[1.1.8.1-1.2.0.0] Smashadin Reloaded: All Celestials, SR 100 (vid) - Can't dodge Sunder? Just tank it!

Got the same Bargoll’s Root in Ancient Grove:

Imgur

Looks like this is another build I’ll have to try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice build :slight_smile:

May I ask why the siegebreaker shield is bis though ? I thought a kalis kah shield with good rolls would be stronger.

It’s true that Kalis Ka can roll with higher physical resistance and has a bunch of % damage. However I think the flat damage, the rr on WoP modifier, weapon damage on shattering smash and the proc (3x 100% weapon damage shotgun) more than make up for it. Would need to test dummy kill time though, which I haven’t done. Also, the max pierce resistance is nothing to sneeze at either.

Yeah true, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply ^^

Found your build searching for meele builds pressing a bit more buttons than just LMB :smiley:
Seems dead though cause of the 1.1.9.6 nerfes right? What ist your point of view on the patch?

Why is it dead? Core mechanics remained same, nerfs did not change the archetype at all. The build looks viable still :man_shrugging:.

2 Likes

Still very much viable

Updated for 1.2.

Made some big changes in gear and devos. Now stronger than ever.

Added new videos for SR and every Celestial fight I could re-record.

3 Likes

So, Crate boss has sunder in 1.2 :thinking:. As if he was not hard enough.

Don’t you think Phys res is too low? Looks a bit squishy to me for this reason :thinking:

Seriously though, it’s probably 80% Phys res on your character in 1.2 with not average rolls :laughing:

1 Like

Would be 83 if I had max phys res roll on weapon!

1 Like

That’s a really tanky bastard, congrats on this amazing build

Very nice!

I am thinking about making a melee paladin for the upcoming 1.2 and this is very useful!

Thanks for posting!

1 Like

For levelling what do you advise?
I mean, can i level with this skill/build(more or less) without problem or do you advice doing something else?

Many thanks!

You can find my Paladin leveling guide here [1.1.9.8-1.2] Beginner Lightning Rune Paladin - With leveling guide, budget setup, end game version
This is a lightning build however, so you’ll have to respec everything and re-level devotions once you switch to RF build.

If you want to play physical so you don’t have to relevel everything, you could adapt this [1.1.9.8] Beginner's DW ranged physical Warlord A.K.A How to grow a banana yourselves! to paladin; this is mainly oathkeeper build anyway.

If you wanna play shield melee out of the box, you can use Kalis’Ka shield + Bargoll root and faction gear similar to what the above warlord has. Will be a slow start, as most RF builds are, but should be good enough.

2 Likes

Physical Kalastor can be leveled with too I think so that you don’t have to change devos.
With some other damage source like Guardians for example. There are bunch of Elemental → Phys items available.

1 Like

Thanks to you both!

Great build man! Super fun to play

1 Like

Has anyone tested the build in the beta? I wondering how the phys resist changes affected it.

on sheet appearances not very affected, didn’t even lose 10%phys res, somehow @_@

haven’t tried it against celestials, since they are pretty tough on 1.2.1ptr, but it still facetanks all sunders on sr 75-76 atleast

edit
can tank ravager sunder - but i failed to kill him because Purple/keep getting hit by nulli despite hiding behind objects @_@
couldn’t survive Calla, not enough healing, with more healing i think it can facetank her through sunder

1 Like