[1.2.0.3] Thunder and Lightning - Upheaval Ultos Warder [c+] [sr]

Thank you for the prompt reply!!

1 Like

Got some troubles with YT upload, so update will be as soon as possible

2 Likes

UPDATE 1.1.6.2 : Added new GT link, new videos. Helm was crafted to slow res. Still no problems with Lokarr and Avatar. I want to thank @grey-maybe for SR 90 vid and helping with the build

2 Likes

Hi @Slev1n nicely optimized Warder! Just one question: Why don’t you use Storm Totem instead of Vines to proc Elemental Storm? It lives for quarter minute = less casting, and it actually deals dmg. And better procs if you so wish as you can have three of them for thrice the proc chance.

1 Like

Storm totem will activate it on a random target in 5m and the vines on the closest target

I have tested Storm totems. Its pretty good if you have 30+ CDR to get 1 sec cooldown on Elemental Storm. So thank you for idea

Made a good run with ele res at 161-170

Hi @Slev1n. Many thanks for the guide. This is my first time I play GD after many years in PoE, and I chose warder quite blindly as I wanted just to wield 2H sword and facetank most of the content (instead of blowing two screens away in zoom-zoom style). Thanks to your guide I made it to SR65 on ultimate and I can farm quite reliably SR75-76 on elite. Unfortunately, I do not have every piece of gear as in the guide, so I had to find substitutes: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GYmPLZ

• What should I prioritize to reliably farm SR75-76 also on ultimate (like it seems the rings take ages to farm)? Is this a matter of a build or rather my poor piloting?
  • Why do you use the vines to proc arcane bomb? The slow seems not to apply to bosses, and trash blows-up anyway.
  • How much should I overcap the resistances?
  • How much OA should I have, as you and many others seem to prioritize OA over DA. I have read the mechanics, but it is still confusing to get the feeling how much big crits help the survivability via leech.
  • How important is it to get 80% slow resistance?

Many thanks for answering noob questions :slight_smile:

Anubar rings are BiS here but you can stay with those while you don’t get anubars. Raging tempest shold be maxed due RR. Helm should be crafted to physical same as Farseer medal. CDR in final build must be 30% min. Its a bad idea to bind crown on healing totem - you need storm totem. Your gloves are ok, try to find Runesinged. Tenacity of the boar sold be maxed same - it is your slow res. I don’t like pants
If you want, I can give you save file
I reworked build and there is no more vines. Its on gt link
All overcaps for ultos warder +/- same as in gt, but it will never be ideal due to rolls
I have 3100 OA with savagery, thats enough.
Slow res is 1 of most important CC-resistances in game for mele builds, so you should try to get 80+ (in my spec its about 80+5)

if you have troubles in SR, I would recommend to invest some points in Warcry (softcap is more than enough). Damage Reduction in some situations is vital.

Thank you @Slev1n and @grey-maybe for your help!

I pushed SR from 65 to 70 after small modifications to skills and bindings suggested by @Slev1n. I have noted down when I died, and these were 7 times in boss room and twice in maps, but these were also related to nemesis bosses. Thus, I think that I will stay without warcry (I actually had warcry before - in main campaign - I loved it). The boss deaths were simply due to my bad piloting and not being fully familiar with the bosses. For instance, the Mad Queen killed me 4 times, but I still do not understand her mechanics. The other 3 deaths were due to having too many bosses on me at the same time. However, then I tried to run from 70 to 75, but this time I got mods with -75% life regeneration and -20% armor for myself and +70% life, +15% resists for monsters. Meeting Grava’Thul was a no go for this run - he was killing me with 2-3 hits (and it was not related to his pink projectiles as I dodged them every time).

@Slev1n Thanks for the save file but I will try to farm things on my own. I like SSF - maybe a little masochistic but satisfactory. For the pants, I have finally found the ones you are suggesting, but it felt more squishy. Probably it is about having the exact combination of items. I will do some more farming to get the items that you posted.

1 Like

Killing Mad Queen in SR is actually an achievement, she is complety broken in terms of damage. (She is harder than some of the SR85 shattered bosses)
About Grava - common problem for melee builds, especially for lightning and fire. So sanctified bone in chest slot is always BiS for them.

@grey-maybe Many thanks for the tip! This explains why I see so many of the sanctified bones in the guides when it felt to me that there are way better components in this place. I have put the sanctified bone in second ultos armor, and crafted another mark of the farseer with black tallow (to use it as backup). I swapped the items whenever I saw Grava’Thul, and managed to get from 70 to 75. However, it is still a matter of mods I think. Some 75-76 runs are very smooth, some I still brick. But it feels very satisfactory to get there anyway! I will stick with elite, however, as it seems to be more efficient to farm.

UPDATE 1.1.7.1 : Little update. 0 changes to the build, but added new Crucible run and new images. All items were crafted to %Physique

1 Like

Alright, so I was planning on using the Google Doc for the devotion guide but it looks like the author deleted it. Would it be possible to add a devotion guide for this build? Which ones to go to first, refund etc? Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

1. Green dot in crossroads
  2. Spider
  3. Remove green dot in crossroads
  4. Purple dot in crossroads
  5. Toad
  6. Rhowan’s Crown
  7. Remove purple dot in crossroads
  8. Red dot in crossroads
  9. Ghoul
  10. Remove red dot in crossroads
  11. Viper
  12. Sailor’s Guide