[1.1.8.1] Physical Retaliation Warlord (3 builds, EoR included) -> Crucible 4:30-4:55/ SR 105-110/ Ravager 0:48-1:12 + Callagadra 0:54-1:33 + Crate boss facetank/ 75-76 farmer / Bonus SR 135 video with tank setup

Runes are not so important, take any of it (teleport/charge type) and it’s going to be okay.

Overlord prefix may be hard to get but build is going to work with just Zolhans well, do not feel any pressure for it. Rare shield with massive physical resistances matters in sr100+ which I guess is not your current target.

Easiest way to play it - put all your temporary buffs every cooldown (Absolution/Overguard/Ascenscion, do not care about rotations really), use War Cry every cooldown and slash enemies with Righteous Fervor, nothing more is needed to be succesful.

Thanks for all the help. Now I’ ve gathered all the items and hit level 100, this is how my build looks like:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKqnkxV

It would be great if you could just help me to tune my build with the final modifications:

-Attributes distribution: All physique or all cunning?
-Devotion: any changes now? Im not going to hit SR +100 , but want to kill every single celestial in game.
-Components and augments: thanks for suggesting them
-Skill distribution: please feel fre to modify it. I put one pint in smite and Zoltan Technique, just saw it somewhere, dont know if it worths and those points are more usefull elsewhere.

Also got a few questions:

-Does the skills brutal shield slam, blitz and vires might have are usefull at all? I really dont know when to use them, once having the charge skill from rune.

Atm im farming Kymons infmay reputation to unlock the Iron Maiden and get those Shoulders, I fell like farming for them more than just trading.

Thanks

Try to get all skill points from quests, it’s important.
Final form can be something like this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2j5gvlN - switched devotions for more offensive since you are not interested in highest sr pushing.

Go full cunning, for retal even 2.4k DA can be enough for whole content and sr100 but you are going to have way higher value anyway.

Switched devotions in link above, if you will find some troubles with survival (should not have, I tested this route with few builds) we can find solutions always.

Same, did some example in link above.

Zoltan and Smite is not usefull in this case, would need other itemization. Do not use 3 points into terrify mod from War Cry, I used it only over sr 100 for Zantarin because his skeletons were annyoing and I had more crowd control in 1-3 chunks.

Shield slam is not useful, blitz/vires/mobility rune is for mobility, you go through map faster if you want to.

Hunting nemesis is not worth it, if you need rares go for 65-75 sr, they are dropping here a lot of.
I would suggest to farm for these shoulders eventually: https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/12368
Iron maiden’s one I used because of maxing physical resistances, otherwise elemental->physical damage conversion is better damage.

Thanks a lot for your reply. My toon is going very well with all the final modifications. I really dont know which quest giving +skillpoints im missing, there is any way to check it myself?

Regarding the shoulders, I just got this drop https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/13760 and I wonder if are equal, or even better, than the Korvan Spaulders you just suggested, or the Dawnshards im using atm. If not, thanks for explaining.

My char is killing at will, fished Calladra and Revenant several times, avatar of mogdro in ultimate made me one hit KO wih his lightning, then i read it has -130 LR so ill stack this resists next time. Which other big boss could I kill just for pleasure?

Thanks for all the support.

Dawnshards are going to be best choice until you got Korvan Spaulders (or Iron Maiden’s for physical resistances stack) with very good rolls and Of the blades suffix.

Yes, for Mogdrogen you need to overcap lightning resistances, he is going to do basically 0 dmg then with your 88% maximum resistances.

Crate but it’s very hard boss and can’t be 100% facetanked like any other without some sort of RNG (pharma is helpful too but not necessary until you facetank whole fight). You can watch my killings on him with few retaliation builds to check gameplay:
phys warlord

acid warlord

phys witchblade

lightning warder

Overcap your elemental resistances more finish build in 100% before. Practice may be needed too.

1 Like

Few days to the anniversary of my thread and update for 1.1.8.1 is here. I’ve joined Russian Crucible Crowd Mafia so it is focused on damage mostly with great results everywhere. More builds will be added.

Current results with elemental->physical conversion setup:

1. Crucible sub5min, consistent.
  2. Around 1min celestials kills.
  3. Very deep sr.
5 Likes

7 Likes

That’s the spirit and monster build!

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved%20Images_0ff49113f737f6725161e579f345863f0a8b6d82d260aca7a3726c18b760b024

3 Likes

I love this stuff man, retaliation 4ever! :heart:

1 Like

Added Stoneguard setup, it’s damage monster.

1. 4:30 Crucible with potential to go faster.
  2. SR 110, kinda squisher than previous setup due to lack of +maximum resistances.
  3. All celestials under 1 minute.
4 Likes

Zantai is afraid of nerfing retal, because it can hit back with RtA

2 Likes

Well, there are retaliation nerfs almost every patch but it’s like cyclone set and hydra reference - cut off one head but it will grow back.

I wonder how really strong was retaliation just after FG release, I heard it was total busted but building style was other too.

1 Like

I think a tiny detail should be mentioned that Cyclone is able to clear sub 4:30 and… that’s it, while Retal, well :rofl: ->

1 Like

i have a question,for stonegard setup.why vilescorn bracers insted of blacksteel?

More attack speed (which is important with bonuses Stoneguard provide) and gameplay is more fluid. Damage is pretty much same (flat physical damage lost but attack speed gained) so both choices are good. Just current choice helped me to stop canceling skills in Crucible so I’ve started to clear faster, in SR or celestials it does not matter much, exactly same results.

Awesome build! Following thread now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added Spin2Win version for some diversity. EoR seems very clunky in Crucible, something is disturbing it all the time. Still good results:

1. 4:55 Crucible, low 5s average
  2. 105 SR, on 110 few enemies are too hard without gear/aguments swapping
  3. Celestials a little bit over 1 minute except Crate.
3 Likes

Sooner the game will be like this:
Only retals are around, and the last non retal builds stays the ground agaisnt

2 Likes

was thinking, perhaps not use honor relic for EoR but instead absolution? perhaps vire cascade is causing interuption of eor and absolution gives another shield bonus?

Absolution is good for defensive side but it’s big damage lose. The reason retaliation clears so fast is just Honor relic because it burst ranged enemies.
These interuptions probably come from some mini-stuns/freezes and slow eor starting animation. Outside of Crucible I did not feel it that way.

1 Like