[1.1.9.0] Beginner's Forgotten Blademaster

Thanks for the build Dragon. Really enjoying it so far!

One question I have though. In the video you posted I’m not seeing the aura FX effect of the Field Command skill. Is there a way to turn the FX effect off? Or is it because it’s being overlapped by other aura’s/effects? Would be nice if it can be turned off so that it fits more thematically with my characters theme :slight_smile:

No idea about FX, sorry. Haven’t done anything in particular about it.

Weird. I keep getting these chevrons floating around me every few seconds. I’ll keep an eye out if it changes.

The video was recorded a few patches ago, perhaps they reworked it’s FX.

Just skimming through the guide and it looks very good. But its not very AOE oriented or?

Yes, not very good if you want AoE. It does have some AoE from WPS and devotion procs, but not nearly at the level some casters have. It’s single target kind of makes up for that.

1 Like

It’s hard to make DW melee build with strong AoE damage. Perhaps only exception is Acid Dervish, where you have both Tainted eruption and Yugol procs dealing AoE damage.

Outstanding guide. So much useful info for us noobs. Thanks for writing it!

after this sentence i’ve decided to give it a try on HC from all other builds. i guess they will never fix boss agroo on pet builds [Rip] :smiley:

This sentence is a bit outdated :stuck_out_tongue:

For starters I did it from scratch on HC veteran when it was patch 1.1.2.X, while early enemies and veteran difficulty were tweaked in 1.1.4.0 a great deal. The core of the build still works fine, but the first 20 levels I’d do differently on HC veteran these days. Act 1 veteran is unproportionally difficult compared to the rest of veteran, unless you overoptimize your character I don’t feel like any melee start is good. Should be much easier if you kill Krieg on normal and only after that switch to veteran though.

Also I did say that I won’t do anything to this extent again, but I’ve got an Infiltrator in the works which will probably topple my blademaster in being the most elaborated of my builds, if not in sheer strength.

i i didn’t want to point out that it was so obnoxious for You to play it LOL . i ment that if You did actually put so much work doing this build it has to be fun and rewarding to play :slight_smile: yeah veteran on that patch was something…different . if i wont die and i will be able to farm some ultimate hero mobs for items it’s enough for me. not a type of SR a CR guy :wink:

No idea why you think it was obnoxious for me. I had a lot of fun with Blademaster. If I didn’t this guide woundn’t exist.

The obnoxious thing is to start veteran as a melee character in the current patch. I found an easy fix - don’t start as a pure melee. My current way of levelling a fresh Nightblade relies on Ring of Steel rather than auto-attacking.

…i just writed i dont want You to that i said that xd damn lvl 40 right now and for now he hits like truck with random gear and yeah enjoying him alot. if ill rip i will remake him for sure. thanks for the build mate. made my day :partying_face:

So I have tried to build the “classic” Belgothian Blademaster from @Superfluff or @mad_lee or…
But since I dont use GD stash and im an altoholic i havent managed to yet have rngjesus drop the Belgothian helmet for a full set… (only 1663 hours yet…)
So i have been using Bloodbath as an autoattack from the lvl 35 relic…
Tried some SR yesterday and felt really squishy and had a hard time clearing the first levels…
So my question is: is another autoattack better until i find the helmet? Olerons might, cadence?
Here is where I´m at now:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWzOP52

All input appreciated!

Forgot to mention that in this build I have a lot of problem with energy regeneration despite trying to fix that in the linked build…

If you have extra belgo pieces you can just transmute them into the missing piece. You are also going to have problems with pure melee in shards 65-66 unless it’s an SR set aa build. Level to 100 first, find remaining pieces, patch up your da/overcaps and then venture into Shards deeper than 50. Otherwise you are going to have a really hard time.

1 Like

100 cleared a long time ago, struggling with the first 5 shards…
But hmm. maybe I got another Belgothian Sigil… Can i Transmute that to a headpiece???
That would be awesome, didnt think about that…

And if that works and I can can upgrade my relic, any recommendations? Belgothian there to?

Ring is not a part of the set, I am afraid, so no. Your build needs a lot of things besides full belgo.

First of all, patch your armor absorb. You can do so by using relevant components or by investing into Scars of Battle. 76% armor absorb means you are effectively missing a quarter of your armor rating (so your actual armor is ~2200 and not 2900).

Second of all, AT LEAST cap your resists. It’s the easiest way to decrease incoming damage. 63% poison res is a big no no in Ultimate, especially in endgame content.

Thirdly, do not overinvest into WPS. It’s a rookie mistake. Invest enough so it has maximum proc chance. Drop Amarasta’s Quick Cut, it’s utterly useless on Belgo BM. Difference in performance between 22/12 Markovian Advantage and 14/12 MA (or whatever one pointer there gives us) is not noticable, there has been multiple tests that confirm it and I can tell you that just from my experience of playing of hundreds and hundreds of timed Crucible runs.

Invest in War Cry instead (till soft cap). It’s a great crutch for a squishy build like Belgo BM. Invest in Soldier Passives, as well as in Anatomy of Murder. Always invest as much as possible in your resist reduction skills.

Use flat damage ring augments from Malmouth, they are called Hammerfal Powder. Get Chaos res elsewhere. You can use Seal of Ancestry in amulet, your current component doesn’t do much it seems. (although I would recommend Tainted Heart).

EDIT: Try to use Restless Remains in gloves if possible.

1 Like

General Lee…
You are a bright light in a Grim Dawn!

Thanks!

1 Like

I think you definitely should get Cadence and Deadly Momentun until you get your helm. If you have a spare Belgo piece you can try your luck with Transmuter. You would miss a crafting bonus, but it can be rectified later on.

1 Like

Resist are at least 10 over caps, guess i dont show in the calculator yet…
Dont think i have Seal of Ancestry yet… But I will change the other stuff, and maybe try Cadence until i get the helmet…
Its a jungle to know whats a good skill and whats not… So thanks for the knowhow!
I guess im not alone in this…