

1 Like

Imo too much mumbling about these banners and buffs. If you ask me, simply remove them banners and its done. Ffs i would even vouch for the removal of buffs too.

So people would be paying 10 bucks for a game mod that is a complete torture fully beatable just by very few builds and not on the regular basis?

Yes, cause obviously not anyone should be able to do a full crucible run. Thatā€™s how you make a difference between tryharders and amateur players. Every game has that :).

1 Like

Didnā€™t we used to have this mode before?

Ah yes the DA meta, where every Crucible build had 5k and Nemesis have 3% chance to hit you and basically reduced damage all the way. And your biggest problem is to outdamage blood pools by double Kuba, so the recommended advice was alt+F4. Builds used to do one 150-170 run in 20-24 minutes. Such joyous times @romanN1 :wink:

So Crucible without buffs and banners will either need huge exploits like this or will wipe out all the diversity, cause not a lot of builds can complete Crucible naked.

1 Like

If a playerā€™s choice to finish 150-170 naked is stacking tons of DA, iā€™m sorry Nery, i call that player a cheapskate and a lazy ass :D. Thatā€™s not even called piloting. And iā€™m pretty sure 90% of the build can do naked if setup and piloted properly :D.

1 Like

So you are basically suggesting a 10$ game mod that can be cheesed by something like DA meta (but shouldnā€™t because of some kind of a hardcore player honour code) and that can only be completed by the very dedicated pilots aka people who complete hardest levels in Mario World or speedrun Meat Boy.

Yeah, that will fail on so many levels. Arpg should be much less about mechanical skill and more about understanding the gameā€™s mechanics and making them work in your favour. Otherwise I would just play DOTA or Counter-Strike or something like Sekiro or Mario World.

1 Like

I didnt see spanks or John cheesing with DA meta. So yeah i think its possible. Thereā€™s absolutely no shame for you, me or whoever else to say ā€œi cannot complete crucible nakedā€. But from that to shifting the meta based on your own convenience is a long road. Firstly, standard runs were 4+1, than suddenly they became 3+1 under the argument that ulzuinā€™s ā€œenables buildsā€ and now its full 4 buffs with RR map wide and free aggro on top of it. Keeping things like this we might as well make crucible afk builds, dont we? Open your eyes please.

Wash your mouth with soap, son! :rofl:

(This is how I beat Crucible with my Trickster for the 1st time!)

3 Likes

Imagine i said that under the circumstances that i myself am not a naked player

All good. I know I am ā€œnot-the-best-pilotā€, to say the least. :joy:

Hey, I even ruined my mouse; my left mouse-button got stuck because I pressed too hard to beat the crap out of bosses.

If i may enter this descussionā€¦ in my thread :smile:

My ideal GD is where the build you are making is unversal and absolute: you know what youā€™ve built, you know, what you are getting, and you can count only on it.

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t really like banners or buffs even though they add another layer of customization which iā€™m usually all for.
And i donā€™t really like the mutators as well. Donā€™t wanna offend anyone but if the devs wanted to spice up things in the endgame a little bit, mutators were one of the laziest and disturbing decisions to make.

Personally iā€™d prefer to play without all that and to spend earned tributes on better loot.

But Crucible without banners would need some rework. Currently the two main problems are

1. stupidly high speed of many monsters
  2. amount of different and longlasting debuffs they can stack on you

Because of these two points (and not because of sheer power of monsters) naked Crucible is unplayable for the vast majority of builds. This gamemode, when you are unlucky, can basically invalidate any character movement which is a crucial component of a real time arpg.

If the speed of the fast bosses was significantly reduced and their debuffs unified (or their duration heavily reduced) weā€™d have a whole different gamemode, where the answer to the threats would indeed be careful piloting and not ā€œbuild your char to facetank anything 100% of the timeā€.

1 Like

At last someone actually gave thought to this. I totally support this. But keep in mind, Crucible nemesis for example are easier to kill than campaign ones. I bet you wouldnt wanna face the campaign kuba or grava in there haha.

If Crate started removing everything thereā€™s too much mumbling aboutā€¦

That is not true. There are builds like Runebinder, Venomblade, etc, which got no business in naked Crucible. Possible to clear, ofc, but not really to farm unless to really sell their souls for defense.

DA meta was over long ago. Itā€™s not a recent thing.

Thatā€™s not true. Meta was 3+1 for the longest time. It was based on the principle of tribute sustainability. That principle was slightly compromised in 4+3 now as you come out 1 tribute short after 3 runs. 4+1 was never a thing - outside exotic concepts that couldnā€™t sustain energy otherwise - because you come out 5 tributes short meaning you gotta do 1-10 almost every run.

Honestly i dont see the point of mentioning the tribute shortage as long as 99% of the speedrun builds are stashed.

Sure but a standard was created in order to compare and discuss builds. That standard was based on a principle that just happens to accommodate for legit players, and it stuck despite 99.9% legit players can never dream of sub-5. It doesnā€™t change the fact that such a standard is needed.

This is also why this discussion continues. If T1 beacons are made useless, ppl will have a hard time trying to keep using beacons at all because of tribute sustainability.

Very true, therefor i think tributes should server a different purpose that actually helps a player progress with his build rather than just creating additional circumstances for a build to function.

Imo speaking about Crucible buffed I tried my beginners builds and I canā€™t beat 170. Even Dark One without other legendary gear canā€™t do it. And thatā€™s with buufs+banners and vitality build and me as experienced player.

Unbuffed will be curse to most builds and players. I agree such drastic change will need massive balancing, doubt itā€™s gonna happen at this point of development, no matter what players will say.

That was way before they started posting builds. But every Crucible player did it and unless youā€™re Spellbinder itā€™s almost impossible to beat it without cheesing it to the point nothing hits you. Fumble, debuffs and bigger damage. Hell even in early Crucible you can be stripped by Arcane heroes. So Crucible have gone long way to allow such diversity as nowā€¦

Well there are two ways of balancing the thing. Either devs tone down the enemies in Crucible, either they take a decent build that can do naked consistently if piloted properly, check the times in which it can do the full run, and further adapt the other sets, skills, etc. to that. I think the first way is the easiest one ofc. and further based on that they can buff or nerf other builds that are over or underperforming. Doing this, not only that the balance will be 100% objective, but also the run will be 100% build and player skill, not other 3rd party dependencies (buffs, banners, beacons).

Bump for 1.1.6.2

The build feels more or less the same in Crucible meaning it is a little stronger in SR now.

2 Likes