[1.1.9.0] Beginner's Apex Death Knight

Same as with any other build.

Then how much do you need for other builds?

1 Like

This is what i got at the moment. I can still die against nemesis and the like, because i can’t be arsed to kite, bud damn, does it kill fast! Thanks for the great build and guide.

I have read in the Bloodrager BA DK build (towards which i am gearing at the moment) that Prismatic Diamond has been nerfed and Runestone should be used instead. Is it true for this build as well?

1 Like

only 14% fire res overcap = dead against Lokarr

1 Like

i decided against farming Lokarr with this build. Will use it to build something more suitable for that purpose. Maybe your pet conjurer.

WTF you think that beginner’s build should farm endgame content, like lokarr? It’s not an endgame build, endgame version is grey’s ba dk

1 Like

Have fun kiting for 2 min :slight_smile:

But as mentioned, you are supposed to gear up char even further than what is presented in these beginner guides. They are just “stepping stone” builds.

It kinda also depends on what “endgame” means. For sure SR 65 farming is endgame content, and so is Crate of entertainment boss. And everything in between. Lokarr is not easy, but is not hard once you have figured it out and have slightly better gear.

Frankly, no. The build kind of suffers from reflection and having one fail safe mechanic to stop killing yourself when it happens is indispensable, especially for HC.

Implying that BA DK is unsuitable for farming Lokarr is a bit far fetched, but pet builds are indeed better VS super bosses. Pets are pretty OP overall.

1 Like

From budget perspective, I had much easier time farming lokarr with my 2H warder than my pet conjurer (similar tier of gearing). But can also be due to my inability to play pet builds properly. I mean I have had trouble farming lokarr with “fully geared” pet builds too so :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not implying it should, i just tried and failed miserably. I even think a better pilot than myself would be able to do it.

I can kill nemesis and other bosses very reliably though (don’t know how difficult that should be). I only had problems with Grava, since he strips my buffs and pretty much instagibs me a second after that.

Again i am not implying it’s unsuitable per general. It is for my playstyle, since i fail at running away when needed. IN order to be able to farm Lokkar, i need a build that can either facetank him, or kite him indefinitely, hence the idea with pets. In this case i can keep on running away always, not only in crucial moments.

Sorry if my wording wasn’t clear enough in the first place. English is not my first language and expressing my thoughts clearly is a struggle sometimes.

You have to kite Grava when he raises his hands and releases his “balls”. This goes for ALL builds.

Just gear up the blade arc build.

1 Like

after dying several times to the magis, i decided to go straight to morgoneth, and of course i could easily facetank and kill him…

What makes those magi that dangerous to this build?

Depends on which magis you get, sethris is considered the hardest one due to “his” physical damage meteors etc. Otherwise you just need the usual stuff, high armor, armor absorb, over capped resistances, high DA and dps and life steal for sustain. Also knowing when to use mark of torment… Even my high end avanger set warder can have some troubles against some magi combos and mutators…

If I remember correctly they have a telegraphed AoE attack centered around them which cuts your resistances a great deal. Makes it problematic fighting them as melee hero. The solution is to use mobility skill if you see them performing that attack. Even if it hits you you shouldn’t be fighting them when debuffed.

1 Like

Grey’s Bloodrager build, that you present as a direct upgrade, has Reaper Leagguards as BiS. Shouldn’t we choose to be enemies with Barrowholm to farm them? Or they can be farmed in SR instead?

Edit: thank you very much for the awesome guide! I successfully upgraded it to Grey’s build and it kicks ass even more now.

Think I explained this to you, in another thread, that you farm reaper pants in SR / crucible. One run (high enough shard) you can get like 3-5 of them.

1 Like

Mmm, yeah, if you want to target farm these pants then you can be enemies with Barrowholm, and I actually chose so, albeit for the whole another reason (skipping their quests so I can get to farming Krieg set sooner).

But I’ll have to agree with Ulvar that farming SR is probably more efficient if you can do it. Reaper spawn points are REALLY spread out, you’ll be hunting that mutt across the whole Ugdenbog, making the whole enterprise have very low return for the time spent. Just because they are best in slot doesn’t mean they have very high impact, we’re probably speaking about 2-3% damage difference here at best.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with a pair of well rolled Grava pants either, +3 ranks to spectral wrath is 3% more RR which also can be about 3% more dps :slight_smile:

1 Like

The thing is, i hate SR… I barely got to SR35 on normal. I am grinding it 5 shards at a time, just to get the waystone for 65, so I can switch to farming 65-66 on ultimate. Maybe after I do this grind, 2 shards won’t be as painful.

What I meant is that maybe this info would be useful to have in the guide. Had i known this from the start, I would’ve get enemies with Barrowholm. As it is, i am friendly with them, because of the advice that if not stated otherwise, always be friendly.

unless you wanna farm Reaper and Namadea in maincampaign instead of crucible/SR