[1.1.9.0] Beginner's Forgotten Blademaster

What is your current weapons? If they are not too bad, I would just stick with those until I am in a spot where I can farm level 94 derp slicers.

Hi, so far this build felt even better than your death knight (more faster and smoother). Maybe not so tough, but lifesteal was enough for basically everything.

But now I got my *** handed to me several times by The Sentinel on Ultimate. (I know I don’t have components in legs and hands, but my res. are capped so it shouldn’t make such big difference - don’t have ugdenbloom and seals now.)

Is there something I missed?
Also have Mythical Blackwatch seal ring - wondering if that would be upgrade.
Had also problem farm 94lvl weapons - got legedaries instead ( and one DR green 80lvl you can see in switched weapons)

Thanks
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQ41AjZ

1 Like

The massive green crystals Sentinel summons massively buff him. If you can’t handle him while he’s near those, lead him away then re-engage.

Everything else about your character looks fine, maybe a bit more overcap on Fire would help but otherwise, you should definitely be able to kill him.

Not seeing a problem over here.
Blackwatch seals are quite good, they are probably better than faction rings.

2 Likes

Lucky blueprint drop as well. Feel like those always happen when least expected :joy:.

1 Like

Thanks you both! I was able to kill him after like six deaths. He was able to take over half of my health with one attack for some reason (not near green shard). Probably need to learn how to move and not to facetank everything… :smiley:

Also noticed that legs, gloves and boots has just 2% roll on phys resist… All of them… :confused:

Maybe you got unlucky with whatever weapon or shield he rolled/had equipped.

I find that his stomp is most dangerous, especially to characters with low armor (2.6k isn’t low, but still), and IIRC it has resistance reduction too. It’s best to bait that out like I did on the vid. I disengaged too early though since I haven’t fought him in a while and forgot the timings, could had wrecked him for a couple seconds longer.

Green charging AoE isn’t as dangerous as it looks imo and most unpleasant thing about it is it has a stun. Moreover since it has a long charge animation you can dodge it with mobility skill even if you’re not baiting it out of him.

But overall it shouldn’t be a surprise that dodging dangerous stuff is a thing. Grim Dawn is an action RPG, not everything is a simple stat check.

1 Like

Yeah I am smart enough to dodge if there is some of energy pool on the ground. But telegraphed attacks… not so much. Was fighting now final boss of PV and got them to red/yellow without problems (know about shield so didn’t want to kill them one by one) and suddenly they melt through ghoul, Menhir’s will and my health in one second.

One of the reasons could be that I always played chars to lvl 40-60 and started new one. And seems like I have lot to learn in Ultimate to be successful. In lower difficulties you just pop health potion on occasion and everything around you just melts anyway…

Anyway thanks for all your builds here - helps to understand game a lot and let us noobs to even get to ultimate. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,
This was my first character to do all campaign content. (Fun and powerfull enough).
Actually somewhere in the end of FG campaign I got my highest dps of all time - 1 003 793 according to grim internals. Now I just need to figure out where to farm items :slight_smile:

I would really recommend this to anybody who wants to level melee build.

Thank you
Final build https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoyz4o2

1 Like

Hello. I’m new here. May I know why you are using Coldstones instead of Vicious Spikes for weapon’s component? The difference is almost purely damage type, and you are mainly focusing on Pierce damage. Thanks in advance!

The character is cold focused for the first 35 levels or so, then smoothly transitions to pierce by 50.

1 Like

Got it, thanks! BTW may I know why you still put 1 point into Zolhan’s Technique, even though the skill only attack with 1 hand, hence messing your Cadence-WPS tempo?

It was made to hit with both hands recently.

2 Likes

Thanks again! Last question I hope, what are the best factions for a DW Pierce Blademaster for the endgame? In case I have to choose between 2 of them, for example.

I find Kymon’s Chosen to be slightly better for endgame, but ultimately it’s not a choice that matters much.

Other factions aren’t mutually exclusive, but just in case - friends with Outcast and Barrowholm, any cult of the three.

Going to try this out as my bleed Warder just got spanked on Ultimate. Very well done and beginner friendly guide! Thank you @Stupid_Dragon

1 Like

Hello Great Guide man. im using your build for my first GD Character. by the way a little correction in the Endgame items there’s 2 Shoulders the other one is for Girdle. I thought im blind when im looking for it xD

1 Like

Fixed, thanks for the report!

Hi, very thorough and informative!

What do you think about item-granted skills like Beronath Fury and Troll Rage for this build?

cheers!