[1.1.8.1] Drain Essence Death Knight -> CR 4:21 + 170ex naked 5:30/ SR 110/ Ravager 1:18 + Callagadra 1:27 + Mogdrogen + Crate

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8814

click on those mobs to see their spawn locations etc

2 Likes

@GinSchiffer There are monsters who drop it:
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8814

Outside of SoT or direct monsters farming you can drop this shield from running SR.

1 Like

@Ulvar1 @AlkamosHater
thank you both very much for the information and fast response!

1 Like

@AlkamosHater Hello. I’d like to try this build out but wondering did it get any nerfs since you posted it? If so how does it hold up?

Retals took a lot of nerfs in last patch but from my tests it’s not that bad. Retal drain essence is still in very good state.

1 Like

I can confirm. I’ve run both this version and afanasenkov’s version on the most recent patch, and it still annihilates everything. I actually like to use it as a lazy farmer and just run it with movement skill and DE on mouse. It’s immensely lazy and satisfying. Cleared some higher SRs than I should have been able to that way lol.

2 Likes

Farming with GDstashed builds :slight_smile: kinda defeat the puropse. But whatever floats your boat man

@x1x1x1x2 made retal de spellbinder and it was sub5 in crucible too, probably very good in SR too because it’s binder :smile:

1 Like

As long as mark+mirror exists it will survive. It’s squishier than the other retal DE builds tho from what I’ve tried mainly because I used mirror everytime it was on cooldown to burst stuff.

2 Likes

Binder always has and always will be my fav class combo. TOO much versatility.

1 Like

did this build survive the last 2 patches?

I’d laugh at anyone who will say retal is dead.

3 double rares

As would I. And not a mere chuckle or guffaw - a full on “you are mentally damaged beyond repair” laugh

is there any update for this build on 1.9 ?

Everything stays as before, changes are not needed :wink:

1 Like

On the beta for 1.1.9.2 this build still does well. What you you recommend instead of “of blades” now though?

1 Like

Is this build still viable for 1.9.3?

Why not use Fewmet Grips? Arent those strictly better, than current gauntlets?

Did something related to energy changed? I have to look at my energy bar all the time and use elixir almost as soon as it’s cd is over, else i’ll lose half of my auras (flat energy per second usage). I already had to throw away nice item cause it had +2 to DE, raising it’s cost even higher :frowning: