[1.1.9.0]Belgothian's Sands of Slaughter - 105 Cunning DW Blademaster

Thanks! I’m quite happy to use a defensive ring. Will look though what I have. I’d like to overcap more and also better stun resist - which is the main weakness.

I haven’t tried other swords but Notched Bone has been great so far!

I have a question

In your devotions you have nothing linked to assassins mark? and you have shifting sands bound to whirling death? doesn’t that mean that shifting sands would barely activate when fighting single bosses?

I bind assassin’s mark to Belgo Strikes in crucible and Main Campaign always.

I like it cause it ensures that I do full dmg against a boss as soon as possible and burst them fast.

Bind sands to whatever you wish but sands is pretty irrelevant vs bosses aside from the debuffs it provides, It’s bound to WD for mobs, where it matters

okay thanks for that clarification!

Im just curious about something. If you bind shifting sands to blade spirit does that mean that it doesn’t get the 30% weapon damage because blade spirits don’t deal weapon damage?

Hey,

which setup is better? 2x Belgothian’s Slicer or 1x Belg + 1x Notched Bone?

im sure fluff will feel differently about this but what i found worked amazingly well was using 2x belgo slicers and putting markovians advantage to 22/12 and shears to 18/12. When i did that i started noticing some really insane single target damage.

also this is hardly a build guide, its more of a showcase of a toon which has min maxed to the extreme with a bunch of virtually impossible to get M1 rares. still an impressive showcase though.

Hammerfall powder was huggely buffed (a damn surprise - probably will get “balanced” in a hotfix though)! My dps went from 108k to 120k thanks to is.

“Hammerfall powder was huggely buffed (a damn surprise - probably will get “balanced” in a hotfix though)! My dps went from 108k to 120k thanks to is.”

I know.

I won’t redo videos just for the augment though.

the idea was that items that augments that don’t have OA/DA are mostly unused so they buffed some augs to be more diverse and equally useful. I sincerely hope that the aug gets nerfed and not the build

I used Nightsteel polish already and managed to finish the glass canon version without hammerfall DA. So performance should be roughly the same but safer

2x Slicers was the old guide first post :). It’s a good combo. It will not however outclass notched bone but it’s balanced linear damage. As for Markovian medal, its ok. If you are ok with the lack of OA on it and %pierce, imo there are blue epic medals for pierce that are better

yeah the only reason im still using direwolf crest is because my one has a 156 OA roll plus the aether resist which is very nice. if you can suggest a better non green alternative with lots of oa, good pierce damage and some good resists i would be keen to know.

I think this is the best build i have ever tried so far. Thank you for sharing. Love the damage.

Thanks,

I’m thinking of trying a Will of the blade version too since it’s better now. With new Hammerfall augment it might not be too squishy

I can’t believe you haven’t tried Will of the Blade yet, mate. From my tests it’s only better when used together with Notched Bone. For everything else Night’s Embrace is bis.

I don’t think night’s embrace is better than a good kaisan but will of the blade i did try before it was buffed and I didn’t much like it.

Should be nicer now. Especially since back then I hadn’t yet tried notched bone so even better.

Just test Night’s Embrace, mate. It’s gotta be better then Kaisan.

Also, Will of the Blade is a completely different amulet now. But again, from my tests, it only surpasses Night’s Embrace together with Notched Bone. With double Slicers Night’s Embrace is still the king.

It’s too many things to test on one build that I already tested over and over. Kaisan was just comfy on the suicide version. Lots of cunning so dmg and health too. The new ‘‘slightly’’ adjusted crucible would probably be less kind now.

But Will of the blade i am totally testing

Well, your choice not to test Night’s Embrace. But it’s just one sick amulet, I have tested Belgothian Blademaster specs quite a lot with and without it.

By the way, here is the version that ended up being best after the latest patch. Maybe you can pick something up from it. Or not.

nights embrace is amazing due to that RR debuff, unfortunately it was nerfed a little but its still pretty good. However i just cant get my resists right when i use it. Amazing against enemies like kaisan etc.

I toyed around with Will of the Blade last night. It’s good but to my surprise, flat pierce damage and dps was a bit lower than Cutthroat Kaisan of Amarasta… I actually didn’t expect that. I thought I’d gain some damage and lose health. So in the end I had kinda same damage but 1K less hp.

It’s a good amulet for no green approach nevertheless. But I won’t test for a new video or something with it since I won’t get different results. Maybe if Blade Spirit were worth investing 16 points into, i’d gladly do it. New animation looks nice

Question: Do you think a random Cutthroat’s Gargoyle Girdle is better than Blade Breaker in combination with a notched bone?

And what’s the best way to farm a Cutthroat’s Kaisan? It seems pretty unlike to get one by farming the 27 Spawn Locations in Campaign. Any Suggestions?

Thx for the great guide btw.

Yes it is. The 5:02 video uses exactly that belt :wink:

Guess i forgot to post the GT for the suicide version

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxLl4vV updated with Hammerfall augs instead of Nightsteel polish as video was before Hammerfall got buffed