[1.1.9.0] Beginner's Forgotten Blademaster

Pointless for Blademaster because it’s inferior to Cadence.

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

Hi,

Blademaster has many WPS. I don’t understand it:

• what are the worse WPS then here?
  • what are the better ones?
  • I am clvl 27 now, and I just took dualblades 16/16 and whirling death 5/8 because whiring death looks to me like the best wps so far
  • shall I avoid taking al the WPS then? u recommend all - what are the priorities then?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EE44l2

hi guys!

can you take a look at it? late Veteran / early elite I am dieing as if there was no tomorrow…

I checked my other two specs, same res etc and so sturdy…FW Warlord and PS Druid…

I am dying to the point its basically unplayable, especially all DoTs…

any suggestions?

A couple of points in Menhirs will, a poison flask on the belt, new headgear, and maybe get Bat or Ghoul instead of Owl… That would have been my first priority’s, but then I’m a 2K hour newbie so take my advice with a pinch of salt… :slight_smile:

cool ! will try that !

There are two glaring issues with your GT.

The first is you’ve skipped Deadly Momentum. This is absolutely wrong because by that point into the game you need flat damage it provides. Being able to kill enemies quick means you’re taking less damage from them and they have less chances to gang upon you. And no, Oleron’s Rage is not more important than that, albeit you should have had both by that point into the game to begin with.

The second is you’re keeping low level armor pieces. Armor rating on gear gets higher as you level up and yes, you’re supposed to upgrade your gear to pieces with higher armor rating, even if affixes might be a bit worse. You fell for a typical newbie mistake.

Ok, so you compared stats with your FW Warlord and PS Druid, but did you compare your level 56 GT with my level 50 GT in the guide? I’ve put them there for a reason you know? :roll_eyes:

I don’t think DoT damage got anything to do with it since your resistances look ok. Unless you’re on Elite, then your poison resistance will be rather low too.

Does not work when dual-wielding.

1 Like

damn it…I did stray away from Your guide :frowning:

thanks for pointing theses noob trap mistakes!

reworking it now!

Thank you!

It’s perfectly ok to stray from the guide and experiment, it’s what this game is about after all.
But if you do and performance is not up to your expectations then it does mean that the warranty is null. :rofl:

4 Likes

Damn it… I always forget!.. :slight_smile:

Might as well ask if you @Stupid_Dragon find any major flaws on my Belgothian BM… He’s on hold now when I level up a cold reaper, but I’m a bit curious anyway, if you have time…

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gP9ngV

Sheers! :thinking:

Actually I have never made a Belgo, but okay.

The biggest flaw with your build is your gloves. You seem to have copied someone’s build that was supposed to have Mythical Grasp of Unchained Might, because otherwise there’s no reason not to get a flat RR constellation.

1 Like

TY for your very well written guide. Lots of good explanations of how pierce and cadence work as well as levelling suggestions.

I’ve never tried a Blademaster or done anything with Pierce either so I’m looking forward to trying this out. I only started playing GD again recently and decided to reset my account so I can start from scratch again (although missing certain recipes like Sacred Plating is somewhat annoying XD). These “beginner” guides are extremely helpful though!

1 Like

Apologies is this is a dumb question, but is blademaster still a good candidate for celestial killer with specific boss-focus setups, or have things changed a lot over patches in the last year?

I know in general casters like a TSS or vitality conjurer would be easier if the goal is celestial killer, but I want to try it with melee, even if it means hit and run sometimes

It’s too late to try this amazing build!

Well, we’ve only had one patch since then 1.1.9.1 so I think it’s stil pretty safe to use.

What did you mean by getting a mobility rune from one of the three factions from Forgotten Gods DLC? Do I get that rune as soon as I join one of the factions?

It works like that:

1. Runes are sold by faction quartermasters (two for each factions), but you’ll have to get reputation with them up to friendly. Quartermasters are merchant NPCs you’ll find in the same camp.
  2. Picking a faction automatically promotes your reputation with them to friendly, so you can buy their runes from quartermaster.
  3. For the other two factions you’ll have to do some quests and kill some enemies to push them from neutral to friendly, then you’ll be able to buy four other runes.
1 Like

Am I the only one who can’t remove Harpy? “Constellation Dependencies: Azrakaa, The Eternal Sands”

Probably only you :slight_smile:

According to the guide removal of Harpy is step 13 and getting Azraaka is step 15. You shouldn’t have had any points in Azraaka at the time you remove the Harpy.

Perhaps you can upload your build to Grimtools? I’ll be able to have a better picture of what’s happening then.

Thanks for your answer. I tried to reset all, but I will be missing 2 purple points if I remove Harpy?
How can I upload my build (sorry :confused:)