[1.1.8.1] Fire Shield Throw Paladin from scratch - build journal and guide

Thanks! I try my best, thanks for tips and inspiration of format

That would be an honor! Looking forward to your final result of build :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey man, really like the layout of this guide! Looking forward to the Leveling sections! Great tool that makes following the build much easier for noobs such as myself! The best guides (in my opinion) have used this approach and I can attest to their effectiveness (@Contragor’s Immortal Army and @Nery’s Beginner’s Vitality Caster Conjurer).

EDIT: Sorry i should say, SOME OF the best guides (in my opinion). Im breaking the no-posting-on-forums-while-at-work rule so im going to stop.

1 Like

Thanks buddy, I hope I can fill the layout with some nice content also :wink:

1 Like

Its already looking great! I have never posted a build, and one day I aspire to do so. I am sure it is not a very simple process- a lot of work goes into it I imagine. I appreciate those who share their builds as contributions to this community and hope to one day follow your lead and begin posting builds of my own, so I am inspired by this. Thank you for sharing it!

2 Likes

I spent more than 1 hour just to figure out how to get color on text that is hidden and asked Nery for help lol

glad of be inspiration, I only member a few weeks but this place is sooo nice compared to reddit :slight_smile: you guys like do all kinds of nice things and I never thought of making a guide for beginners in the first place but hey I played like 3k hours and maybe I can pass on some tips and tricks

2 Likes

Yeah most people here are really cool and helpful. I am in the same boat of almost 3100 hours in game, but I still feel like a noob lol. But seeing others like you who are in similar situation posting builds, I am feeling more comfortable about it too. So I might finally try it as well! I may ask you guys for help when I try.

Same here. Never thought I would make beginners guides but was inspired by Malawiglenn’s and we had many great conversations. So after making these guides, it gives other players motivation to follow, passing the torch sort of.

And it’s cool to see yours and @rorschach Paladins and am sure if @knife decide to make guide in future it will be cool as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@knife will make aegis build with apotochary set :smiley:

2 Likes

Now you’re talking! Haha!

1 Like

Shield and Heal! :shield: :syringe:

2 Likes

Thanks, I start the game and you help me a lot.

1 Like

Good luck! Gonna try to write rest of guide some day :slight_smile:

I have updated a bit, left to write is about itemizations, farming and how to get blue “tanky” devotion map. Also wanna add some end-game gear builds with virtue set :slight_smile:

1 Like

Guide is finally completed :smiley:

4 Likes

Guide is looking incredible, so detailed and well made!

1 Like

Thanks nery and thanks for all formatting help and inspiration with your awesome guides :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great guide! I recently came back to the game after a 3 year hiatus. Currently lvl 70 playing on veteran. I wanted to try FG and get a feel for the game.

I was using an axe and just switched to the gun …got like a 10k boost to Aegis lol.
Thanks for the hard work on the guide.

I had been leveling this pally build [1.1.9.0] Empyrion's Judge - Paladin - Crucible 4:42 and got him to 79, but he takes a lot of damage - always. Maybe I’m just not that good of a player. Then I saw this build and decided to try it. Currently L43 and LOVING it. Just wanted to say what a GREAT guide and hope to see more from you in the future.

2 Likes

He hasn’t logged on the forum for 4 months now unfortunately.