[1.1.8.1] Physical Retaliation Warlord (3 builds, EoR included) -> Crucible 4:30-4:55/ SR 105-110/ Ravager 0:48-1:12 + Callagadra 0:54-1:33 + Crate boss facetank/ 75-76 farmer / Bonus SR 135 video with tank setup

I am having a lot of fun with the Stoneguard build. By far the strongest character I have ever played. Thanks a lot for the guide.

For reference, here is my current setup: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25mglB2

I am still looking for Ring of Sethris, just because I need Nightbringer on another build and it’s in the same dungeon.

1 Like

You have already nice setup! You should aim for 26/26 Counter Strike at the end, without green affixes you can do like that:

1. Ring of Sethris (already in progress as you said).
  2. Boots changed for Mythical Stormtitan Threads or Mythical Turin’s Step (both got +2 Counter strike).
  3. Gloves for Mythical Blacksteel Gauntlets (+2 Counter strike).

After having all skill points and gear you can reset attributes and try to spend every single point into Cunning (after gear requirements done) to increase your OA. OA can be maximized with skill points too, after reaching 26/26 CS you can post GT again if you need any help :wink:

You have 27/22 Retribution too, it’s overcaped so unspent points from it.

1 Like

Thanks.

I applied some of your feedback: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1e0emV

By the way … how do I get the remaining Attribute and Skill points (GT says I have some to spend)?

Meanwhile I continue farming Morgoneth dungeon.

Attirbute points you can remain with special elixir: https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8917

It’s prize for some quests and tons of them drop in SR - but do not feel pressure, it’s just for final min-maxing. Skill points you can remain with some NPCs with book icon, like these into Conclave or Coven.

Try to finish all skill/attribute points quests - GT says you are missing them. You can check them there: https://www.grimtools.com/checklist/quests/ultimate

Ok, thanks. I got all the points now.

Still no Ring of Sethris but I reached SR50.

I know, this is a bit off topic but what is a good SR shard to farm items? Also, how many shards do I do per run? Is there a certain strategy?

SR 65-66 is fast and good; no need for doing more than 2 shards in one session. Time and loot increase doesn’t correlate in same way so extra shards brings not that much loot and takes much much more time. Though when you have a solid top-tier build that can reliably farm 75-76 in a fast way; that would be the best way to farm. But even very good builds can be vulnerable with some mutators/boss combinations in 75-76 so you need a really solid build so you don’t waste time or lose loot by dying.

1 Like

Grind your way into shard 75 (pass it once to have checkpoint) and then you can farm 75-76. Just pass 75, 76 and then take a rewards, always 2 shards in row. Builds that go sr100+ can take all bosses at once without pulling 1vs1 from my experience and pass it no matter what is boss combo or mutators.

1 Like

nothing nothing nothing

1 Like

Are you sure skill modifier conversion affect RtA damage? Isn’t it affecting only base skill damage? Like old Sentinel set with 96% conversions acid-phys and modifier for CS 100% phys->acid would do 0 damage from counter strike in this case, everything would be converted to nothing.

Big role plays only 6% rata on EoR and clunkyness of this skill, it’s often interrupted + starting animation after casting Vire Cascade or being stunned/freezed for 0,001 seconds from some random mob.

For pushing more SR yes, however build was made for fastest Crucible possible (and it’s still very safe on 75-76 sr or higher if 1vs2 or 1vs1). Octavius is noticable damage boost, I was testing it a lot of. Although Dread Armor is best for defense, you are right there.

Used to be like that first FG patch, same with transmuter “Aegis of thorns” on Aegis of Menhir skill. Only gobal dmg conversions affected retaliation and rata. Now it has been fixed/changed so that even skill specific (local) conversions affects rata.

No fire damage at all (at least if we trust dmg tooltip)
“build” https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyX97eV

1 Like

nothing nothing nothing

2 Likes

Thank you guys for clarification, I am bad at deeper mechanics :rofl: Everything was trial-error grinding with timers.

With incoming overall retal nerfs I would like to see some slight buff for EoR side, 6% is not that much so it’s pretty much some filler skill for players who wish to spin2win. That’s why in terms of damage focusing still on another parts works better.

What do you think of Mark of Myrmidon instead of Serrated Shell as the shield component?

Some little update info about Stoneguard (least nerfed of all Warlords):

1. Change helmet into Octavius or Targo - ele->phys conversion there gives more damage than nerfed Callagadra now or even buffed Okaloth.
  2. BiS gloves are Emeberguard Gauntlets/Plagueguard Grips with Seraphim + Of Blades/Of Thorns/anything (or anything + Seraphim) mods. Otherwise Blacksteel/ Dawnguard.
  3. Due to change in Obelisk devotion we have 2 free points because DA putted on the right is not needed anymore. Panther can be changed into Shieldmaiden (more damage) or into Solemn Watcher + DA/armor point in Obelisk (more armor/da).

Example: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25Y1E02

Crucible best run was 4:49, average going around 5 min, less or more. Rest content can be done like before. Videos later because hotfix will come fast and testing it again would be tiresome - so I don’t give any real data, only my words, maybe I am lying? :scorv:

Sorry for so late answer, did not see it. Serrate Shell is best from my tests but Myrmidion is okay too.

1 Like

Hi alkamos, ich live your builds. What do you think about picking judgement for an additional aoe, it has a rata on heart of wrath?
Do we need dryad for heal or can we pick this devotion ? 16122005629753839725543448131890|666x500
Sry for this bad pick gt on Handy sucks

Would this be hardcore viable?

Rata on Heart of wrath is not worth it cause it requires heavy investment and Warlord is a point starved class. Dryad is nice instant heal and allows for more cunning dump.

Yes just beware of Reflective hero mobs in main campaing, you can oneshot yourself by mistake.

1 Like

As Retal_Abuser said, it would need more skillpoints which is very troublesome and it has some CC pull effect on monsters which is not good, we want them to hit us all the time. Dryad is very good defensive devotion and fit in retal devo route, if it can be taken without hard loses I do not see reason to skip it :wink:

Yes, retals are top for HC too - but some mistake can happen like taking arcane hit in group of many monsters and nemesis, or bad timing for Callagadra/being not careful vs Crate. For HC some Runebounds crystals/Bloodied crystals on jewelery can be safer choice.

How would you change the other versions btw?
Targo helm and Sandspitter pistol? Or is Beronath still good.

Instead of Beronath I would go Decree of the circle of five and Octavius armor/Octavius helmet + Dread Armor/Octavius helmet and armor. I don’t know what would be best configuration. In case of lightning->phys conversion probably 100% elemental conversion. For Stoneguard double Octavius is best from what I tested, conversion is basically always better than some retal values (even pre-nerf Callagadra helmet was only 1-2 seconds faster on my Ravagers tests).

I don’t like guns much, I wonder it can be clunky to play and blitz can’t be used - slower outside of Crucible for sure and more dangerous in very deep sr where a lot of mobility is needed in big group of monsters.

If I would like to go for over sr130 I think only Decree or Totally normal shield.

1 Like