[1.1.9.0] Beginner's Lightning Warder

Yes. But it means losing other important constellations that provide resistance reduction or life steal to boost survival so becomes inefficient/unattractive to go after.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t even think you can drop anything that you can afford to here. Like, you can’t drop Crown, and Ghoul is just way too nice survivability especially for a budget build, etc. And Tempest gives a measly return on its expensive investment. So yeah - just too much to grab, not enough points.

3 Likes

Seems to me you’d need 56 points for Tempest, Ultos, Spear, Kraken, Widow and Elemental Storm - so not possible.

That’s a great build! I got lucky enough to get a Blueprint for the Ultos’ headgear and switched to [1.1.9.3] Thunderbolt - The Primal Strike Warder [c+] [sr+] this one. It’s a blast!

2 Likes

Hey guys, how would this build look end game? sorry for noob question… lets say its not a budget build… but i want to use same abilities and devotions, would i just go for mythic ultos?

@Replays recommended in the guide [1.1.9.3] Thunderbolt - The Primal Strike Warder [c+] [sr+]

New guy here, I think there has been a change in some of the passives for shaman in the last few updates, would you still rather have Oak Skin maxed instead of Heart of the Wild? and no extra points into Mogdrogens pact?
Edit: nvm, i skipped ahead to the end instead of the leveling guide, it scales worse after level 10 so its not worth maxing if you have shaman skill + items.

I’m noticing the level 21-35 snapshot is missing the component for the head slot. What do you recommend putting there?

Rune stones are pretty good head slots especially if you need more Elemental Resistance. Always check to see if you resistances can be buffed by searching in the blacksmiths window. If your resistances are good, then add items that buff the damage type which in this case would be elemental, lightning, or physical once you get Korvan Storm Halberd.

With the first char!
Where can i find the weapon like this build?

Temple of Osyr and Cairan Docks areas.

2 Likes

Hi, sorry if i missed anything but ive been going crazy with the deovtion tree.
I got all the way to 17 , sailors guide, then when i went to spend points in spear of heaven i couldnt , still missing 1 red and 3 blue nodes. I dont think i missed anything , did they change the tree in patches or did they rework something ? Thank you

The path is correct, you made a mistake along the way. Recheck all your points, if they are the same as the main link except Ghoul and Spear. You probably didn’t complete Viper or Kraken and have Red crossroad instead (that you thought you needed to get Ultos).

1 Like

Ya , thank you, turns out my mouse click was clicking random points on its own the 2 times i respeced.
Cheers for the reply

If you were going to do this build as ranged Primal Strike instead of melee what would you change?

Welcome to the forum and game.

I’d run 4pc Ultos and try to get a double rare Ugdenbog gun. Doable with vendor farming; a Skyfallen of Torrents or something like that. But for ranged PS Vindicator would probably be better. Or can always go the classic VoS Druid approach.

the weapon, during levelling use

and get Hydra devotion too
rest you can pretty much still use (assuming it’s a warder ofc, otherwise swap in Arcanist/Inquisitor/Oathkeeper as you please instead of Soldier)

Ok thanks to you and Gnomish. Ill look into vindicator as well. I had that ranged weapon in mind already but i thought it would be a much more involved process to swap over to ranged lol

i’d almost think you could just take the devotions 1:1 from the top20 evoker vindicator :thinking:
*obv don’t copy the skill distribution since the wps are useless on primal strike :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is this build viable in 1.2?