[1.1.9.0] Physical Forcewave spammig Warlord

Warlord would be better, mate. Main reason is passive (and higher) resist reduction so your FW casts never get interrupted. Warlord is also tankier, got flat physical damage, doesn’t have problems with reflect mobs, and got much better mana regen.

EDIT: Great results by Mercy, solid build, Nery!

Reflect mobs are an issue only in campain anyway… But then, just dont use Doom on them :slight_smile:
With Bard’s Harp, energy isnt a problem anyway.
And how exactly Warlord is tankier? He has lower phys resist & lower total resist…
I agree, that passive & stronger resist reduction is kinda great but… actually, it’s the only thing, that feels really great in Oathkeeper tree for me…
Also i dont like that there’s no room for DA reduction ability - no Blindside or Crushing Verdict (it seems there are just not enough skillpoints for that).
Also i’m a bit sorried with mere 7% ADCTH. Seems kinda low to me. Why dont get more, for example, with Revenant devotion?

Thank you very much for testing this build,added to OP!I decided not to put a video,cause I am not very good pilot and my laptop is old.My fastest run was around 7.20,which would be misleading,your playing shows the value of good piloting!

Yeah I used blade arc on my first “real” forcewave build back in the days so it was a nostalgic thing you know :smiley:

Nostalgia is the reason I played with Krieg Battlemage recently instead of DK and you know it’s rubbish :smiley:

What skill did you put on Ulzaad in devo?

For some reason is not showing in GT.It’s doomforce.Ulzaad have low uptime,so it’s not that important.

Heh this is my problem to a degree. My desktop is a bit over 6 years old at this point, and it wasnt exactly top of the line when I built it lol. I really would like to update, but it probably isn’t in the cards until next year (home remodeling :eek:)

I am curious what is your spec?My laptop have processor Intel Pentium 2.2 GhZ dual core, 4 GB RAM and VC Radeon 7xxx series.

Did a few 3x Stormcaller/1 Vanguard banner runs just for fun. Got in a 5:26min run.

Video:

//youtu.be/pMB7bp09l1M

Very interesting idea,the range of FW allows you to be in optimal position for the banners.

Nery, I would really like to thank you for making this come to fruition from a discussion we had earlier in the forcewave thread, I greatly appreciate it. I rerolled, and currently 32 on my warlord and it is significantly more powerful even at lower level. Once i hash out what to do with these devotions ill make a more detailed post (probably this weekend, i struggle mapping devotions) maybe we could have it added to the beginners guides once i add to it. (looking at faction gear and crafted gear for leveling since I dont have a gear stash you guys have)

again, greatly appreciated, and to those who tested it too. This is a great community.

I can make a beginner/budget guide that leads to this build.You can share some of your experience leveling this build.For devotions mine is straightforward,take assassins mark first,after that rush to Kraken,if you play 2h build and after that Ulzaad.When leveling pay attention to OA,cause assassin proc of crits.

Soldier to rending force
Max out oathkeeper mastery (so you can put assassin blade on guardians)
1 pt guardians (assassin blade)
1 point ascension
1 point vire’s might (movement)
from there 1pt rending force to 2 pt soldier mastery

(thats where im at now, 3.5 crits at 34, need better gear)
ill update this as I go

Oh god not another warlord buiild. Now this one looks like it would make my physical comando and death knight forcewave physical builds obsolete. I worked hard in those and now this? This is definitely better. Lord I hate warlords so much :eek:

1 Like

this all began because i was looking for a newb guide for phys forcewave DK lol and im very much a nub at this game yet so my dumb question lead into this amazing theorycrafting haha.

Try this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDzzdQ2

I kill Kravall on ultimate with this dude

weapon you want something “of ruin” and prefix that is not a damage conversion

Will of Celerity not be better since you gettig alot of cast speed by it?

Yes,I think that you’ll benefit a lot from cast speed bonus,not just celerity gives it.

Would it be too much trouble to ask you to post a Grimtools link was you are progressing and updating the post? Just showing the skill/devotion is very helpful. Gear is going to change so much.