[1.1.9.0] Beginner's Forgotten Blademaster

Heya! After the 1.1.5.0 bomb hit, do you have any alterations or alternatives to your gear recommendations? In particular, I believe the Empowered Essence of Beronath was nerfed.

Been following your guide from level 34 (costly respec!) to my current level 46, and it’s been a BLAST so far. Thank you so much for writing this up and providing all the advice, notes, and details that you did. Not only did it help improve my character but it taught me a LOT about how to play the game in general.

Very much appreciated!

Emp. Essence of Beronath rework is quite a big deal since there’s nothing that is both as strong and as easy to get at the same time.

The alternative that is as easy to get but worse in performance is either Nightstalker’s Pendant or Bloodsurge. Both are faction craftables.

The alternative that is just as good but more of a hassle to get is to kill Kaisan a dozen of times on Elite and see if any of his Eyes are worth using.

Awesome, thank you! :slight_smile:

so far so good :slight_smile: those crits do the job. i wanted to ask would You sacrifice any skill points into some soldier survivability skills for hc and from what to what would that be? i feel like dps is there but i fear i can get oneshooted somewhere since im still such a noob :anguished:

There’s absolutely nothing you could do with your skillpoints that would make your build more durable than mine with that alone. Perhaps it’s possible to design a more defensive devotion setup, but a few quick tries resulted in what I perceive a much worse setup not only offensively, but defensively too.

thanks for all the nice builds man, i got a question about this infiltrator your talking about, any idea when is it gonna be ready?

Sunday or early to mid next week.

1 Like

how do u think it compares to the blademaster?

That’s a tricky question to answer. Blademaster will stay as the most reliable DW build out of the box. Infiltrator’s damage output is give or take the same, but he’s behind in defensive mechanics until he’s full slotted.

But making a build that could dethrone Blademaster wasn’t my primary goal. The goal was to make a build capable of that:

2 Likes

Hi
I must have done something wrong but I’m at the end of the constellation points set up and cannot remove the panther as it’s dependant on Azrakaa. By now I have zero points left.
I think I was following the suggested path. Also final point missing in the Harp and no points in the targo.

You’ve answered your own question
The actual question is why you lack one point to complete harp. Check if you haven’t forgot to respec some of the Crossroad points or accidentally clicked on some other constellation. Or just upload savefile to grimtools and let me have a look.

Thanks for a quick answer
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQDme8Z

A stray point in the Assasin.

How on earth did you manage to spot that :slight_smile:
Thank you!

Constellations with at least one point have a slightly different color, like they are glowing. The point itself is also of a different color. It’s easy if you already have suspicions there’s a stray point somewhere.

Hello Stupid_Dragon,

decided to try this build, self found starting from scratch.
only lvl 17 but im really enjoying the skills, never tried a Nightblade before.

i think im going to post some of my progrese here if that is ok with you, i really wanne make it to 100
and start farming for different builds.

ill start working on components the next couple of levels im omw to Krieg atm

thank you for the guide it looks great

kind regards Relord

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dn5PAZ
me at lvl 17

Hello.

I’ve checked your character briefly. Your armor seems to be a bit behind your level. Early on don’t go for fancy green color, go for highest armor rating. I’m not above replacing greens with white items if they have much higher armor rating :slight_smile:

As for components your level is enough to craft Scaled Hide, Antivenom Salve and a couple of Wardstones, depends on whether you’ve got materials though! High chances are you’d be missing Bristly Fur, but you can buy parts of it in the shop.

Have fun with your playthrough!

Thank you very much for the reply Stupid-Dragon
and your tips are much apriciated and even tho i read about armor values
you where right i was to focussed on greens, so i turned the yellows back on in the loot filter and looked for the highest armor values i could get.
i also started using some components, i didnt realise they made that much of a difference.

im only lvl 23 atm, im not a fast leveler and i always have a tendensie te explore the whole map afraid ill miss something, and i went out of my way this time to kill the “boars” i know there called different in de Arkovian Foothills to get some components.
im currently working on getting towards killing Crowley.

i do have another question this, i find alot of pistols and the compare itemscreen says that the damage in my off-hand will be ALOT higher with the pistol. im guessing where sticking with melee weapons right?

sofar your guide is working really good im having alot of fun

this is me at lvl 23
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN468r5V

Relord

The DPS tooltip is for your skill on left mousebutton, and in case of Amarasta’s Blade Burst it’s better to use a hunch than to trust what the tooltip says, because that tooltip won’t even take the hits you do in-between into account. Basically the hardest hitting weapon in offhand slot would show highest dps tooltip, but it doesn’t mean real dps would be better.

And later on when you’d switch to Cadence don’t trust tooltips on ranged and 2H weapons. Only use them to compare melee onehanders to melee onehanders. It’s a dw melee build after all.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying that for me.
I thought it would be something like that, but just like i was focussing on greens to early
its also easy to stare your self blind on higher tooltip dps